Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry bro. Competitive for the area.67 an hour? jesus christ. this sounds like some house call scam crap or something
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sorry bro. Competitive for the area.67 an hour? jesus christ. this sounds like some house call scam crap or something
Rvu should be 50Hey all, just wanted to get your guys’ opinion on an offer I received recently. Just for some background, I completed a fellowship after residency, got a VA job after graduating and got my boards certification after a year out.
Now I’ve been offered a hospital job close to home in a rural part of south Oklahoma. The base pay is 250k for the first yr, then goes to a base draw in yr 2 at 225k with 41/RVU. No call, mixed pathology from DFC to elective recon and some trauma (general orthos there like their ankle fractures). 20k sign on, 15k relocation.
Been reading a lot of the recent posts (which I appreciate), and given the current climate, is this an offer any of you would accept immediately or try to negotiate? And if you tried to negotiate, any insight into what else could be reasonably asked for (salary increase, RVU factor, guaranteed salary, etc)? Appreciate any feedback!
Also how much PTO? or is it you have time off as long as you meet the base draw?Hey all, just wanted to get your guys’ opinion on an offer I received recently. Just for some background, I completed a fellowship after residency, got a VA job after graduating and got my boards certification after a year out.
Now I’ve been offered a hospital job close to home in a rural part of south Oklahoma. The base pay is 250k for the first yr, then goes to a base draw in yr 2 at 225k with 41/RVU. No call, mixed pathology from DFC to elective recon and some trauma (general orthos there like their ankle fractures). 20k sign on, 15k relocation.
Been reading a lot of the recent posts (which I appreciate), and given the current climate, is this an offer any of you would accept immediately or try to negotiate? And if you tried to negotiate, any insight into what else could be reasonably asked for (salary increase, RVU factor, guaranteed salary, etc)? Appreciate any feedback!
This is similar to my first rural hospital contract. RVU is low, I'd ask for 50 and see what them come up with. Throw in some loan repayment tooHey all, just wanted to get your guys’ opinion on an offer I received recently. Just for some background, I completed a fellowship after residency, got a VA job after graduating and got my boards certification after a year out.
Now I’ve been offered a hospital job close to home in a rural part of south Oklahoma. The base pay is 250k for the first yr, then goes to a base draw in yr 2 at 225k with 41/RVU. No call, mixed pathology from DFC to elective recon and some trauma (general orthos there like their ankle fractures). 20k sign on, 15k relocation.
Been reading a lot of the recent posts (which I appreciate), and given the current climate, is this an offer any of you would accept immediately or try to negotiate? And if you tried to negotiate, any insight into what else could be reasonably asked for (salary increase, RVU factor, guaranteed salary, etc)? Appreciate any feedback!
Ask 275 and loan repayment and 50+ rvuCurrent VA pay is 220 so it would be a decent increase.
PTO first year is 26 days, then once it goes to base draw it’s technically unlimited, but obviously have to meet the numbers.
They also give 5000 for CME with 5 days
As for cases, I don’t do a ton of frames, but aside from that I’m doing pretty much everything here at the VA. At the hospital I’ve been told pretty much any foot and ankle path that comes in I’d be able to staff.
I would be the first pod they’ve ever hired, and the only foot and ankle person there. I’d essentially be starting up the department from scratch, which I know will command a lot of time outside of just clinical hrs. I feel like I should be asking for more, just not really sure what would be considered a fair counteroffer
I've started podiatry department at 3:00 or 4 hospitals now I don't even remember... You're not doing brain surgery bro. You're not setting up cardiac rehab or structured physical therapy courses or whatever etc There's not that much work to be done other than a little bit of marketing and education to outside providers and referral sources.Current VA pay is 220 so it would be a decent increase.
PTO first year is 26 days, then once it goes to base draw it’s technically unlimited, but obviously have to meet the numbers.
They also give 5000 for CME with 5 days
As for cases, I don’t do a ton of frames, but aside from that I’m doing pretty much everything here at the VA. At the hospital I’ve been told pretty much any foot and ankle path that comes in I’d be able to staff.
