-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**
Started by Glimmer1991
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
he pulls away!School: UDM
Notification date: 11/7
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5
Application complete date: 7/19 i guess
nice handleNumber 4!!
School: Tufts
Notification date: 11/8
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall) 3.52, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/20/20/none
First Interview! (Post December interview)
School: NYU
Notification Date: 11/11
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12/2013
Application complete date: 9/16/2013 (Wrote the DAT)
GPA(science, overall): 3.12, 3.15 (very strong upward trend)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 23/25/25
Interview date: December 2nd (First day for rolling admissions at NYU)
School: NYU
Notification Date: 11/11
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12/2013
Application complete date: 9/16/2013 (Wrote the DAT)
GPA(science, overall): 3.12, 3.15 (very strong upward trend)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 23/25/25
Interview date: December 2nd (First day for rolling admissions at NYU)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming there is no more pre-December interviews for NYU? Or was this date more convenient for you?First Interview! (Post December interview)
School: NYU
Notification Date: 11/11
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12/2013
Application complete date: 9/16/2013 (Wrote the DAT)
GPA(science, overall): 3.12, 3.15 (very strong upward trend)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 23/25/25
Interview date: December 2nd (First day for rolling admissions at NYU)
Well, I completed my application kind of late, because I took the DAT in September. From what I know/understand all the early applicants got pre-december interviews. The admission lady told me December 2nd is the first day of the rolling admission, and I am in a great position. However, I don't know what to expect because I've never been to a dental school interview before. PM me if you have more questions!I'm assuming there is no more pre-December interviews for NYU? Or was this date more convenient for you?
Heard from the last two!
School: Harvard
Notification date: 11/7/13
Method of notification: Phone
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013 (4th batch)
Application complete date: 8/28/2013
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/23/None
School: UCLA
Notification date: 11/8/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013 (4th batch)
Application complete date: 8/30/2013
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/23/None
School: Harvard
Notification date: 11/7/13
Method of notification: Phone
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013 (4th batch)
Application complete date: 8/28/2013
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/23/None
School: UCLA
Notification date: 11/8/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013 (4th batch)
Application complete date: 8/30/2013
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/23/None
Heard from the last two!
School: Harvard
Notification date: 11/7/13
Method of notification: Phone
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013 (4th batch)
Application complete date: 8/28/2013
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/23/None
School: UCLA
Notification date: 11/8/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19/2013 (4th batch)
Application complete date: 8/30/2013
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/23/None
Nice schools. Impressive. Congrats.
hi everyone 🙂 congrats on all the invites!
i'm a DS2 student and started a blog to advise predental students on what it's like in dental school, what to prepare, and tips etc. I just wanted to share some insights on what it was like when I was interviewing and some topics like what you should not bring, what to impress upon the school, what to do post-interview
here's the linkkkk http://intldds.blogspot.com/
if anyone has questions or concerns about dental school i'd be happy to help them out or write a blurb about it
goodluckkkkk guys!
i'm a DS2 student and started a blog to advise predental students on what it's like in dental school, what to prepare, and tips etc. I just wanted to share some insights on what it was like when I was interviewing and some topics like what you should not bring, what to impress upon the school, what to do post-interview
here's the linkkkk http://intldds.blogspot.com/
if anyone has questions or concerns about dental school i'd be happy to help them out or write a blurb about it
goodluckkkkk guys!
Good post - how do you like UDM?hi everyone 🙂 congrats on all the invites!
i'm a DS2 student and started a blog to advise predental students on what it's like in dental school, what to prepare, and tips etc. I just wanted to share some insights on what it was like when I was interviewing and some topics like what you should not bring, what to impress upon the school, what to do post-interview
here's the linkkkk http://intldds.blogspot.com/
if anyone has questions or concerns about dental school i'd be happy to help them out or write a blurb about it
goodluckkkkk guys!
thanks 🙂Good post - how do you like UDM?
the bad news about dental school is that it will eat your life. the good news is that you make hundreds of new friends who are suffering the exact same things with you - so it still makes for a fun time.
