Official August 22, 2009 PCAT Scores (Post Here)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vultron

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi August 2008 Pcat Examiners.
Please Post your Scores in this Format.
You Can Copy and Paste the Format and Put in your actual Scores.
You can say how you feel about the Pcat and the Experience.
Thanks!!! Goodluck!!!

Multiple-Choice Scores
Scaled Score/Percentile Rank

Verbal Ability xxx/xx
Biology xxx/xx
Reading Comprehension xxx/xx
Quantitative Ability xxx/xx
Chemistry xxx/xx
Composite xxx/xx

Writing Scores
Conventions of Language x.x
Problem Solving x.x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Verbal Ability 397 43

Biology 440 94

Reading Comprehension 371 9

Quantitative Ability 480 99

Chemistry 438 90

Composite 425 86

Conventions of Language 2.5

Problem Solving 2.5

I am an internation student that means English is not my first lauguage.

I almost gave up verbal ability, but I was shocked by score of reading

comprehension. Should I retake it? It was my first test.

My G.P.A is 4.0, so far.

Is there any chance to get in any pharmacy school with these score?

Reading comprehension is killing me.:(

Hello all

I just got back my PCAT scores and I am very shocked. Below are my scores:

Verbal 381/19
Bio 406/61
Reading 380/16
Math 405/49
Chem 379/15
Comp 390/24

I can't believe my scores because I started reviewing 2 months before my pcat and I feel very discouraged. But, I have 3.9 GPA, 4 years of health care experience, volunteer and extracurricular, good LORs. I am applying to 8 schools. What are my chances of getting in a pharmacy school? and how can I improve my scores in october pcat?????

Please Help

First of all -- and this is going to sound harsh -- but it's surprising that someone with a 3.9 GPA would score so low on the PCAT -- esp. the chem, math and bio sections. I don't know your study habits, but it's pretty clear from your scores that you didn't put enough effort into studying for the PCAT.

That being said, you could totally improve your scores significantly IF you put the effort into studying. Get the Kaplan books, Dr. Collins, take a course, do whatever you need to do to improve, and you should be in better shape come November.

verbal ability- 422/81
biology- 446/96
reading comp- 398/42 (Uhh...)
quantitative- 416/69

chemistry- 449/95
writing- 2/2

composite 426/87

i really like my biology and chemistry scores...but my reading comp and writing scores are incredibly low. i know i can do better in reading comp, but i am not confident i will do as well again in chem. should i retake?

Members don't see this ad :)
verbal ability - 419/77
biology - 414/71
reading - 409/60 :thumbdown:
quantitative ability - 434/88
chemistry - 434/88

composite -422/83

writing 3/3

the funny thing is i thought i FAILED math and chem. LOL

i don't know if i should retake or not. might have to call admission officers and see........

but overall i'm glad. i thought i got a composite 50 or lower.

Howdie,

I also have the question that everyone else is pondering, should I retake? I know my score is on the low end of accepted scores but I feel that my GPA might make up for it. I am an engineering major, who are known for their bad English skills. Please, let me know your thoughts.

Verbal Ability: 63
Biology: 84
Reading Comprehension: 18
Quantitative Ability: 81
Chemistry: 81
Composite: 69

PharmCAS GPA: 3.82

Thanks,
-Adam

Verbal 58
Bio 84
Reading 21
quantitative 97
Chemistry 95
composite- 84

writing 2.5/2

The composite is the score what i need. Is is right?^^ I think my score is enough to apply, but the scores in English parts are bad:( (I am an international student, and i've been here only for one and half year.)

How do you think guys?^^

Just got my score in the mail today! I'm absolutely ecstatic now! Was my 2nd attempt on the PCAT just to improve my writing score.

Attempt 1 (Jan 2009)
Composite - 97
Writing - 2/3

August test:
Composite - 99
Writing - 3/3

Only studied from Kaplan's 08/09 book for both tests.

Last edited:
Can't believe it. These scores make NO sense but I'll take it, albeit, with a sheepish grin.

VERBAL 92
BIOLOGY 65
READING COMP 66
QUANT ABIL 78
CHEMISTRY 81
COMPOSITE 83

Writing 3/3

• Verbal was expected, but still happy to see.
  • Biol was really unexpected. There was way so much I didn't know paving way to numerous uneducated guesses. I expected a 30 or a sub 50 for sure.
  • Reading comprehension was unexpected and the only real "downer" here. This was my only section that I felt calm upon completion. Was expecting a 98 or 99 here to pull up the other pitiful scores
  • Math was expected even though I got 97 here on the last PCAT because this time I ran out of time real early and randomly guessed the last 12-14 questions. Also only studied half a day for this section due to time constraint.
  • CHEM - The biggest shocker. I guessed near everything that wasn't taught in Grade 12. I expected a single digit score here. This one truly makes zero sense.
  • Writing scores - I knew these didn't matter and that the likelihood of getting anything other than 3/3 appeared close to none so there's no reaction here.
So I post these scores and my shock at them, just to give hope to those who haven't received theirs yet.

