***Official Howard University class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

So I called on Monday morning and got the payment email this afternoon. -_-
Didn't get an email about requirements eventhough I havent taken H A&P2.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
They said nothing but to call them back, which is maddening. I was at work and because of the time difference didn't get to call them back until it was 9PM their time. I'll call tomorrow morning and keep you posted.

It took them one month to acknowledge my money order

They said nothing but to call them back, which is maddening. I was at work and because of the time difference didn't get to call them back until it was 9PM their time. I'll call tomorrow morning and keep you posted.
Thank You, please do.
I really am trying to be patient but they are the last school that I am waiting to get some sort of feedback from. I sent my money order 7/25. But I suppose to wait goes on.

Thank You, please do.
I really am trying to be patient but they are the last school that I am waiting to get some sort of feedback from. I sent my money order 7/25. But I suppose to wait goes on.

They were just calling about my fee. I had left my name with the lady in charge of sorting them. She asked me if I received a confirmation email, which I didn't. She said shed tried and find it today and I just received an email saying they did and my app is under review.

Received my supplemental fee email on 8/28, but I didn't know until 8/29 when I looked in my junk mailbox... Ill be sending my money order tomorrow and hope for the best!!

Received the confirmation for my money order yesterday, I guess the review will start once my new dat scores post. Does anyone know if they take your most recent score or a mixed average of your 1st and second scores?

I believe it's your most recent scores they accept. What are your stats?

@dedicated100 17aa 21pa just under the 18avg. what about you?

@1stlady90 17aa and 19pa I'm going to retake it in October...

Do you guys think we should retake late in cycle with those scores especially If I finished postbac with 3.53 and pursuing masters?

Members don't see this ad :)
@mjgzrk I would email an admissions counselor at this school to see what he/she thinks before you spend $385 again. A higher tier school contacted me to retake it eventhough I have postbac and grad. so this school may be different.

If your Addsas says Received/Awaiting additional information, do we call them or nah?

@mjgzrk I would email an admissions counselor at this school to see what he/she thinks before you spend $385 again. A higher tier school contacted me to retake it eventhough I have postbac and grad. so this school may be different.

If your Addsas says Received/Awaiting additional information, do we call them or nah?

What do you mean 385? I applied to 48 schools. And they wouldn't consider a person with not a regular post bac I'm talking about medical pharmacology, medical neuroscience, human anatomy with human cadavers and physiology, molecular basis of medicine, and infectious process aka immunology and histology all graduate doctor courses

My under grad was 2.7 sucked but recently finished with 3.53 gpa and enrolled in masters

I just wanna get in. I jumped 8 points on from my previous 1 st DAT. I will only retake it if they ask me.

Sir you can do whatever you want, I didn't ask for your stats, I just answered your question.

Sir you can do whatever you want, I didn't ask for your stats, I just answered your question.

Mam, I am just trying to hype up the scenario, I know what I am capable of accomplishing, thank you very much for answering my questions. Good luck to you :)

Does howard send the supp fee email to everyone or to applicants they are interested in?

Dedicated100 yessss i'm just trying to be patient and plan other things to pass the time by. It will be any day now.

7.5 weeks later and I finally got the confirmation of money order email. Hopefully they don't take another 8 weeks to extend interview invitations.

Hey guys
I just wanted to let you know to start watching your emails. I recieved an interview invite last night for September 18th!!!!

Hey guys
I just wanted to let you know to start watching your emails. I recieved an interview invite last night for September 18th!!!!
Congratulations! Its a relief to know that the no section below 18 requiremenr isn't a fixed requirement. We have the same QR score. Good Luck.

@Aherring831 Are you oos or in-state? And congratulations

@1stlady90 I am oos I guess...I live in VA and thank you!

Hey guys

Congrats on the interview! How long did it take from the time you completed you application to get an invite??

Hey guys!

I just want to let you guys know that the interview went great. It was really laid back and was not to stressful even though I myself was a nervous wreck lol. Mrs. Nixon informed us the reason why the group I was in was called in so early was because everyone was local. I live about a half an hour from DC and everyone else was from Maryland.

Hey guys!

I just want to let you guys know that the interview went great. It was really laid back and was not to stressful even though I myself was a nervous wreck lol. Mrs. Nixon informed us the reason why the group I was in was called in so early was because everyone was local. I live about a half an hour from DC and everyone else was from Maryland.
Thanks for the update!

For those of you that sent in supplemental fees, did you also have to send official college transcripts?

I just received notification that they received my application fee.

However, about five minutes later, I received another e-mail that "After careful review of your application the Admissions Committee suggests that you retake the required three (3) credit hours of Biochemistry from an accredited four year college or university. This is a required prerequisite."

Is this an automated e-mail? Does this mean they won't review my application? I was planning on taking the course during the Spring. I feel like Howard has very strange ways in terms of pre-requisites. I e-mailed HUCDAdmit but have heard their response time is terrible.

Did anyone get interviews after receiving this e-mail?

Thanks

I just received notification that they received my application fee.

However, about five minutes later, I received another e-mail that "After careful review of your application the Admissions Committee suggests that you retake the required three (3) credit hours of Biochemistry from an accredited four year college or university. This is a required prerequisite."

Is this an automated e-mail? Does this mean they won't review my application? I was planning on taking the course during the Spring. I feel like Howard has very strange ways in terms of pre-requisites. I e-mailed HUCDAdmit but have heard their response time is terrible.

Did anyone get interviews after receiving this e-mail?

Thanks

You need to call Ms. Randall in the admissions department

So.....has anyone heard anything (other than people from the DMV area)?

Sigh...it's almost October and the anticipation is killing me.

I figure they have to start sending invites relatively soon, if they plan on having a good portion of the class filled on December 2nd....they have been slow this entire cycle so I've stopped holding my breath. If it happens it happens, if not oh well.