**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got Into NYU! Yay!

Members don't see this ad.

10/15- rejected from UW
Got a call from UOP today (12/6) for an interview in January!!!!!

UCLA Interview. Not sure whether to go or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same exact situation. lol

you're in a very nice situation--with multiple acceptances including one from your home state...that's nice! congrats. would you still consider UCLA, buy a plane ticket, and go to the interview now that you've been accepted to some really good schools?

you're in a very nice situation--with multiple acceptances including one from your home state...that's nice! congrats. would you still consider UCLA, buy a plane ticket, and go to the interview now that you've been accepted to some really good schools?

Yeah, my situation is great! And that's why I'm contemplating whether or not to go. Being away from my home state is not an issue for me, I just want to find the best school for me. Since I have the opportunity, I'm doing a little research but I would have to find something that could possibly sway me from my current top choice before I would decide to go. Trust me, I'm tired of interviewing and don't feel like dragging out this process. At this point, I will only interview if I really want to be at that school. Of course I will decide/notify the school as quickly as possible about whether I will be attending!

Yeah, my situation is great! And that's why I'm contemplating whether or not to go. Being away from my home state is not an issue for me, I just want to find the best school for me. Since I have the opportunity, I'm doing a little research but I would have to find something that could possibly sway me from my current top choice before I would decide to go. Trust me, I'm tired of interviewing and don't feel like dragging out this process. At this point, I will only interview if I really want to be at that school. Of course I will decide/notify the school as quickly as possible about whether I will be attending!

:thumbup:

I just got an interview at UCLA. Im super stoked--its my top choice.

Congratulations amcmahon! Also, Maygyver, why are you unsure about going to UCLA?

Congratulations amcmahon! Also, Maygyver, why are you unsure about going to UCLA?

Really just cost-wise. UCLA was actually my #1 going into the application season, but then I was surprised with a Harvard interview. If I get into Harvard, I wouldn't really see a point in going to the UCLA interview and spending ~700 dollars or so.

Really just cost-wise. UCLA was actually my #1 going into the application season, but then I was surprised with a Harvard interview. If I get into Harvard, I wouldn't really see a point in going to the UCLA interview and spending ~700 dollars or so.

Im in the same boat. UCLA invite today, but my heart set on UOP. wassup wit this timing??????????

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was sent in 9-24, and all of these schools say "under review" but nothing else...anyone else in the same boat?
---BU, Tufts, VCU,Temple

Got emails about continuing review from New Jersey, ASDOH, and Buffalo

and nothing at all from west virginia

Anyone have any idea what this means??

Im in the same boat. UCLA invite today, but my heart set on UOP. wassup wit this timing??????????

Got an invite this morning too which I'm super excited about....but heart was set on Columbia. was already looking into housing and everything. sigh, this will be interesting...

EDIT: If any of you who have a date earlier than Jan 21 for UCLA and plan on withdrawing, could you please shoot me a pm beforehand? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
My application was sent in 9-24, and all of these schools say "under review" but nothing else...anyone else in the same boat?
---BU, Tufts, VCU,Temple

Got emails about continuing review from New Jersey, ASDOH, and Buffalo

and nothing at all from west virginia

Anyone have any idea what this means??

Hey, congrats on NYU! I am also still "under review" at the vast majority of the schools. Not sure what this means either? I'm driving myself crazy everyday checking AADSAS and my email every 5 seconds.
Which of those schools is your top choice?

Another non-traditional applicant here rejected by UCSF today. :(

Hey, congrats on NYU! I am also still "under review" at the vast majority of the schools. Not sure what this means either? I'm driving myself crazy everyday checking AADSAS and my email every 5 seconds.
Which of those schools is your top choice?

Hey thanks! UConn is my top choice but I am waitlisted aka 95% rejected :( Of those schools...probably Tufts, or BU

UCSF Invite!! :)

hey congrats! the good thing about interviewing post-dec is that you could find out in a matter of days/weeks! and from what I see on predents a lot of people who interviewed post dec, got in!

i'm jealous of you! but congrats!

random question- are you latina?

For those with recent UCLA invites and have scheduled a date, did you receive the confirmation email yet?

hey congrats! the good thing about interviewing post-dec is that you could find out in a matter of days/weeks! and from what I see on predents a lot of people who interviewed post dec, got in!

i'm jealous of you! but congrats!

random question- are you latina?

How you guess? Lol. They took foooorever but I'm sooo excited. It's my top choice. Just be patient. :xf:

For those with recent UCLA invites and have scheduled a date, did you receive the confirmation email yet?

Nope, I know on the phone she said we would get an email next week some time.

Interview invite to UOP for February 3rd. So STOKED!!!!

Congrats to all those who got in!!!
Hopefully, I'm going to be in the same position as you guys are !!
And Good luck to all those still waiting for acceptances!

Congrats! You will have a wonderful time there. It is truly a unique program.

cost of attendance sucks though :(

Yeah, that is the only thing holding me back from saying I will attend 100% if accepted. It is very hard to say no to 1/2 the total cost by going in state. However, I would love to be accepted and have that decision to make.

Yeah, that is the only thing holding me back from saying I will attend 100% if accepted. It is very hard to say no to 1/2 the total cost by going in state. However, I would love to be accepted and have that decision to make.

thing is my state school is 13K a year cheaper....so its a pretty close call...cant wait to check it out though!! ....and thanks guys

count me in...first rejection....i wasnt gonna pay 700 to fly out...esp after dec 1st

lol, and you received a Harvard invite a few days ago (congrats btw)... it will remain a mystery as to how UCSF selects their ppl...

it will remain a mystery as to how UCSF selects their ppl...

Some say that even the Stig was rejected by UCSF, and that he wasn't even given an interview. All we know is that he is a professional race car driver now...

Some say that even the Stig was rejected by UCSF, and that he wasn't even given an interview. All we know is that he is a professional race car driver now...

Haha yeah. UCSF gave me a generic email suggesting I raise my GPA and DAT. I will get right on that.:p

Haha yeah. UCSF gave me a generic email suggesting I raise my GPA and DAT. I will get right on that.:p

If i were you, i would reply that email with the Harvard invite attached =P just for shi*s and giggles

UMDNJ interview invite!!!! :soexcited::highfive::soexcited:

did those of you who got rejected by UCSF today get an interview there?

ASDOH Interview Invite - declined to go because I'm accepted at Loma Linda
Mississippi Interview Invite - 1/13/11