You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**
Started by dunkind
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a letter from USC today stating that my file has completed preliminary review and is still under consideration. Does anyone know what the trend is with USC and when the bulk of their interviews go out? This is the the first school I've heard back from since I submitted my application. I'm getting a bit worried since I haven't heard anything from anyone yet. 😳
i just got my first rejection from UF. I'm kinda confused b/c i just graduated from UF and thought that would be my highest chance.
Do people usually get rejected from their state schools?
my gpa/sgpa is 3.54/3.4
dat pa/aa/ts is 19/20/21
lots of EC's.
I have on the other hand i've gotten interviews from USC, MWU, and Nova so im at least thankful for that.
That is crazy. I wonder why they rejected you? You have an okay gpa and really good dat, I always thought UF interviews almost everybody that is a state resident. Did you have an opportunity to receive a secondary or did they just flat out reject you?
i just got my first rejection from UF. I'm kinda confused b/c i just graduated from UF and thought that would be my highest chance.
Do people usually get rejected from their state schools?
my gpa/sgpa is 3.54/3.4
dat pa/aa/ts is 19/20/21
lots of EC's.
I have on the other hand i've gotten interviews from USC, MWU, and Nova so im at least thankful for that.
Dang that sucks...when did you submit your app.? Same thing happened to a girl I know last cycle...she's at another good school though.
University of Maryland invite today via email 😎
hey bipster, congrats, is this your first cycle applying? asking because im a re-applicant and still waiting to get an interview this year (also a resident). thanks and congrats again. 👍
I got a letter from USC today stating that my file has completed preliminary review and is still under consideration. Does anyone know what the trend is with USC and when the bulk of their interviews go out? This is the the first school I've heard back from since I submitted my application. I'm getting a bit worried since I haven't heard anything from anyone yet. 😳
Hmm when did you submit your AADSAS?
i just got my first rejection from UF. I'm kinda confused b/c i just graduated from UF and thought that would be my highest chance.
Do people usually get rejected from their state schools?
my gpa/sgpa is 3.54/3.4
dat pa/aa/ts is 19/20/21
lots of EC's.
I have on the other hand i've gotten interviews from USC, MWU, and Nova so im at least thankful for that.
Im sorry to hear. Did you receive the news from the mail? email? AADSAS?
I wonder if that means if we didn't get a rejection then that might mean good news for Dec. 1st with UF?
my mailing date was 7/30 and i got the secondary in september. UF is one of those random ass schools. i have a friend who last year got denied from UF but accepted to Upenn. whatever, i wanted to go out of state ether way
Did you interview at UF?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't get why Canadian's apply to the US for dental school. Isn't dental school free in Canada?! 😕
Maybe this is a silly question.... I don't mean to offend any of the Canadian's out there.
Maybe this is a silly question.... I don't mean to offend any of the Canadian's out there.
I don't get why Canadian's apply to the US for dental school. Isn't dental school free in Canada?! 😕
Maybe this is a silly question.... I don't mean to offend any of the Canadian's out there.
It's not free, but it's significantly cheaper. Also, Canadian dental schools have some pretty insane GPA averages.
I don't get why Canadian's apply to the US for dental school. Isn't dental school free in Canada?! 😕
Maybe this is a silly question.... I don't mean to offend any of the Canadian's out there.
If you dont have a 3.75+ you won't get into a canadian dental school.
I don't get why Canadian's apply to the US for dental school. Isn't dental school free in Canada?! 😕
Maybe this is a silly question.... I don't mean to offend any of the Canadian's out there.
May be they like US schools more than the canadian ones. There are some people with 3.9+ gpa and 21+ DAT chose US d-school over Candian d-school.
Plus, NOT all canadian schools are cheap... UBC is insanly expensive, and UWO, U of T are not that cheap.
I don't get why Canadian's apply to the US for dental school. Isn't dental school free in Canada?! 😕
Maybe this is a silly question.... I don't mean to offend any of the Canadian's out there.
There are very few schools and intense competition, you need to have at least a 3.8gpa and a killer dat to even have a chance.
And no its definetly not free although significantly cheaper.
Applying to US schools gives those of us who are really dedicated to dentistry but with only sub-killer stats the chance to chase our dream.