I felt destroyed after taking the PCAT, dreading the idea of reading that big fat purple Kaplan monstrosity again. In fact, I felt like I was soooo far from mediocrity, that I was looking into -gasp!- buying even MORE material to study from. (especially after reading posts on SDN about people studying from multiple study guides and TEXTBOOKS.....)

Anyway, yes. So again, if you can't exactly follow the almost certainly incoherent ramblings above (because I am on a bit of a high at the moment), I'll reiterate my point which is one that you and I have all heard before and probably will mean nothing to you again because it didn't to me when I browsed these forums the night before....and that's...Don't give up hope. At least open that Pearson envelope. Don't be tempted to throw it away for the poetic effect. It may surprise you!

Cheers.

Chemistry 443 93
Quantitative Ability 468 99
Reading Comprehension 426 83
Biology 429 87
Verbal Ability 450 97
Composite 443 97

Problem Solving 3.0 2.84
Conventions of Language 3.0 2.83

Sounds like this is my admission ticket.

You can always retake

how do you feel about California schools? Since they dont look at pcats...
My GPA is a dismall 3.0 but my PCAT composite was a 94. You probably have a better chance of getting into a school than me.

verbal ability- 422/81
biology- 446/96
reading comp- 398/42 (Uhh...)
quantitative- 416/69

chemistry- 449/95
writing- 2/2

composite 426/87

i really like my biology and chemistry scores...but my reading comp and writing scores are incredibly low. i know i can do better in reading comp, but i am not confident i will do as well again in chem. should i retake?

My scores are basically the same as yours except that I got owned on verbal.

.Verbal ability 58
Biology 90
Reading Comprehesion 60
Quantitative Ability 91
Chemistry 87
Composite 85
. .

Conventions of Language 2.5
Problem Solving 2.5

i'm feeling really iffy about my essay scores and this is my second pcat. do you think i should retake?

also when i did the official pcat practise test it states that "conventions of language scores are assigned by a single trained scorer as a whole number" .
so why do i see so many people with 0.5 scores on conventions of language?

Can't believe it. These scores make NO sense but I'll take it, albeit, with a sheepish grin.

VERBAL 92
BIOLOGY 65
READING COMP 66
QUANT ABIL 78
CHEMISTRY 81
COMPOSITE 83

Writing 3/3

• Verbal was expected, but still happy to see.
  • Biol was really unexpected. There was way so much I didn't know paving way to numerous uneducated guesses. I expected a 30 or a sub 50 for sure.
  • Reading comprehension was unexpected and the only real "downer" here. This was my only section that I felt calm upon completion. Was expecting a 98 or 99 here to pull up the other pitiful scores
  • Math was expected even though I got 97 here on the last PCAT because this time I ran out of time real early and randomly guessed the last 12-14 questions. Also only studied half a day for this section due to time constraint.
  • CHEM - The biggest shocker. I guessed near everything that wasn't taught in Grade 12. I expected a single digit score here. This one truly makes zero sense.
  • Writing scores - I knew these didn't matter and that the likelihood of getting anything other than 3/3 appeared close to none so there's no reaction here.
So I post these scores and my shock at them, just to give hope to those who haven't received theirs yet.

I felt destroyed after taking the PCAT, dreading the idea of reading that big fat purple Kaplan monstrosity again. In fact, I felt like I was soooo far from mediocrity, that I was looking into -gasp!- buying even MORE material to study from. (especially after reading posts on SDN about people studying from multiple study guides and TEXTBOOKS.....)

Anyway, yes. So again, if you can't exactly follow the almost certainly incoherent ramblings above (because I am on a bit of a high at the moment), I'll reiterate my point which is one that you and I have all heard before and probably will mean nothing to you again because it didn't to me when I browsed these forums the night before....and that's...Don't give up hope. At least open that Pearson envelope. Don't be tempted to throw it away for the poetic effect. It may surprise you!

Cheers.

haha i also got 83 composite!! :)
but:

verbal : 81
biology: 75
reading: 60
quantative : 85
chemistry: 88

composite: 83

:) i was having a panic attack opening that envelope and when i saw 83, i started screaming oh my god..
haha :)

Verbal Ability 400/48
Biology 465/99
Reading Comprehension 422/79
Quantitative Ability 453/97
Chemistry 455/96
Composite 439/96

Writing Scores
Conventions of Language 3.0
Problem Solving 3.0

Aug 09 PCAT

VA 92
Bio 99
RC 88
QA 64
Chem 72
Composite 93

Jan 09 PCAT

Verbal 78
Bio 94
Reading 89
Quant 26
Chem 91
Composite % 86

My GPA is a 2.8
The chem for Aug was SOOOO much harder dammit !

Your score seems more like what I am capable of getting on PCAT.... I have taken several PCAT practice test...and Verbal Ability and Reading portion is what i am weak in. Rest I am only miss 4-8 question everytime. Anyways with composite score of 99 you can definately get into any school you desire. GL

Verbal 389 30
Biology 484 99
Reading Comprehension 417 72
Quantitative Ability 498 99
Chemistry 472 99
Composite 452 99
Writing 3/3

Very happy with my score except verbal...