You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**
Started by Glimmer1991
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
School: Louisville
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5
Application complete date: 7/16
Ferneezy what kind of crazy stuff do you have on your application that you already have five interviews? We have very similar stats and I only have one 🙁 *jealousy*
Ferneezy what kind of crazy stuff do you have on your application that you already have five interviews? We have very similar stats and I only have one 🙁 *jealousy*
Bigsmil3 has 8 just so u know
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First interview 🙂🙂
School: NOVA Southwestern
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: International
Application mailed: 8/27
GPA (science, overall) 3.96, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/19/none
Is it bad that the first available date for the interview is like in mid-November?
School: NOVA Southwestern
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: International
Application mailed: 8/27
GPA (science, overall) 3.96, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/19/none
Is it bad that the first available date for the interview is like in mid-November?
Is it bad that the first available date for the interview is like in mid-November?
Nah, you're in for your interview before December, so no worries there! Congrats!! 😀
Bigsmil3 has 8 just so u know
It came down to the personal statement for me...
It came down to the personal statement for me...
Are you non-traditional or urm by any chance ?
Ferneezy what kind of crazy stuff do you have on your application that you already have five interviews? We have very similar stats and I only have one 🙁 *jealousy*
well, i'm a non-trad about 12 years older than your typical straight outta college applicant. and you're probably also aware my grades are garbage...so i just made sure my ECs, PS, and LORs were not only awesome, but conveyed what i will bring to dental school and dentistry as a whole.
i made the decision to pursue this path about four years ago, even then only knowing that i'd apply when i thought i could present the best app i could. as a former dean of admissions told me earlier this year: "the cycle will tell you how well you prepared yourself. if you have 3+ interviews pre-december, chances are someone will take a chance on you".
not that anyone is a definitive shoe-in, but i would probably be comfortable saying that applicants like myself are likely the ones that adcoms take chances on.
as i go through these interviews, if schools tell me what part of my app they called me up for, i'll gladly share what they say. if i had to pick just one thing...probably my ps.
well, i'm a non-trad about 12 years older than your typical straight outta college applicant. and you're probably also aware my grades are garbage...so i just made sure my ECs, PS, and LORs were not only awesome, but conveyed what i will bring to dental school and dentistry as a whole.
I had no clue you were in your 30s! I must have missed that along the way.
Congratulations, Ferneezy! 😀
Congrats Ferneezy. 😀
Are you non-traditional or urm by any chance ?
Yes..Non traditional
I had no clue you were in your 30s! I must have missed that along the way.
Congratulations, Ferneezy! 😀
my habits of sipping fine, aged bourbon whilst draped in velvet in my mahogany study do not translate well on a forum.
Congrats Ferneezy. 😀
thanks, but i would ask you to save that for december...or whenever i get an acceptance. if i get one.
Congrats Ferneezy!! I am glad to hear that I am not the only 'senior citizen' around here 🙂. I am past my mid thirties with wife and a kid!
you guys (and gals) with the kids and the family stuff to handle have it way harder than i could imagine. if anyone is like you in my dental class i'll probably make it a point to go out of my way to make sure they're getting along.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got an invite from une (email). second interview so far, and it is scheduled for mid sept. my first was on 8/14 at nyu. I'm a maine resident.
3.79 overall; 3.8 science
20 AA
20 TS
22 BIO
20 PAT
20 RC
Congrats!!!! i haven't even head back from UNE after submitting my application for sending them my application fee, how long after choosing UNE did they contact you for supp application and application fee?
Gotta keep up with ferneezy!
#5!
Western University
Phone call
8/30
Second batch, ny resident
Stats posted previously
#5!
Western University
Phone call
8/30
Second batch, ny resident
Stats posted previously
Congrats!!!! i haven't even head back from UNE after submitting my application for sending them my application fee, how long after choosing UNE did they contact you for supp application and application fee?
thanks! i was first batch, and i probably did the supp/fee a month or 1.5 months ago
it came as an email
Gotta keep up with ferneezy!
#5!
Western University
Phone call
8/30
Second batch, ny resident
Stats posted previously
When did you get the app complete email?
when did you get the app complete email?