UDM is great for clinic - we are in clinical rotations already and learning a lot, way more than in a classroom. although i'm still basically falling asleep in lecture for 5+ hours a day
a
Last edited:
hey wzhu, how are the faculties at UDM? do they throw curve balls on the exam? lol...
also, where do you live ? I was thinking about dearborn but I think its too far? any recommendation on which town is closest and safest at the same time?
I might very well go to this school if I get in dec 2nd.
thanks
UDM is a good choice. the exams are not the toughest and u get plenty of time to write them but they are plentiful (in my first round of midterms i think we had 11 in 5 days ...)
i live downtown detroit. i'd say 80% of the students live in the suburbs but to me the short commute is worth it... and i can nap in between classes
What do you think is an acceptable commute. Is commuting from Farmington Hills too much? Is commuting from Ann Arbor too much? Do you know of anyone who commutes from these two cities?UDM is a good choice. the exams are not the toughest and u get plenty of time to write them but they are plentiful (in my first round of midterms i think we had 11 in 5 days ...)
i live downtown detroit. i'd say 80% of the students live in the suburbs but to me the short commute is worth it... and i can nap in between classes
Interview number 7!
School: Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 11/12/13
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: OOS (AK)
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/26/2013
Application complete date: 09/02/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.5 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/23/21/None
School: Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 11/12/13
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: OOS (AK)
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/26/2013
Application complete date: 09/02/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.5 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/23/21/None
2nd rejection LLU. Shouldn't have applied there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd rejection LLU. Shouldn't have applied there.
I just got one too....rough rejection letter too
"After careful review of your application materials we have determined that you are not competitive at LLUSD for the fall of 2014."
jeeeeez
Strange bc last year I received an post december interview, better gpa and more community hours. Maybe because I'm not a SDA?
Last edited:
School: UNLV
Notification date: 11/12/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date:6 or 7th batch
Application complete date: 8/14/13
GPA (science, overall): (3.4, 3.5)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/19/22/none
finally an interview, but scheduled for post dec in january
Notification date: 11/12/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date:6 or 7th batch
Application complete date: 8/14/13
GPA (science, overall): (3.4, 3.5)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/19/22/none
finally an interview, but scheduled for post dec in january
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/19/13
Application complete date: 08/02/13
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/19/13
Application complete date: 08/02/13
Second interview!
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/09/13
Application complete date: 09/20/13
GPA (science, overall, post-bac): 3.2, 2.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/09/13
Application complete date: 09/20/13
GPA (science, overall, post-bac): 3.2, 2.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none
Rejected from Michigan
Last edited:
Have people been receiving rejection letters after interviewing at a school (is that allowed?), or will all news, good or bad, come on and after December 2?
I believe they can reject post interview before Dec. The only case I've seen so far on SDN is someone getting rejected from ASDOH after their interview.Have people been receiving rejection letters after interviewing at a school (is that allowed?), or will all news, good or bad, come on and after December 2?
Have people been receiving rejection letters after interviewing at a school (is that allowed?), or will all news, good or bad, come on and after December 2?
If you've interviewed pre-Dec, I think most schools won't come to a decision until Dec. Any of the schools I've gone to have directly stated that we'll hear something Dec 2 whether it be an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection.
2nd Interview!
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/14/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/12/13
Application complete date: 07/19/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/24/none
So excited about this one! And so relieved to hear good news from another school after 3.5 months of waiting and only receiving a rejection.
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/14/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/12/13
Application complete date: 07/19/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/24/none
So excited about this one! And so relieved to hear good news from another school after 3.5 months of waiting and only receiving a rejection.
good work, you deserve it2nd Interview!
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/14/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/12/13
Application complete date: 07/19/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/24/none
So excited about this one! And so relieved to hear good news from another school after 3.5 months of waiting and only receiving a rejection.
