***Official Howard University class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Wel
Did they pick up your call? I've actually been calling the past few days (to verify my app was complete) and no one has answered, but today I left a message to confirm the interview.

The thing is, the e-mail is from "dontreply@webadmit" because it's automated. So replying to that won't do any good. But, I e-mailed both HUCDAdmit and Deborah Nixon. Have you heard back with confirmation?

Also, where the heck are we supposed to meet? haha
well, they sent me the wrong date "wednesday, november 15th " at first so i called to make sure what is the exact date plus confirm it on the phone as well. Ms. Deborah later on emailed me with the corrected day and i confirmed on that the second time back to her email.
I am just going to straight to their college of dentistry building that morning.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming that I probably will get rejected from here. No news from them at all

I'm assuming that I probably will get rejected from here. No news from them at all

I cant imagine youd get a rejection out right. They updated my AADSAS with "recieved/awaiting additional info" .... ill send in my academic update but at this point not sure ill incur the travel expenses if they extend a post december interview... I guess ill see how monday goes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Were you expecting 6/6? lol, you have enough interviews be happy :)

I cant imagine youd get a rejection out right. They updated my AADSAS with "recieved/awaiting additional info" .... ill send in my academic update but at this point not sure ill incur the travel expenses if they extend a post december interview... I guess ill see how monday goes.
yea..that's what my aadsas says as well...we shall see I guess.

Were you expecting 6/6? lol, you have enough interviews be happy :)
don't get me wrong..haha. I am happy. However, when I was applying, I was counting this as my sure bet. haha. I'm happy regardless.

I hope Howard lets us know Monday, Im heading back to Jersey Monday so I just might swing by the office and see if I can squeeze something out, I know Ms. Nixon-Willis is out of town so I dont know if anybody else in the admissions office can disclose decisions...ayayai I want to know

Hi everyone... My status changed today to check back dec. 2nd. I interviewed nov. 22, yesterday it still said invited for interview... Did everyone that interview change?
mine changed too

as did mine...lets hope its for all the right reasons b/c I am sold on Howard !!!!!!!!!!!

as did mine...lets hope its for all the right reasons b/c I am sold on Howard !!!!!!!!!!!

I know right! I get nervous thinking about it lol trying to do stuff to keep my mind off of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone... My status changed today to check back dec. 2nd. I interviewed nov. 22, yesterday it still said invited for interview... Did everyone that interview change?

Yeah mine did too... Do u think it will change at midnight? Good luck everyone!!!

I feel like midnight will be a let down :( past years acceptance emails have gone out at noon

Accepted via email :) CONGRATULATIONS everyone !!! Class of 2018 here we come !!!

I'm just saying, Some people including myself are really excited about this school. Either Way This school will make us Dentists, and I really don't appreciate your negativity. If you were only excepted at Meherry.. great.. Own it- But Don't try to discourage other people because of YOUR misfortune

couldn't of said it better myself!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE :) so exciteeddddddd

for those who got accepted what are your stats, so i can compare to see if ill make it ?

for those who got accepted what are your stats, so i can compare to see if ill make it ?
You could have the same/better stats as someone who got in and still not make it. That's why I don't share my stats or ask people to share theirs. It's all arbitrary.

Does anybody know Howard's last interview date?

I feel like this school should inform their applicants about their application status. I haven't heard a single thing back from this school! Tried contacting them but nothing.

I feel like this school should inform their applicants about their application status. I haven't heard a single thing back from this school! Tried contacting them but nothing.
I'm in the same boat dude

did you guys get an email that your money order has been processed. I haven't heard anything from howard.

Don't despair if you haven't heard anything, Howard is often slow on the paperwork. I was supposed to get my decision email Dec 15th, didn't hear anything, started panicking, finally just called them on the 2nd and found out I got in, but they forgot to email my letter -_______-. Excited nonetheless! ℅ 2018!! :D P.S. Howard has very specific calling times! Otherwise they will not answer the phones, so make sure you're adhering to those if you want to get through to them.

Don't despair if you haven't heard anything, Howard is often slow on the paperwork. I was supposed to get my decision email Dec 15th, didn't hear anything, started panicking, finally just called them on the 2nd and found out I got in, but they forgot to email my letter -_______-. Excited nonetheless! ℅ 2018!! :D P.S. Howard has very specific calling times! Otherwise they will not answer the phones, so make sure you're adhering to those if you want to get through to them.

do you know what time you called them? I still haven't heard about if they have received my money order. How was the interview? They ask on their website that one needs to have all 18 or above but I have one section on the dat that is 17. Is that ok?

do you know what time you called them? I still haven't heard about if they have received my money order. How was the interview? They ask on their website that one needs to have all 18 or above but I have one section on the dat that is 17. Is that ok?

I called on Thursday at 2. I have the times in an email somewhere… Here they are: Howard University College of Medicine
Office of Admissions

202-806-6279
Calling hours (All Times Eastern)
Mondays: 1 - 4:00 p.m. Thursdays: 2:00-3:30 p.m. Fridays: 1 - 3:30

My interview went well, very relaxed. I got one ethical question - What would I do if I left something in a patient after a surgery. The next day, I left my interviewer a thank you card, and I emailed Ms. Walk to thank her as well.