7/26
First invitation OMG THX u lord
School:LECOM
Notification date:8/27/13
Method of notification:email
Residency:MD
AADSAS mail-out date:6/28/13
Application complete date:7/5/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) 21/20/22/20/none
School:LECOM
Notification date:8/27/13
Method of notification:email
Residency:MD
AADSAS mail-out date:6/28/13
Application complete date:7/5/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) 21/20/22/20/none
4th interview
School: Case Western
Notification date: 8/30
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: CA
Application mailed: 7/12 completed 8/2
GPA (science, overall) 3.05/3.05
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/22/19/none

School: Case Western
Notification date: 8/30
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: CA
Application mailed: 7/12 completed 8/2
GPA (science, overall) 3.05/3.05
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/22/19/none
First & second invitation
School:Oklahoma
Decision Date:8/26/2013
Notification date:8/30/13
Method of notification:AADSAS portal
Residency:Toronto, Canada
AADSAS mail-out date:6/28/13
Application complete date:7/17/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) 20/20/22/18/none
School:Western
Notification date:8/30/13
Method of notification😛hone Call
Residency: Toronto, Canada
AADSAS mail-out date:6/28/13
Application complete date:7/20/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) 20/20/22/18/none
School:Oklahoma
Decision Date:8/26/2013
Notification date:8/30/13
Method of notification:AADSAS portal
Residency:Toronto, Canada
AADSAS mail-out date:6/28/13
Application complete date:7/17/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) 20/20/22/18/none
School:Western
Notification date:8/30/13
Method of notification😛hone Call
Residency: Toronto, Canada
AADSAS mail-out date:6/28/13
Application complete date:7/20/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) 20/20/22/18/none
Last edited:
Gotta keep up with ferneezy!
#5!
Western University
Phone call
8/30
Second batch, ny resident
Stats posted previously
[YOUTUBE]ygQvB6OjHOU[/YOUTUBE]
5th interview!!
Oklahoma!
The AADSAS portal told me I had an interview but I hadn't received an email yet. Called in to see what was going on and I was told that they decided on who they want to interview but will be sending out email confirmations on Tuesday.
My stats are already on this thread.
Oklahoma!
The AADSAS portal told me I had an interview but I hadn't received an email yet. Called in to see what was going on and I was told that they decided on who they want to interview but will be sending out email confirmations on Tuesday.
My stats are already on this thread.
Second interview!!!
School: University of Colorado
Notification date: 8/30
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Colorado
Application mailed: 7/5
GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.19
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/20/None
School: University of Colorado
Notification date: 8/30
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Colorado
Application mailed: 7/5
GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.19
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/20/None
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1st One!!!!!
School: University of Colorado
Notification date: 8/30
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Arizona
Application mailed: 28 June
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/18/21/16QR
School: University of Colorado
Notification date: 8/30
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Arizona
Application mailed: 28 June
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/18/21/16QR
5th interview!!
Oklahoma!
The AADSAS portal told me I had an interview but I hadn't received an email yet. Called in to see what was going on and I was told that they decided on who they want to interview but will be sending out email confirmations on Tuesday.
My stats are already on this thread.
Congrats!! 🙂 Oklahoma and some other schools don't show up on my portal even though I was invited. Do all schools use the portal?
Second interview!!!
School: University of Colorado
Notification date: 8/30
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Colorado
Application mailed: 7/5
GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.19
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/20/None
awesome! my home state showing you some love. i applied there but i probably have a snowball's chance.
Congrats!! 🙂 Oklahoma and some other schools don't show up on my portal even though I was invited. Do all schools use the portal?
Thanks! I'm not sure. I know last year every school had a status as soon as we applied. This time around it was delayed and some schools aren't showing up. Don't exactly know what's going on. Good luck though!
First Interview!!!!!
😍😍
School: Case Western
Notification date: Aug 30/ 2013
Method of notification: email
Residency: Ontario, Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: Aug 16/2013
Application complete date: Aug 16/2013
GPA (science, overall) 4.00, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/TS23/PAT22/RC 25/ NO
😍😍
School: Case Western
Notification date: Aug 30/ 2013
Method of notification: email
Residency: Ontario, Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: Aug 16/2013
Application complete date: Aug 16/2013
GPA (science, overall) 4.00, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/TS23/PAT22/RC 25/ NO
Didn't I tell ya ? Good luck, I hope I get one 2 🙂First Interview!!!!!
