-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***Official ASDOH Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Are we going to receive decisions on the 2nd or the 3rd? On other forums from past years I noticed they posted that they got calls on the 3rd. Also, will it be an update on the portal or email or phone call?? Ahh I’m so anxious! Good luck everyone!!!
It was the 3rd because December 1st was Saturday that year. This year December 1st is today Sunday. This means that the day available to receive an acceptance starts tomorrow December 2nd, Monday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!!!! 8:24 A.M!
How did you find out? Email, call, messenger pigeon?
Accepted!!!! 8:24 A.M!
Congratulations by the way!
They called me! Goodluck to you all!How did you find out? Email, call, messenger pigeon?
Justsmile97
New Member
Accepted! 8:13am.
congratulations! where do you live?Accepted! 8:13am.
Justsmile97
New Member
Florida!congratulations! where do you live?
stayflossinnn
Full Member
Accepted! IS
Accepted! So excited!!! OOS 9:03am PST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted Via Email 1:06 PM!
did you get a call as well or just an email?Accepted Via Email 1:06 PM!
Just an emaildid you get a call as well or just an email?
Congratulations! Did you get a call or an email?Just got accepted too!!! So exciting
Just recieved a call from Dr. Kalamchi as well.Just an email
stayflossinnn
Full Member
Is anyone else scared of the cost of ASDOH?
Accepted via email 12:06!
Hey guys, I am a D1 student here at ASDOH.
Congrats to those that got the first round of acceptances! For those that haven’t received their acceptance, don’t fret as they are rolling admissions and they will continue to interview to the end of February.
Regarding the tuition cost, it is very daunting, but they offer a scholarship portal, there are PSLF programs, military, and NHSC programs that you can apply for. Yes, some of the scholarship programs are very competitive. We do have one of the highest tuitions, and they explained where it's all allocated. It's borderline fair IMO. Ofc who doesn't want a cheaper tuition, but the school and program are definitely worth coming here for as you've learned in your interview day.
Congrats to those that got the first round of acceptances! For those that haven’t received their acceptance, don’t fret as they are rolling admissions and they will continue to interview to the end of February.
Regarding the tuition cost, it is very daunting, but they offer a scholarship portal, there are PSLF programs, military, and NHSC programs that you can apply for. Yes, some of the scholarship programs are very competitive. We do have one of the highest tuitions, and they explained where it's all allocated. It's borderline fair IMO. Ofc who doesn't want a cheaper tuition, but the school and program are definitely worth coming here for as you've learned in your interview day.
Hey guys, I am a D1 student here at ASDOH.
Congrats to those that got the first round of acceptances! For those that haven’t received their acceptance, don’t fret as they are rolling admissions and they will continue to interview to the end of February.
Regarding the tuition cost, it is very daunting, but they offer a scholarship portal, there are PSLF programs, military, and NHSC programs that you can apply for. Yes, some of the scholarship programs are very competitive. We do have one of the highest tuitions, and they explained where it's all allocated. It's borderline fair IMO. Ofc who doesn't want a cheaper tuition, but the school and program are definitely worth coming here for as you've learned in your interview day.
Anyone reading this needs to recognize that with accrued interest you will owe nearly 1/2 a MILLION dollars in debt when you graduate, not even beginning to pay down the principle amount. This is not including any undergraduate/masters loans you may have. If you wish to specialize, those programs are stupid expensive as well. Attend your cheapest option and/or seek out a scholarship. The people telling you "Oh you'll make 150k starting and you can pay it off" are either current students without much life experience or people who haven't had this much debt before. If you want a house, a new car, vacations every year, this debt will EAT YOU ALIVE and you'll be paying on it for 30 years. Every single practicing dentist I have spoken to has told me to pursue a scholarship to pay in full and walk away debt free. You may have gotten accepted, but your financial future is a whole different animal you have to consider and plan for. ASDOH is fantastic, just do it the right way.
dentalfuturestudent
Full Member
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted to the ASDOH class of 2024! I was hoping some of you could provide me with some honest advice! I submitted an application here in September BUT never got around to completing the secondary application... The application due date for ASDOH has now passed (yet the secondary application states that it is not technically due until January 15th) Do you think that it would be worth submitting the secondary application at this point in time? Obviously it is very late in the cycle, but I already have a community service LOR that one of my advisors wrote me back in September as well as am an Arizona resident. I haven't even started answering the essay questions and am just unsure if it's worth all the time it will take me to write my responses as well as pay $70 for the fee since it is so late in the cycle at this point!
