Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official Boards Part II
Started by MODPOD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There were quite a few that I had no idea what the answer was. There were also some obvious questions that will be thrown out.
Long time reader. First time poster. I made this account specifically to comment on this exam, which I just took today. Now, to be fair, I'll add context. I'm a very good student, near the top of my class, with a 3.72. It's amazing how everything I've read/heard about this horrid test was more or less true. Horribly written, caught 3 spelling/grammatical errors, and just horribly constructed overall. We all know about the horrible amount of radiology physics. Got maybe 2 questions on classifications which I spent the most time on to be honest. Barely any antibiotics or clinical podiatry. Disappointing. Still a very doable test. I'd like to see this damn thing be graded on a scale rather than P/NP. It will help us with parity. Anyway, hope everyone did well today. Oh, and for future takers, here is my take on materials.
Podiatry: PI Manual, Prism
Medicine: Pocket Medicine/Class notes
Antibiotics/Microbiology: Honestly, any study aid will suffice. Most cover the same bugs and drugs
Medical Law/Epidemiology: I found Pearls to suffice
Radiology: Section in pocket pod sufficed but you'll still be confused and miss a few
Podiatry: PI Manual, Prism
Medicine: Pocket Medicine/Class notes
Antibiotics/Microbiology: Honestly, any study aid will suffice. Most cover the same bugs and drugs
Medical Law/Epidemiology: I found Pearls to suffice
Radiology: Section in pocket pod sufficed but you'll still be confused and miss a few
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have noticed a few duplicate threads about Part II. They are now combined. This is now the "official" thread.
I agree with everything. Had a couple questions with no right answers, another one with the picture not showing up of the X-ray I was supposed to classify. Don't understand how this still hasn't been fixed...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So what advice would you guys give fellow students?
For a student not in the top 1% of the class?
For a student not in the top 1% of the class?
So what advice would you guys give fellow students?
For a student not in the top 1% of the class?
Study within your means. At this point in the career you should've developed study habits that work for YOU. My main advice is stick a set of good study material and don't stray. It's easy to get caught up and overwhelmed when you're reading about the same thing done different ways in four different manuals.
Don't scores release tomorrow ?
Yeah, for both the written and the clinical skills exam...
It's an embarrassing assessment given we pay $900 a pop.
Just wait until you drop $1925 at the end of 3rd year of residency.
All hearsay but I heard Kent had 87% on the written and 95% on the clinical skills. Like I said though, I'm hearing this all secondhand.
So any news on how each school did? Barry had a 100% pass rate on the written and 90% on the clinical skills exam. I heard the average for the written nationally was 91%. Any idea what the clinical skills exam was?
CSPM had a 82% (42/51) pass rate for the written and 96% (49/51) pass rate for the oral. Our dean told us the national average for the written was 92% but said she has not gotten a national average for the oral.
Approximately how many questions do we need to get correct to pass boards?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 157
- Views
- 29K