😍😍
School: Case Western
Notification date: Aug 30/ 2013
Method of notification: email
Residency: Ontario, Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: Aug 16/2013
Application complete date: Aug 16/2013
GPA (science, overall) 4.00, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/TS23/PAT22/RC 25/ NO
Didn't I tell ya ? Good luck, I hope I get one 2 🙂
haha you were right : )
I am so worried because I am re-applying..
When I applied two years ago, no interview invite letter in my inbox (sad story : (
Good luck with you too!
4th interview!! Sept is going to be crazy and expensive!
School: UNE
Notification Date: August 30
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 1st batch
GPA: sGPA: 3.4ish, oGPA: 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 18/19/23/17/none
School: UNE
Notification Date: August 30
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 1st batch
GPA: sGPA: 3.4ish, oGPA: 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 18/19/23/17/none
awesome! my home state showing you some love. i applied there but i probably have a snowball's chance.
Ferneezy I think you have a great chance at getting an interview at Colorado. Just look at the other schools you have gotten interviews at! Colorado will love you eventually. Are you still a Colorado resident?
Ferneezy I think you have a great chance at getting an interview at Colorado. Just look at the other schools you have gotten interviews at! Colorado will love you eventually. Are you still a Colorado resident?
where i have residency i'm oos everywhere. i do, however, have tons of extended family in CO, not like the school has any way of knowing that.
if it happens, it happens.
my habits of sipping fine, aged bourbon whilst draped in velvet in my mahogany study do not translate well on a forum.
thanks, but i would ask you to save that for december...or whenever i get an acceptance. if i get one.
you guys (and gals) with the kids and the family stuff to handle have it way harder than i could imagine. if anyone is like you in my dental class i'll probably make it a point to go out of my way to make sure they're getting along.
man, you must be on some good dope.
Keep up the good work everyone, and congrats to all that have received invites so far! 🙂
School: UPenn
Notification date: 9/3//2013
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013 (4th batch)
Application complete date: 8/2/2013
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/23/None
Notification date: 9/3//2013
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013 (4th batch)
Application complete date: 8/2/2013
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/23/None
Thanks! I'm not sure. I know last year every school had a status as soon as we applied. This time around it was delayed and some schools aren't showing up. Don't exactly know what's going on. Good luck though!
This is a little off. Last year was just like this year. Some schools do not update the portal and therefore you will never see a status from them there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The first interview of many to come !
School: University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry (UTHSC)
Notification date: 9/3/2013
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Alabama
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/30
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall) : 3.45, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19/19/17/20/none
They offered interview either in October or November.
I think earlier is better??
School: University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry (UTHSC)
Notification date: 9/3/2013
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Alabama
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/30
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall) : 3.45, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19/19/17/20/none
They offered interview either in October or November.
I think earlier is better??
Last edited:
Congrats Haileypark.. I think with UT earlier is betterThe first interview of many to come !
School: University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry (UTHSC)
Notification date: 9/3/2013
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Alabama
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/30
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall) : 3.45, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19/19/17/20/none
They offered interview either in October or November.
I think earlier is better??
Number 5 is in
School: Buffalo
Notification Date: Sep. 3
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/12
GPA: sGPA: 3.95, oGPA: 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 25/27/24/23/none
They are booked until mid October. I scheduled for 10/18.

School: Buffalo
Notification Date: Sep. 3
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/12
GPA: sGPA: 3.95, oGPA: 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 25/27/24/23/none
They are booked until mid October. I scheduled for 10/18.
School: Michigan
Notification date: 9/3/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/16/2013, 3rd batch
Application complete date: 6/14/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/19/No
Notification date: 9/3/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/16/2013, 3rd batch
Application complete date: 6/14/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/19/No
2nd and 3rd interviews
School: UDM
Notification date: 8/27
Method of notification: phone
Residency: NYC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 6/10
GPA (science, overall) 3.38, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/30/22/20/nope
School: Buffalo
Notification date: 9/3
Method of notification: email
Residency: NYC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 6/10
GPA (science, overall) 3.38, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/30/22/20/nope
School: UDM
Notification date: 8/27
Method of notification: phone
Residency: NYC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 6/10
GPA (science, overall) 3.38, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/30/22/20/nope
School: Buffalo
Notification date: 9/3
Method of notification: email
Residency: NYC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 6/10
GPA (science, overall) 3.38, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/30/22/20/nope
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 79K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K