Anyone interviewing on 1/13 !! reach out if you are
Anyone reading this needs to recognize that with accrued interest you will owe nearly 1/2 a MILLION dollars in debt when you graduate, not even beginning to pay down the principle amount. This is not including any undergraduate/masters loans you may have. If you wish to specialize, those programs are stupid expensive as well. Attend your cheapest option and/or seek out a scholarship. The people telling you "Oh you'll make 150k starting and you can pay it off" are either current students without much life experience or people who haven't had this much debt before. If you want a house, a new car, vacations every year, this debt will EAT YOU ALIVE and you'll be paying on it for 30 years. Every single practicing dentist I have spoken to has told me to pursue a scholarship to pay in full and walk away debt free. You may have gotten accepted, but your financial future is a whole different animal you have to consider and plan for. ASDOH is fantastic, just do it the right way.
Yes, I agree that those that have the 150k mindset is a little shortsighted and that they should always be assuming growth in the financial aspect. Right now, I believe we're on the edge of whether or not the ROI of a private dental school tuition is worth it or not and it's a complicated subject given the political atmosphere on student loans lately. Regardless, you definitely want to be wise in your financial decisions as with any other life changing choices.
I want to be very candid with everyone. There are a lot of crass comments that are there to scare you and make you think that some dental schools aren't worth it. If you want to go to dental school, then do it. Don't be deterred. There are a lot of people that work hard to get in and don't have the luxury of choosing whatever school they want. (I was extremely lucky to get into my 1st choice OOS) So what do you do? Keel over because it's too expensive? Of course not, so if you want to get into dental school, you'll find a way and you should plan accordingly.
araincloud
Full Member
Did you call the school and ask about it?Congrats to everyone who has been accepted to the ASDOH class of 2024! I was hoping some of you could provide me with some honest advice! I submitted an application here in September BUT never got around to completing the secondary application... The application due date for ASDOH has now passed (yet the secondary application states that it is not technically due until January 15th) Do you think that it would be worth submitting the secondary application at this point in time? Obviously it is very late in the cycle, but I already have a community service LOR that one of my advisors wrote me back in September as well as am an Arizona resident. I haven't even started answering the essay questions and am just unsure if it's worth all the time it will take me to write my responses as well as pay $70 for the fee since it is so late in the cycle at this point!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted today!!! 3:30 PM EST
Last edited:
Accepted today!!! 3:30 PM EST
Interesting. I was told by the director of admissions the next admissions round was on the 20th or so of January
Very interesting and unexpected, because I was told the same thing on interview day.Interesting. I was told by the director of admissions the next admissions round was on the 20th or so of January
However, I received a call and email well before then.
When did they send the invite?Was offered an interview here, anyone able to give some advice on what the interview day is like/ actual interview. Thanks!
Monday the 6thWhen did they send the invite?
When did you interview?? I interviewed December 6th and they said we will hear back either way the third week of January.Very interesting and unexpected, because I was told the same thing on interview day.
However, I received a call and email well before then.
I interviewed Friday, December 6th with you, Nik. I mailed out thank you cards on Saturday and they called me on Tuesday.When did you interview?? I interviewed December 6th and they said we will hear back either way the third week of January.
Shoot. That makes me nervous. I thought I had a good interview. Must mean bad news for me? Haha, congrats to you though!I interviewed Friday, December 6th with you, Nik. I mailed out thank you cards on Saturday and they called me on Tuesday.
Nooo! My situation is probably really rare. Stay positive. You did awesome on interview day. You got this!Shoot. That makes me nervous. I thought I had a good interview. Must mean bad news for me? Haha, congrats to you though!
Thanks! What was your name?Nooo! My situation is probably really rare. Stay positive. You did awesome on interview day. You got this!
I interviewed Friday, December 6th with you, Nik. I mailed out thank you cards on Saturday and they called me on Tuesday.
How would you say the interview itself was? Should I be nervous? Could you tell me anything helpful? Thanks.
The interview went pretty smooth!How would you say the interview itself was? Should I be nervous? Could you tell me anything helpful? Thanks.
It's common to be nervous and anxious; however, you really just need to be yourself and have confidence in your journey and your application. Honestly, they seem to be looking for holistic students, especially those who can interact with patients with compassion, poise, and professionalism.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CAN I ASK YOUR STATS?Accepted! So excited!!! OOS 9:03am PST
Any idea how many seats they have filled by now?Any acceptances today?
No idea but if acceptances weren’t sent out today, that means next Friday they have a batch of acceptances coming out. They have always seemed to do the Friday around the 24th of January for a round of acceptances. Crossing my fingers!Any idea how many seats they have filled by now?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K