Official Interview Thread c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoBears1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey is there a thread for the class of 2023 regarding if interview offers have been sent out and to which schools?

Thought I would check! Im sure everyone is anxiously waiting like me!

Congrats on finishing apps!

Members don't see this ad.

No interview invites here (yet..?) but something just occurred to me -- are you guys planning on bringing someone with you when you interview? Family member, SO, etc.? Obviously not to the actual interview, but to the city in which you're interviewing. To previous interviewees, did you bring someone? When you went on tours, were most other kids on their own, or did they have a parent or something?

I'm not sure why I still call students "kids," but, yeah :D

No interview invites here (yet..?) but something just occurred to me -- are you guys planning on bringing someone with you when you interview? Family member, SO, etc.? Obviously not to the actual interview, but to the city in which you're interviewing. To previous interviewees, did you bring someone? When you went on tours, were most other kids on their own, or did they have a parent or something?

My mom came with me to my interview at UMN. At first I thought it'd be weird but it ended up being really nice, we had a lot of down time and it was good to have someone to talk to. Not to mention she had thought of questions and things that I didn't. Obviously she didn't come to the actual interview with me but since it was like a whole-day event it was nice having someone there on your team.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I took my mom to two of my interviews. I took two friends to another one (we road tripped from Pennsylvania to Kansas together), and another friend to Indiana to interview at Purdue. Having someone with you will help keep your nerves calm and also help you explore the area where you may potentially be living! Definitely recommend having someone tag along but I know financially that's not always possible! Most schools welcome your guests during interview functions. Otherwise they just hang out until you're done. :)

I brought my mom with me to all my interviews. She came to the school with me on interview day, which definitely helped me calm down a bit. When I had to go interview, she sat in the waiting area at schools that had one or in a chair in a hallway somewhat nearby at schools without one big holding pen.
And like kcough said, she came up with questions to ask at info sessions that I hadn’t always thought about.
She liked being able to see where I might spend the next four years.

Reactions: 1 user

I went alone to one interview and had my mom at the second interview. I was so glad to have my mom there for my interview. It really helped calm my nerves and while I was interviewing the school did a group session with the family/friends so the weren't just sitting around. If you're able to bring someone I highly recommend it!

For my out of state interview at Missouri I brought my boyfriend along (we actually made it into a road trip to visit my family, so it was pretty nice!). He helped calm my nerves the night before and morning of, and attended the lunch with me. He hung out in the car for my interview and tour (if I had known how long it was going to take I would have taken him to a library or something ). Most other interviewees had family with them for lunch (some people had just a parent, some their whole immediate family), but of course not for the interview or the tour.
We didn't make a lot of time to explore the area since my sister went to school there and I knew a lot about it. Though maybe my boyfriend would've been more open to the possibility of moving if we had... oh well, it all worked out.
I was still in undergrad at UMN when I had my UMN interview, so I went alone and just studied in the down time. I had a friend in the vet school though and we chatted when she was in between classes.

Why “of course not for the tour”??
Oh, now that I think about it I think other people had their families with them but I'm not sure. My boyfriend wasn't really interested in the tour and he was pretty tired, so I didn't make him come with me.

Only interview invite I have received so far is from LMU. I'll be bringing my girlfriend who wants to attend the same school for a different field. Nervous, but excited! Today I'm hoping to get the crappy box I bought at Macy's tailored into a decent suit :|

Does anyone remember the questions they asked, parents asked or that they wished they asked?
When I get an interview (speaking it into existance) I'll be solo.

I've interviewed so far at LMU and have two upcoming interviews, one at Western and the other at Midwestern. I brought my mom/ will bring my mom to these interviews because she always knows the best questions to ask such as living situations, financial aspects, professor availability outside of class, etc

Adding the usual format because none of you are using it :p

I copied from c/o 2022 and literally only changed the year from @Lupin21’s post and added this half of the sentence because I am too lazy to change it. Some schools do not interview, but this is the comprehensive list from that thread. It is nice to have one place for everyone to check interview dates and compare. Cheers and congratulations on your interview!

Please indicate:
-Whether you are an IS or OOS applicant
-The date you were notified
-How you were notified (email, snail mail, phone call, portal)
-Your interview date

EX: Lupin21, OOS/IS, 10/20, e-mail, 1/6/16

Please copy and paste the list from the previous post and add your changes in bold.

