***Official ASDOH Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by artist2022
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No idea but if acceptances weren’t sent out today, that means next Friday they have a batch of acceptances coming out. They have always seemed to do the Friday around the 24th of January for a round of acceptances. Crossing my fingers!

Best of luck, Nik! I hope we both hear good news! I met quite a few dental students at ASDOH, many of which weren’t accepted until Jan-Feb. So I’m guessing they have a decent amount of seats remaining
 
Question for those accepted: Outta curiosity, upon the acceptance phone call or e-mail. do they immediately send out links for the deposit and online background check? Or how long does that process take? Thank you for your help!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question for those accepted: Outta curiosity, upon the acceptance phone call or e-mail. do they immediately send out links for the deposit and online background check? Or how long does that process take? Thank you for your help!!
The email is sent out immediately. ASDOH has been very prompt with updates and responses. An initial checklist is provided; however, once deposit is paid a more detailed outline of matriculation requirements is provided. The background check takes about a week or less.
 
The tuition at ATSU will be higher plus I have another interview coming up next week. But I just want a backup school; thus, I can’t decide.

If the tuition is drastically higher than I wouldn’t recommend it. However, if you have the time and willing to spend additional money ASDOH is a wonderful school and very unique in my opinion. Do you mind if I ask what school you are accepted into?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if I can take online classes to finish my remaining pre-reqs? I rather not take them in person so I can work! Thanks!
 
I have an interview coming up in February. Are all the MMI stations related to dentistry or are they a mixture of dental and non-dental related situations?
 
I have an interview coming up in February. Are all the MMI stations related to dentistry or are they a mixture of dental and non-dental related situations?

Not allowed to really say, but they just want to see how you communicate-show your emphatic side along with being a good listener. And remember to be professional 🙂
 
Does anyone know if I can take online classes to finish my remaining pre-reqs? I rather not take them in person so I can work! Thanks!
I think it depends on the class. For pre-reqs for dental school I think they prefer in person classes. But if it’s a class like psychology, I think online should be fine. I’ve taken a few online courses and was accepted but they were never pre-recs, if that makes sense 🙂
 
Hello ! For those who got accepted recently, congrats ! I was just wondering if you were unable to pick up their phone call , would they at least leave a message ? And is there a specific phone number we should be expecting ? I get ALOT of automated spam calls.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that interviewed in late January, have you heard back at all or know anyone that has? Also does anyone know how many seats they have left in their class? Thanks
 
For those that interviewed in late January, have you heard back at all or know anyone that has? Also does anyone know how many seats they have left in their class? Thanks

I was interviewed early November and I haven’t heard back yet .
 
Wow, did they tell you when you were supposed to hear back when you interviewed?
Well the first round of acceptance was dec 2nd , and I didn’t get a call . Thus far I have not received a rejection or anything . I honestly think I am waitlisted. I just hope to hear back soon so I can apply for wiche.
 
Well the first round of acceptance was dec 2nd , and I didn’t get a call . Thus far I have not received a rejection or anything . I honestly think I am waitlisted. I just hope to hear back soon so I can apply for wiche.

Admission said that , there can be times when you don’t hear back til 2 weeks before school start .
 
I was reading last year’s forum and it looks like ASDOH takes their time in getting back to interviewees. People that got interviewed in January didn’t get a call until March.
 
I was reading last year’s forum and it looks like ASDOH takes their time in getting back to interviewees. People that got interviewed in January didn’t get a call until March.

I interview the first date they had. I haven't received anything from them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there will be any more interview invite? My app was completed since Sept and did not hear anything back at all. Should I just accept that it's pretty much a rejection at this point?