Last edited:
will see you next week on Nov. 19! good luck with the preparations! flying out tomorrow night from Hawaii 🙂School: Maryland
Notification Date: Oct. 30th
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: July 19th
Submitted secondary: Oct. 11th
Interview scheduled: Nov. 19th
2nd Interview:
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/26/13
Application complete date: 09/23/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.96, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27/23/18/none
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/26/13
Application complete date: 09/23/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.96, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27/23/18/none
2nd Interview:
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/26/13
Application complete date: 09/23/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.96, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27/23/18/none
Those stats are ridiculous, congrats bud.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
to those who asked me about what dental school has been like for me so far, i wrote a little bit about it at http://intldds.blogspot.com
not sure where the best place to post is lol - sorry if it seems like i'm spamming, just trying to ease the anxiety some of you might be having about dental school!
not sure where the best place to post is lol - sorry if it seems like i'm spamming, just trying to ease the anxiety some of you might be having about dental school!
to those who asked me about what dental school has been like for me so far, i wrote a little bit about it at http://intldds.blogspot.com
not sure where the best place to post is lol - sorry if it seems like i'm spamming, just trying to ease the anxiety some of you might be having about dental school!
not sure where the best place to post is lol - sorry if it seems like i'm spamming, just trying to ease the anxiety some of you might be having about dental school!
2nd Interview!
School: Roseman
Notification Date: 11/20
Method of notification: phone
Residency: Nebraska
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12/2013
Application complete date: 9/16/2013
GPA(science, overall): 3.31, 3.39
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 20/19/20
Interview date: November 22
School: Roseman
Notification Date: 11/20
Method of notification: phone
Residency: Nebraska
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12/2013
Application complete date: 9/16/2013
GPA(science, overall): 3.31, 3.39
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 20/19/20
Interview date: November 22
2nd Interview!
School: Roseman
Notification Date: 11/20
Method of notification: phone
Residency: Nebraska
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12/2013
Application complete date: 9/16/2013
GPA(science, overall): 3.31, 3.39
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 20/19/20
Interview date: November 22
That's certainly last minute notice! Either way, congrats! Roseman was by far my favorite interview. They do an amazing job of giving you a feel for their unique program, and the interviewers all seemed really interested in the applicants.
Just go in swinging I suppose!only 2 days in advanced!? Good luck!!
Just go in swinging I suppose!
Best way to do it! Good luck!!! 😀
I just noticed that Nova updated my AADSAS status. God I'm so nervous... 12 more days...
I just noticed that Nova updated my AADSAS status. God I'm so nervous... 12 more days...
Does it say please check back December 2nd?
When did you interview?I just noticed that Nova updated my AADSAS status. God I'm so nervous... 12 more days...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/status-update-for-nova-in-aadsas.967306/
DDS Perez and some other people got their statuses updated and got in on December 3rd!!
The ones whose statuses didn't get updated got rejected/waitlisted..
DDS Perez and some other people got their statuses updated and got in on December 3rd!!
The ones whose statuses didn't get updated got rejected/waitlisted..
YesDoes it say please check back December 2nd?
9/26When did you interview?
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/status-update-for-nova-in-aadsas.967306/
DDS Perez and some other people got their statuses updated and got in on December 3rd!!
The ones whose statuses didn't get updated got rejected/waitlisted..
I really hope that's a good sign!
are you talking about nova?I have a "check back on December 2nd" status update which I'm pretty sure is a rejection...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a check back December 2nd for nebraska, but I don't think that's necessarily indicative of a rejection.
I got rejected from MWU-IL. Snail mail.
Hopefully I'll have better luck on Dec 2nd 🙂
Hopefully I'll have better luck on Dec 2nd 🙂
Its for sure a rejection if you still haven't interview at such school!!I have a "check back on December 2nd" status update which I'm pretty sure is a rejection...
If you did interview, then it could be either rejection/ acceptance/ waitlisted !!
I would not say it's 'for sure a rejection.' No one on here is the admissions committee. You never will know until Dec 1st.Its for sure a rejection if you still haven't interview at such school!!
If you did interview, then it could be either rejection/ acceptance/ waitlisted !!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K