I would be the first pod they’ve ever hired, and the only foot and ankle person there. I’d essentially be starting up the department from scratch, which I know will command a lot of time outside of just clinical hrs. I feel like I should be asking for more, just not really sure what would be considered a fair counteroffer
Only you know how much the close to home part is valued... and what other offers you may or may not have, what other interest the hospital might have, all that. Don't forget that they probably have 95% of the leverage (money, other apps who want the spot, pod is likely just an option to them... not a need for them to have), and that whatever side/party cares less has most of the power. That's probably not you.... I’ve been offered a hospital job close to home in a rural part of south Oklahoma. The base pay is 250k for the first yr, then goes to a base draw in yr 2 at 225k with 41/RVU. No call, mixed pathology from DFC to elective recon and some trauma (general orthos there like their ankle fractures). 20k sign on, 15k relocation. ...
Yeah, RVUs (in hospital setting) are just casino chips, credit card, carnival tickets, whatever... a way to separate people from the actual money figures.What's interesting to me about RVUs is that they
(a) produce a disassociation between actual collections and physician payment ie. the podiatrist E&M fixation game vs the fact that hospitals often make more money from procedures
(b) but they also tie you back to the expectations of compensation for your specialty. ...
I swear it's like we're all too busy turning down employers to post hereAlso this is the job offer thread we are supposed to be posting all of these banger job offers that come across day in and day out
What's the payback on all thpse signing and other bonuses if you leave early346K (initial offer at 320) Base, 45 per RVU up to the base, then 35 per RVU after (yea that sucks).
Large system run, smaller community hospital.
25K signing bonus, 25K (initial 15K) non-productivity bonus; 3k CME and the typical 5 days CME, 30days PTO, 403b, 457, etc.
Would ideally like to get the RVU up to 50 but they don't really want to budge; maybe I could add a retention bonus of 15K per year
Typical DM foot call if around, ortho will be taking the trauma call
Is it a retained base long term? If so then ask yourself how much you need/want to make. If you transition to a production payscale you will want that $/rvu increased because smaller community hospital can mean less production, especially if you aren't getting the easy trauma. It's similar to what my offer was but $/rvu is 52, and the non-productivity bonus is 10% of base salary. If it's an area you want to be then go for it. Someone left the hospital/retired or area pod left or new from scratch? Will take time to build depending on that answer.346K (initial offer at 320) Base, 45 per RVU up to the base, then 35 per RVU after (yea that sucks).
Large system run, smaller community hospital.
25K signing bonus, 25K (initial 15K) non-productivity bonus; 3k CME and the typical 5 days CME, 30days PTO, 403b, 457, etc.
Would ideally like to get the RVU up to 50 but they don't really want to budge; maybe I could add a retention bonus of 15K per year
Typical DM foot call if around, ortho will be taking the trauma call
2 years set base.Is it a retained base long term? If so then ask yourself how much you need/want to make. If you transition to a production payscale you will want that $/rvu increased because smaller community hospital can mean less production, especially if you aren't getting the easy trauma. It's similar to what my offer was but $/rvu is 52, and the non-productivity bonus is 10% of base salary. If it's an area you want to be then go for it. Someone left the hospital/retired or area pod left or new from scratch? Will take time to build depending on that answer.
That's obviously great, obviously it makes no sense to cut your RV used down other than they don't want you to burn yourself out, I would probably try and feel them out on that as in is that what they're trying to accomplish? You don't want to make it look like you don't want to work but obviously they're disincentivizing you to work more..... Everything else is fantastic and no-brainer346K (initial offer at 320) Base, 45 per RVU up to the base, then 35 per RVU after (yea that sucks).
Large system run, smaller community hospital.
25K signing bonus, 25K (initial 15K) non-productivity bonus; 3k CME and the typical 5 days CME, 30days PTO, 403b, 457, etc.
Would ideally like to get the RVU up to 50 but they don't really want to budge; maybe I could add a retention bonus of 15K per year
Typical DM foot call if around, ortho will be taking the trauma call
What's the payback on all thpse signing and other bonuses if you leave early
When do the RVUs kick in
RVU is pure ****. So you have no reason to get busy maybe? Base salary is fantastic though.