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of California - Davis:

Colorado State University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Lincoln Memorial University:

Louisiana State University:

Michigan State University:

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

Mississippi State University:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

University of Pennsylvania:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

Virginia-Maryland Regional College:

Washington State University:

Western University of Health Sciences:

CANADA:

University of Calgary (Alberta):

University of Guelph (Ontario):

University of Montreal (Quebec):

University of Prince Edward Island [Atlantic; AVC] (PEI):

University of Saskatchewan [Western] (Saskatchewan):

UNITED KINGDOM:

Royal Veterinary College (England):

University College Dublin (Ireland):

University of Edinburgh (Scotland):

University of Glasgow (Scotland):

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

Massey University (New Zealand):

University of Melbourne (Australia):

Murdoch University (Australia):

University of Queensland (Australia):

University of Sydney (Australia):

THE ISLANDS:

Ross University (St. Kitts):

St. George's University (Grenada):

St. Matthew's University (Cayman Islands):

Members don't see this ad :)
Adding the usual format because none of you are using it

I copied from c/o 2022 and literally only changed the year from @Lupin21’s post and added this half of the sentence because I am too lazy to change it. Some schools do not interview, but this is the comprehensive list from that thread. It is nice to have one place for everyone to check interview dates and compare. Cheers and congratulations on your interview!

Please indicate:
-Your interview date

Please copy and paste the list from the previous post and add your changes in bold.

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Oregon State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

THE ISLANDS:

Iowa State University isn't doing interviews this year just like last year.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

There shouldn't have been a spot for Iowa State last year.

There shouldn't have been a spot for Iowa State last year.

Yeah. And lupin literally just copied and pasted the list from 2020 to last year’s thread. And I copied that. Word. For. Word. Including her message that some don’t interview anymore. It literally does not matter. Just don’t use it. UGA ALSO doesn’t interview and they’re on the list. That’s why the disclaimer.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone remember the questions they asked, parents asked or that they wished they asked?
When I get an interview (speaking it into existance) I'll be solo.
Just saw you never got any replies to this, I'm an ambassador at K-State so here are some common questions we get:
What housing options are available near the school/average costs/what's the best way to find roommates?
How safe is the area/are there any areas to avoid?
What types of public transportation are available/do you need a car?
Is there a dress code for lectures?
Are lectures typically recorded/is attendance mandatory?
Are there any specific computer requirements?
How to pay for school, find scholarships, loan repayment options, if there's a financial advisor available, etc.
Why current students chose the school, what we like best about it, favorite/least favorite classes, etc.
What things are there to do around town, clubs, extracurriculars, etc.
What job opportunities are available to students?
What opportunities are available during summer (research, study abroad, etc.)?
What is the average daily schedule like, how much free time do you have?
What hands-on experiences are available in first year?
What dual degree programs are available, how to apply, how they're structured, etc.

Looking at the "factors when picking a school" thread might give you some more ideas!

Reactions: 6 users
Just saw you never got any replies to this, I'm an ambassador at K-State so here are some common questions we get:
What housing options are available near the school/average costs/what's the best way to find roommates?
How safe is the area/are there any areas to avoid?
What types of public transportation are available/do you need a car?
Is there a dress code for lectures?
Are lectures typically recorded/is attendance mandatory?
Are there any specific computer requirements?
How to pay for school, find scholarships, loan repayment options, if there's a financial advisor available, etc.
Why current students chose the school, what we like best about it, favorite/least favorite classes, etc.
What things are there to do around town, clubs, extracurriculars, etc.
What job opportunities are available to students?
What opportunities are available during summer (research, study abroad, etc.)?
What is the average daily schedule like, how much free time do you have?
What hands-on experiences are available in first year?
What dual degree programs are available, how to apply, how they're structured, etc.

Looking at the "factors when picking a school" thread might give you some more ideas!
Thank you! I looked thorough that thread as well.

Hey there! No offers yet but after reading some of the past interview questions I noticed a lot of the questions asked were asked/answered either in my supplementary applications or vmcas essays. If asked Do you think it’s okay to talk about the same thing that was in your essays (like biggest mistake or unexpected challenge) or bring up something new?

Hey there! No offers yet but after reading some of the past interview questions I noticed a lot of the questions asked were asked/answered either in my supplementary applications or vmcas essays. If asked Do you think it’s okay to talk about the same thing that was in your essays (like biggest mistake or unexpected challenge) or bring up something new?

That kindof depends on what kind of interview you get- some interviewers will get to see your application ahead of time (I think this is called open book/open file?) and some don't. If they don't get to see your application before the interview then talking about things from your essays isn't a bad idea, as long as it's the best answer to the question. If they do get to see your application ahead of time it may be best to think of something new.
In my experience, in my open-file interview they asked me about certain things in my application, and then asked other questions that I hadn't really addressed in my application, like a time where I was academically challenged and how I adapted. My close-book interview was a behavioral one, so they weren't the same kinds of questions as on an application, but I was able to talk about some of those experiences in that context.