I'm not sure what scores you're referring to (18 and above? ???), I had a 26 MCAT and a 3.93 GPA. I just checked my status for the first time since submitting my secondary in October, and It says my interview is still unscheduled -____-.

If you want to get real information out of Howard University CALL THEM and get in their face. The school is an admin nightmare, I know, I go to their undergrad. You really have to stay on them if you want to get stuff done. Good luck!

This is a DENT thread! Disregard all above LOL! My bad...

Anyone know the last day they send out interview invites?????

Hey guys, I applied kinda late just a couple weeks ago. The deadline is January 15th. Not sure if that'll effect me. What do you guys think?

My science GPA is 3.0, BCP is 3.1, non-science is 3.42, and total is 3.12. My DAT scores are 18 all around.
Can I get someone's input on what they think my chances are? It would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I applied kinda late just a couple weeks ago. The deadline is January 15th. Not sure if that'll effect me. What do you guys think?

My science GPA is 3.0, BCP is 3.1, non-science is 3.42, and total is 3.12. My DAT scores are 18 all around.
Can I get someone's input on what they think my chances are? It would be greatly appreciated.

To be honest someone put up here not too long ago that they never like to put up their stats and the reason being is probably because everyone is different. There may be someone with the same stats as you that doesn't get an interview but you do you know. I would say that my stats are somewhere around yours if not a tad bit lower and I did receive an acceptance to howard. The good thing is you made it before the January 15th deadline! I would just say keep the faith and stay hopeful don't give up. =] If it is meant to be you will receive an e-mail in the next coming months. They do keep going until the class is filled.

And all depending on what other things you have done to set yourself apart!

Last edited:
To be honest someone put up here not too long ago that they never like to put up their stats and the reason being is probably because everyone is different. There may be someone with the same stats as you that doesn't get an interview but you do you know. I would say that my stats are somewhere around yours if not a tad bit lower and I did receive an acceptance to howard. The good thing is you made it before the January 15th deadline! I would just say keep the faith and stay hopeful don't give up. =] If it is meant to be you will receive an e-mail in the next coming months. They do keep going until the class is filled.

And all depending on what other things you have done to set yourself apart!

Thanks a lot for your reply sjn and congrats on your acceptance!
Are you a minority applicant? I am not sure if I am considered as a minority. I am of Arabic background and also a Canadian citizen. I will just have to play the waiting game for now :p.

Yes I am a minority student! and I would say technically you are with your Arabic background. I wish you good luck!

has howard accepted anyone with 17 avg? on their website they seem to only take all 18.

Anybody here is invited for the interview on January ??!!!

I submitted my application late December, so it was a little late. They just sent me a confirmation email telling me that they have received my supplementary fee yesterday, so of course I haven't received anything about an interview.
Has anyone else received an interview invite post-December?

I submitted my application late December, so it was a little late. They just sent me a confirmation email telling me that they have received my supplementary fee yesterday, so of course I haven't received anything about an interview.
Has anyone else received an interview invite post-December?
Same here... Submitted my application super late due to some other issues... Sent my supplementary fee in last week and got a thank you email yesterday...no word on an invite yet though...keeping fingers crossed :)

When did you submit your app and send in your supplementary fee if you don't mind me asking?
I actually submitted it on January 3rd lol. The deadline was January 15th.
Sent my supplementary fee January 7th through express mail and they receive it on the 13th.
In the email they told me that I will be emailed if I am invited to an interview.
I am just not sure what my chances are. Like I mentioned in an earlier post I am of Arabic background and a Canadian citizen so I am not sure if they consider me as a minority. Also mentioned that my science GPA is 3.0, BCP is 3.1, non-science is 3.42, and total is 3.12. My DAT scores are 18 all around.
What do you think seniorita13? any chance?

I actually submitted it on January 3rd lol. The deadline was January 15th.
Sent my supplementary fee January 7th through express mail and they receive it on the 13th.
In the email they told me that I will be emailed if I am invited to an interview.
I am just not sure what my chances are. Like I mentioned in an earlier post I am of Arabic background and a Canadian citizen so I am not sure if they consider me as a minority. Also mentioned that my science GPA is 3.0, BCP is 3.1, non-science is 3.42, and total is 3.12. My DAT scores are 18 all around.
What do you think seniorita13? any chance?

Im in the same boat… i sent my supp app fee in on the 7th and received confirmation the 13th as well. I think you should be fine and should be considered a minority. I graduated from Howard's undergrad last year and know personally that the dental class is always very diverse. Overall I think we should be hearing some good news soon since we already were sent the supp fee and I have a friend that applied before me and is also Howard Alumni and hasn't received anything. I spoke with Ms. Randall the secretary of admissions there in mid-December and she mentioned that they do interviews up until Spring. We just have to keep hope alive lol :)

Im in the same boat… i sent my supp app fee in on the 7th and received confirmation the 13th as well. I think you should be fine and should be considered a minority. I graduated from Howard's undergrad last year and know personally that the dental class is always very diverse. Overall I think we should be hearing some good news soon since we already were sent the supp fee and I have a friend that applied before me and is also Howard Alumni and hasn't received anything. I spoke with Ms. Randall the secretary of admissions there in mid-December and she mentioned that they do interviews up until Spring. We just have to keep hope alive lol :)
Oh wow really? They go all the way into the spring? I guess that's good news though. If you hear anything back from them, can you post it on here? And I will make sure I do the same. Best of luck!