How often is DM foot call? What's the match on 403b, if any?
Every location is specific... If there's no competition it literally is just a numbers game. Define smaller community hospital? My hospital has a service area of between 80 to 90k. Only hospital for 40 plus miles. No surgical pods, not foot ankle Ortho. I am on pace for 9500 RVUs my first year without working too hard (minimal Fridays). I am switching to production 6 months in. Bet on yourself, screw a long term base.Is it a retained base long term? If so then ask yourself how much you need/want to make. If you transition to a production payscale you will want that $/rvu increased because smaller community hospital can mean less production, especially if you aren't getting the easy trauma. It's similar to what my offer was but $/rvu is 52, and the non-productivity bonus is 10% of base salary. If it's an area you want to be then go for it. Someone left the hospital/retired or area pod left or new from scratch? Will take time to build depending on that answer.
I’m not saying he shouldn’t pursue more work and try to bonus, quite the opposite hence the move to a higher $/rvu and at the minimum dropping the decreased $/rvu bs. I’m also at a rural hospital of roughly the same size service area, first pod through the hospital so started from scratch, and on pace for 8k rvu first year out. My base is also there without ever going to full production. He’s obviously got a good offer even at face value. Just some other things to consider and shoot the breeze about ya know.Every location is specific... If there's no competition it literally is just a numbers game. Define smaller community hospital? My hospital has a service area of between 80 to 90k. Only hospital for 40 plus miles. No surgical pods, not foot ankle Ortho. I am on pace for 9500 RVUs my first year without working too hard (minimal Fridays). I am switching to production 6 months in. Bet on yourself, screw a long term base.
Edit - no call either....but I do inpatient stuff Ortho punts to me but always have right of refusal. If I say busy can't do they say ok cool, no problem....so not really unpaid call.
Cold calling areas that you want to be in. My last job hunt I just went down the list calling practice after practice. There's random sites like DocCafe and Doximity and stuff that may have a few PODIATRY postings intermittently. You can also sign up for physician recruitment services and maybe a few of them have podiatry postings.Where are PGY-3s looking for jobs? Other than LinkedIn and Indeed, are there any better resources? I am trying to locate to the other side of the country and don't really have contacts there.
What homosapien said.Where are PGY-3s looking for jobs? Other than LinkedIn and Indeed, are there any better resources? I am trying to locate to the other side of the country and don't really have contacts there.
This is the truth.Call every hospital. If they have one Podiatrist....great they like podiatrists maybe they need another. Just like in sales, be smart enough to be dumb enough and just pick up the phone and keep calling . And you are NOT going to get in your exact desires area across the country. Within 100 miles ...consider that a win.
Add podiatryexchange, apma classifieds, podiatrycareers, usajobs, PMNews, etc... VERY few decent postings relative to number of grads.Cold calling areas that you want to be in. My last job hunt I just went down the list calling practice after practice. There's random sites like DocCafe and Doximity and stuff that may have a few PODIATRY postings intermittently. You can also sign up for physician recruitment services and maybe a few of them have podiatry postings.
Good luck and happy hunting, like the Uboats of 1940
Beautiful country but what's the pay? How much surgery can a podiatrist do over there? How limited are they?Podiatrist (Full-Time - Singapore)
Join One of the World's Leading Podiatry Practices
View attachment 407156
www.EastCoastPodiatry.sg
INTRODUCTION
East Coast Podiatry is internationally recognised as one of the world’s foremost group practices in Podiatric medicine. We deliver advanced clinical care to patients from all walks of life, and from across the globe, who travel to Singapore to seek management for lower limb disorders. With clinics located in Kembangan, Orchard, Novena, Bukit Timah, and Marine Parade, we provide comprehensive management of musculoskeletal and soft tissue conditions of the lower limbs.
We are offering a permanent full-time podiatrist position based in Singapore, and we welcome applications from both newly qualified and experienced podiatrists who are passionate about delivering excellence in patient care.
