**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ADSAAS update from Marquette: not good enough for an interview, good enough that I'm not getting rejected - basically, I will remain in limbo until further notification. Lame.

Same as me.

Members don't see this ad.

Application on hold at NJDS. This is pretty much the worst day of my life. :(

Did anyone get a recent interview from them??

Cheesus, cheese-its!! My heart almost fell to the floor when someone called me from UCLA's caller I'd (I had their central number saved from the few times I've been called into/notified from someone at UCLA for a program)...I almost peed myself until the nice lady identified herself as
Someone non-dental related... :/ talk about a major tease!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cheesus, cheese-its!! My heart almost fell to the floor when someone called me from UCLA's caller I'd (I had their central number saved from the few times I've been called into/notified from someone at UCLA for a program)...I almost peed myself until the nice lady identified herself as
Someone non-dental related... :/ talk about a major tease!

r u from ucla??? and did u already have UCLA interview??

Got a call from the director of admissions at marquette dental school offering me a spot in their dental school!!!!

Hopefully whoever is out there waiting on MU will hear back soon~:soexcited:

Got a call from the director of admissions at marquette dental school offering me a spot in their dental school!!!!

hmm you sound like possibly the first official acceptance for 2015 congrats!:confused:

CONGRATS! You're the first acceptance on SND for the 2011 cycle!

:cool::thumbup:

Congrats!!!
I am waiting too....were you blanked at all on AADSAS??

First acceptance should start the Official c/o 2015 thread!

:D

AHHHHHHH! Congrats! R u early in the alphabet? I haven't been waitlisted yet, so still hoping for a call:xf:

Congrats!! Way to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on those of you who are already getting acceptances.

i feel sick and stressed. i only had 2 pre-dec interviews, theres a small chance i might get 1 acceptance tomorrow or an even bigger chance ill get 2 rejections.

EDIT: i just got an interview invite from ASDOH via email :D talk about mood booster

i feel sick and stressed. i only had 2 pre-dec interviews, theres a small chance i might get 1 acceptance tomorrow or an even bigger chance ill get 2 rejections.

I'm in the same position as you with 2 pre-dec interviews.. No point in stressing about something that you can't control. Stay optimistic and hope for the best!! :luck:

You and me both. I had 4 pre-dec interviews and already 2 of those are rejections. Hang in there. All it takes is one acceptance...

HUGE congrats to those accepted!!! :clap: Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for news tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure WVU is still in the stone ages and mails everything. I probably won't hear anything for a couple days. But SO EXCITED for you guys that are making it in!!!!! YAY!!!!!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: You guys earned it!!

Mississippi (UMMC) acceptance via a call from the dean at 4:25 central time! :)

Man!!!! Congrats on the acceptance to UMMC....I want to get in the SO BADLY and they have yet to invite me for an interview. Where did you go to undergrad?

Man!!!! Congrats on the acceptance to UMMC....I want to get in the SO BADLY and they have yet to invite me for an interview. Where did you go to undergrad?
I went to UM for undergrad. Had a 3.52 overall and 3.42 in science. I did a masters in biomedical science program at William Carey University and finished with a 3.7. DAT 19AA/24PAT. Hang in there man! They do give out a second set of interviews in Jan to fill the last 10 or 15 slots.

I went to UM for undergrad. Had a 3.52 overall and 3.42 in science. I did a masters in biomedical science program at William Carey University and finished with a 3.7. DAT 19AA/24PAT. Hang in there man! They do give out a second set of interviews in Jan to fill the last 10 or 15 slots.

Hey thanks so much for the info...I was really counting on UMC to pull through, but my wife lives in Phoenix, AZ and we interviewed out at Loma Linda in October...so I'm hoping like crazy they pull through for me...