There are very few schools and intense competition, you need to have at least a 3.8gpa and a killer dat to even have a chance.
And no its definetly not free although significantly cheaper.
Applying to US schools gives those of us who are really dedicated to dentistry but with only sub-killer stats the chance to chase our dream.
👍
Agree.
Really don't want to see "why Canadians applying to US dental school?" again
NYU invite today! via e-mail from Dr. Mejia...
NYU invite today! via e-mail from Dr. Mejia...
me too! me too!
Maryland interview invite via email yesterday. Its not til after dec 1st which is a bummer. Hoping for good news in a week!
Congrats! I just got the secondary last week but haven't heard back yet. When did you receive it and when is your interview date?
My school decisions page shows Western with a blank next to it. Did this happen to anyone else?
My school decisions page shows Western with a blank next to it. Did this happen to anyone else?
Same for me. Western and Minnesota. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same for me. Western and Minnesota. 🙁
Maybe a good sign?
me too! me too!
I see you took Dec 17 also - see you there! Do you know where you'll be staying?
My school decisions page shows Western with a blank next to it. Did this happen to anyone else?
Same for me. Western and Minnesota. 🙁
that's really interesting...I read in another post somewhere that last year, some people's status went from "under review" to a blank before the night of Dec 1st. Those blanks later turned into acceptances made. maybe it's a good thing for you guys! 👍
you guys have status updates on your AADSAS from Western? I got a complete e-mail awhile back, but nothing was changed on my AADSAS! did the status update only change after you guys were granted an interview?
you guys have status updates on your AADSAS from Western? I got a complete e-mail awhile back, but nothing was changed on my AADSAS! did the status update only change after you guys were granted an interview?[/QUOTE]
Western was never on AADSAS prior to today when they showed up as a blank. If this was Nov 30th i'd be excited but I wonder what if it means anything by showing up now
Western was never on AADSAS prior to today when they showed up as a blank. If this was Nov 30th i'd be excited but I wonder what if it means anything by showing up now
Western was never on AADSAS prior to today when they showed up as a blank. If this was Nov 30th i'd be excited but I wonder what if it means anything by showing up now
I've got no update... FFFFFFFFFFFFF
no blank update for me on western either 🙁
you guys have status updates on your AADSAS from Western? I got a complete e-mail awhile back, but nothing was changed on my AADSAS! did the status update only change after you guys were granted an interview?
The AADSAS status for Western showed up yesterday.
no blank update for me on western either 🙁
When did you interview at Western?
I interviewed at western on nov 20th and I don't have anything on my aadsas from them😕
I interviewed at western on nov 20th and I don't have anything on my aadsas from them😕
Well, it was only 5 days ago.
In that short time frame, I don't think that they could make a conclusion on your application, send it to AADSAS and have AADSAS process it.
I wouldn't worry 😉
I got a thin letter in the mail from USC the other day. You know what that means. Oh well, I didn't want to live in LA breathing in all that smog anyway 😉
I got a thin letter in the mail from USC the other day. You know what that means. Oh well, I didn't want to live in LA breathing in all that smog anyway 😉
i didn't know USC was one of those schools that sent out those thin letters pre-dec...I haven't heard anything from them...yet
NYU Invite today, best thanksgiving ever!
congrats! what a great thanksgiving gift! i didn't even know offices would send invites on a holiday!
The AADSAS status for Western showed up yesterday.
When did you interview at Western?
I interviewed there on 11/6
i didn't know USC was one of those schools that sent out those thin letters pre-dec...I haven't heard anything from them...yet
Yeah, I guess they do. It was weird, they were silent for so long. Oh well, such is life.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a Temple interview yesterday via email... BUT, I dont know if I should go.... I'm waiting for Dec 1 sooo bad.... "/
Haha...well, they do have sushi 😉
Marquette updated to "received/under review" on my AADSAS finally. I was in the first batch
Marquette updated to "received/under review" on my AADSAS finally. I was in the first batch
Do you know if they done handing out interviews? I still haven't received a rejection letter. 😕
Do you know if they done handing out interviews? I still haven't received a rejection letter. 😕
No idea. I haven't gotten a rejection letter. Has anyone received this AADSAS update recently?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 79K