- 5-day work week (between Monday to Saturday)
- Relocation support and travel allowance available
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high-performance clinical environment with global reach
CAREER OVERVIEW
At East Coast Podiatry, we set the standard for Podiatric care in Asia. We welcome driven individuals who have the right mindset, believe in their abilities, and are committed to achieving clinical excellence. Our team is highly competitive and collaborative; we are looking for professionals who are not only skilled, but also thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment.
As part of our team, you will be immersed in a structured environment of continuous professional development, mentorship, and growth. You will work alongside experienced clinicians and a professional management team dedicated to advancing the field of podiatry.
JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Podiatry from a recognised university in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA, or South Africa
- Registered or eligible for registration with bodies such as the UK HCPC, Australian AHPRA, the American Board of Podiatry, or other relevant authorities recognised by the Singapore Ministry of Health
- High level of competence in written and spoken English
- Passion for patient care, excellent teamwork skills, and adaptability to a high-performance environment
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to be part of a prestigious and internationally renowned podiatry team, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Click here to find out more! https://youtu.be/Q4ief0Ya2pU
www.EastCoastPodiatry.sg
I agree... depends on the pay. Still a neat opportunity to have. Thanks for posting, @EastCoastPodiatry.SGBeautiful country but what's the pay? How much surgery can a podiatrist do over there? How limited are they?
Thanks for your interest! I've included the pay range above. Please reach out to us at [email protected] and I'll be happy to furnish you with more details on scope etc.Beautiful country but what's the pay? How much surgery can a podiatrist do over there? How limited are they?
Great! If you're looking for a position here please connect with us at [email protected] 🙂Phuket, I'll move to Singapore.
No.Podiatrist (Full-Time - Singapore)
Join One of the World's Leading Podiatry Practices
View attachment 407192View attachment 407156
www.EastCoastPodiatry.sg
INTRODUCTION
East Coast Podiatry is internationally recognised as one of the world’s foremost group practices in Podiatric medicine. We deliver advanced clinical care to patients from all walks of life, and from across the globe, who travel to Singapore to seek management for lower limb disorders. With clinics located in Kembangan, Orchard, Novena, Bukit Timah, and Marine Parade, we provide comprehensive management of musculoskeletal and soft tissue conditions of the lower limbs.
We are offering a permanent full-time podiatrist position based in Singapore, and we welcome applications from both newly qualified and experienced podiatrists who are passionate about delivering excellence in patient care.
- SGD$7,000/mth to SGD10,000/mth (and up)
- 5-day work week (between Monday to Saturday)
- Relocation support and travel allowance available
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high-performance clinical environment with global reach
CAREER OVERVIEW
At East Coast Podiatry, we set the standard for Podiatric care in Asia. We welcome driven individuals who have the right mindset, believe in their abilities, and are committed to achieving clinical excellence. Our team is highly competitive and collaborative; we are looking for professionals who are not only skilled, but also thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment.
As part of our team, you will be immersed in a structured environment of continuous professional development, mentorship, and growth. You will work alongside experienced clinicians and a professional management team dedicated to advancing the field of podiatry.
JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Podiatry from a recognised university in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA, or South Africa
- Registered or eligible for registration with bodies such as the UK HCPC, Australian AHPRA, the American Board of Podiatry, or other relevant authorities recognised by the Singapore Ministry of Health
- High level of competence in written and spoken English
- Passion for patient care, excellent teamwork skills, and adaptability to a high-performance environment
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to be part of a prestigious and internationally renowned podiatry team, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Click here to find out more! https://youtu.be/Q4ief0Ya2pU
www.EastCoastPodiatry.sg
That was the next thing I was gonna look up.
I looked up the website.That was the next thing I was gonna look up.
Call themSerious question, how do you cold call practices in areas you wanna be in? It just makes me sound like a salesman and I am not a very good one. I don't even know what to say loool
Look through what Airbud did.Is there a good way to get ahold of people in charge who could potentially help create jobs at hospitals like CMO, CEO, department heads? It seems hard to find this info online. Recruiters just don't seem to care unless its a position they is already open. Anyone with success getting ahold of these people please share.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.