Congratulations to you two! I am a student ambassador for AVC and will be around on the 17th giving tours. If you have any questions prior to interview day, feel free to ask.
Awesome! Thanks!

Congratulations to you two! I am a student ambassador for AVC and will be around on the 17th giving tours. If you have any questions prior to interview day, feel free to ask.
Thank you so much, I am extremely excited!

Does anyone know when Auburn/ University of Tennessee sends out interview invites?

Does anyone know when Auburn/ University of Tennessee sends out interview invites?

I know for OOS they are both mid-December. Last year Auburn was 12/11 and Tennessee was 12/18!

I finished my application back in August, I received notifications from all the school I applied to that they have received everything they need to in the process to then decide if I get an interview. However only 1 school actually told me when they will inform me if I get an interview or not. I was just wondering if anyone has started to receive interview requests, when you got them, and what schools they are from. I am particularly interested in hearing about when UF sends out interview notifications.

Anyone receive invites for Kansas State yet?

I'm just gonna make a big one and update as everything comes in.

WA Resident, First time applicant, traditional.

UNITED STATES:

Midwestern University:

Washington State University: IS, Email and updated in supplemental portal (they say in their email they will send a packet in the mail as well), Notified 11/7/18, Interview 1/17/19

I also applied to Cornell but they don't do interviews (as you all know).

I'm just going to do a big one too since I applied to so many schools.
PA Resident
First time applicant, non traditional

UNITED STATES:

Michigan State:

University of Minnesota:

Kansas State:

LMU:

Colorado State:

University of Georgia:

Midwestern: Interview Waitlisted 10/20/18

Western: Interview Invite 11/7, Interview 11/12

Mississippi State:

I'm just gonna make a big one and update as everything comes in.

WA Resident, First time applicant, traditional.

UNITED STATES:

Midwestern University:

Washington State University: IS, Email and updated in supplemental portal (they say in their email they will send a packet in the mail as well), Notified 11/7/18, Interview 1/17/19

I also applied to Cornell but they don't do interviews (as you all know).

I'm just going to do a big one too since I applied to so many schools.
PA Resident
First time applicant, non traditional

UNITED STATES:

Michigan State:

University of Minnesota:

Kansas State:

LMU:

Colorado State:

University of Georgia:

Midwestern: Interview Waitlisted 10/20/18

Western: Interview Invite 11/7, Interview 11/12

Mississippi State:

The point of the big list is so everyone can see which schools sent out when :p

Reactions: 2 users
Put your usernames with your interviews on the list and keep using the same big list so everyone can see when people have gotten invites for what date!! It gets real confusing when there’s 72 smaller lists thrown throughout the thread!!

Adding the usual format because none of you are using it

Please indicate:
-Your interview date

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Oregon State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

-grebes4lyfe, private school so no IS/OOS, notified 10/23 by email, interviewed 11/5

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

THE ISLANDS:

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The point of the big list is so everyone can see which schools sent out when :p

Put your usernames with your interviews on the list and keep using the same big list so everyone can see when people have gotten invites for what date!! It gets real confusing when there’s 72 smaller lists thrown throughout the thread!!

I guess that's my bad for not understanding what was meant initially. I'll just redo it.

Please indicate:
-Your interview date

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Oregon State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

• danseth, IS, Email 11/7, Interview 1/17/19
  • -grebes4lyfe, private school so no IS/OOS, notified 10/23 by email, interviewed 11/5

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

THE ISLANDS:

****UPDATED TO INCLUDE PREVIOUS PEOPLE*******

I will update the list as the cycle goes on, but this is so far! Hopefully, I'll get to add a few more to this list!

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Kansas State University:

• tru108, OOS, Interview invite received 8/24/18 via email; interviewed 9/24/18

Midwestern University:
  • tru108, private’s school so is/oos doesn’t matter, Interview invite received 10/5/18 via portal; interviewed 10/31/18

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

• -grebes4lyfe, private school so no IS/OOS, notified 10/23 by email, interviewed 11/5
  • tru108, private school but it’s my IS, Interview invite received 10/1/18 via email; interviewed 10/27/18

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

• tru108, international student, Interview invite received 10/21/18 via email; interview scheduled 1/15/19

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

THE ISLANDS:

Last edited:
I will update the list as the cycle goes on, but this is so far! Hopefully, I'll get to add a few more to this list!

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Kansas State University:

Lincoln Memorial University: tru108, OOS, Interview invite received 8/24/18 via email; interviewed 9/24/18

Midwestern University: tru108, private’s school so is/oos doesn’t matter, Interview invite received 10/5/18 via portal; interviewed 10/31/18

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

Western University of Health Sciences: tru108, private school but it’s my IS, Interview invite received 10/1/18 via email; interviewed 10/27/18

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

University of Glasgow (Scotland):tru108, international student, Interview invite received 10/21/18 via email; interview scheduled 1/15/19

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

THE ISLANDS:

Just add your info, don’t delete others

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Kansas State University:

Lincoln Memorial University: tru108, OOS, Interview invite received 8/24/18 via email; interviewed 9/24/18

Midwestern University: tru108, private’s school so is/oos doesn’t matter, Interview invite received 10/5/18 via portal; interviewed 10/31/18

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

Western University of Health Sciences: tru108, private school but it’s my IS, Interview invite received 10/1/18 via email; interviewed 10/27/18

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

University of Glasgow (Scotland):tru108, international student, Interview invite received 10/21/18 via email; interview scheduled 1/15/19

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

THE ISLANDS:

How do you access the Midwestern portal?

I didn’t delete anyone’s info, I deleted and edited my original post to include my information. My apologies for the inconvenience.
All you had to do was take the last list post which I think was danseth? And add all your interviews in bold to what they currently did. So that way it stays in one big giant list. It sounds kind of confusing but if you go back and look at how they did it last year it makes sense. :laugh:

All you had to do was take the last list post which I think was danseth? And add all your interviews in bold to what they currently did. So that way it stays in one big giant list. It sounds kind of confusing but if you go back and look at how they did it last year it makes sense. :laugh:
i did it from my phone, so i couldnt copy and paste. i just went on my computer to fix it.

Thanks for editing! FYI, you can’t copy/paste on your phone but you can still quote it and then just delete the code at the beginning and end of the post that puts it in quote form, and add your changes as needed.

IMG_1837.jpg

So this:
i did it from my phone, so i couldnt copy and paste. i just went on my computer to fix it.

Becomes this:

Only interview invite I have received so far is from LMU. I'll be bringing my girlfriend who wants to attend the same school for a different field. Nervous, but excited! Today I'm hoping to get the crappy box I bought at Macy's tailored into a decent suit :|
I got an interview at LMU also

****UPDATED TO INCLUDE PREVIOUS PEOPLE*******

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Kansas State University:

• amwildlife, private school no IS/OOS, Invite 10/2018; Interview 11/30/2018

Midwestern University:
  • tru108, private’s school so is/oos doesn’t matter, Interview invite received 10/5/18 via portal; interviewed 10/31/18

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

• tru108, private school but it’s my IS, Interview invite received 10/1/18 via email; interviewed 10/27/18

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

• tru108, international student, Interview invite received 10/21/18 via email; interview scheduled 1/15/19

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

THE ISLANDS:

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Kansas State University:

amwildlife, private school no IS/OOS, Invite 10/2018; Interview 11/30/2018
    Coolkorbin, private school so no IS/OOS, Invite 10/2018; Interview 11/30/2018

Midwestern University:

Coolkorbin, private school so no IS/OOS, interview invite received 10/13/18 via email first seen 11/8/18, interview scheduled for 12/12/18
University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

tru108, private school but it’s my IS, Interview invite received 10/1/18 via email; interviewed 10/27/18

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

THE ISLANDS:

Last edited:
UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Kansas State University:

amwildlife, private school no IS/OOS, Invite 10/2018; Interview 11/30/2018
    Coolkorbin, private school so no IS/OOS, Invite 10/2018; Interview 11/30/2018

Midwestern University:

Coolkorbin, private school so no IS/OOS, interview invite received 10/13/18 via email first seen 11/8/18, interview scheduled for 12/12/18
  • cowsarecool, private school so no IS/OOS, interview invite received 9/18/18 via email, interview scheduled for 10/23/18
University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

tru108, private school but it’s my IS, Interview invite received 10/1/18 via email; interviewed 10/27/18
  • cowsarecool, private school so no IS/OOS, interview invite received via email 10/6/18, interview in Pomona 10/27/18

CANADA:

• cowsarecool, international student, interview invite received via email 10/18/18, interview scheduled for 11/17/18 in PEI

UNITED KINGDOM:

• cowsarecool, international student, interview invite received 10/18/18, interview scheduled 11/11/18 in Philadelphia

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND

THE ISLANDS:

• cows are cool, private so no is/oos, interview invite via email for Skype 10/17/18, interview scheduled for 11/28

• cowsarecool, private so no is/oos, interview invite via email for Skype on 9/13, interview scheduled for 9/20/18