I made the alternate list for Indiana!! Received an email just now! :xf:

University of Michigan - October 1 (1st group of interviewees)
UNLV - October 15
OHSU - November 22 (12th interviewee)

Hey I'm applying to Marquette and I did NOT receive any notification on acceptance or denial or waitlist today.
Also AADSAS does NOT show anything under school decisions for Marquette, should I be worried???
Will I get a call, email, or letter?
should I expect denial or hold since I did not hear anything today?

So I just checked my Midwestern account and nothing appeared for AZ but for IL this appeared along with the pre-reqs that i'm missing:

Accepted Student Checklist [ - ]
IL: College of Dental Medicine
Needed
Deposit - $0.00, Due:
Matriculation Agreement
Technical Standards Form

IS THIS GOOD NEWS???!!?!?!? i'm going CRAZY here, please someone tell me!!!!

MN AADSAS status changed from blank to "offer made" a little after 7 am this morning!!! Good luck to all!

NYU email:

"On behalf of our Admissions Office, I would like to advise you that your notification letter has been mailed." WTF it's this a YES or a NO!!!!!

"If you reside in the United States, you should expect to receive your notification letter very soon, within 3-5 days (maybe sooner!). Please allow extra time for the letter to reach you, if you have a current address outside of the country."

I have to wait more!!!! :?

My Marquette status just showed up as wait listed on aadsas, I interviewed in early Nov and I'm a WI resident

yep I got the same thing Schwanz. Im also a wisconsin resident. In addition I am a Marquette senior and I have a strong GPA and DAT score.
I just don't understand.

Do we have a good chance of getting in??

yep I got the same thing Schwanz. Im also a wisconsin resident. In addition I am a Marquette senior and I have a strong GPA and DAT score.
I just don't understand.

Do we have a good chance of getting in??

Who knows, I would guess a lot of WI residents that get accepted end up going because of the lower tuition.

ALL THIS EXCITEMENT. I FALL A sleep at 5am really hard. woke up. My cell in on silent mode. Ah.......... missed 10 class from crazy mom. missed 10 class from the girl. missed 2 calls from the schools, missed a call from the crazy/worried boss. I CALLED THEM BACK. They said did you listen to VM. i said NO. I want to hear it from your mouth. haha.

IN my life i THOUGHT i WOULD NEVER SEE A DAY LIKE THIS. ITS like more happiness than all my bdays combined...

Fin soo happy.

ALL THIS EXCITEMENT. I FALL A sleep at 5am really hard. woke up. My cell in on silent mode. Ah.......... missed 10 class from crazy mom. missed 10 class from the girl. missed 2 calls from the schools, missed a call from the crazy/worried boss. I CALLED THEM BACK. They said did you listen to VM. i said NO. I want to hear it from your mouth. haha.

IN my life i THOUGHT i WOULD NEVER SEE A DAY LIKE THIS. ITS like more happiness than all my bdays combined...

Fin soo happy.

so where did you get in???? congrats

other schools that i have applied to are just not responding or they have not given me any updates. NOTHING. I Guess that's what happens when you apply to big private schools w/ 3K+ applications.

BRO I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy today. I am Just waiting for this person(family member) to pick up my phone. So I can tell them the good news first before anyone in my family.

I thought a day like this IN MY LIFE wouldnt come... haha but.

GOD IS THERE.... haha

Last edited:
As you can see from my previous posts.
i hate giving away my identity on an online form. So i will be more general.

one in my state and one in AZ.

other schools that i have applied to are just not responding or they have not given me any updates. NOTHING. I Guess that's what happens when you apply to big private schools w/ 3K+ applications.

BRO I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy today. I am Just waiting for this person(family member) to pick up my phone. So I can tell them the good news first before anyone in my family.

I thought a day like this IN MY LIFE wouldnt come... haha but.

GOD IS THERE.... haha

congrats to you bro :)

USC appeared on AADSAS as "received/under review". I interviewed but did not receive an acceptance.

Acceptances:

UF
USC
UCONN
U Maryland
U. Colorado
UMKC
NYU

:D:love::D:laugh::love: