***Official NYU C/O 2012 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've lived in nyc my whole life. A great website for figuring out commute time is www.hopstop.com you enter your starting address and your destination and it will show your route (walking, bus or subway whichever you want) and how long it will take at any hour of the day. You can also get it on your cell phone as a text message!

Members don't see this ad.

is anyone thinking about china town?

I guess we could make a list of who has decided to attend so far...

ill go 1st hehe:

musl85
MJM565

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess we could make a list of who has decided to attend so far...

ill go 1st hehe:

musl85

I'm attending! MJM565

I'm also interested in finding housing as close as possible to the school. Keep me in mind for potential roommates.

count me in musl. on the nyu living thread, someone mentioned Stuvesant Town. i think a 5 minute walk to school and 2400 for two bedrooms sounds pretty good.

for all those with their minds set on NYU, was or is NYU your first choice?
what is your standing at the other schools? Did u withdraw from other schools once you heard from NYU?
I got into NYU but still havent heard back from like 9 schools.
Thanx

ok, just copy the list and add your name guys.

so far we have:

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla

what is your standing at the other schools? Did u withdraw from other schools once you heard from NYU?
Thanx

well, it was my 1st choice. I cancelled my last 2 interviews when i got in, and withdrew my other applications. I also got into Tufts so far.

Thanx

I had 3 first choices - UCLA, USC and NYU - then I started reading all of the rumors about USC on SDN so I probably wouldn't have gone there if I got in. Because of the nature of my husband's work we have to live in either LA or NYC so things couldn't have worked out any better!

ok, just copy the list and add your name guys.

so far we have:

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium

I canceled my 3 other interviews after I got NYU acceptance.
Im also waiting to hear from USC, but I am not going to attend there even if I get accepted.

One more in the list
musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain

One more in the list
musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda

also iin the running for roommates

nice, i like how this thread is picking up now.

Members don't see this ad :)
nice, i like how this thread is picking up now.

hehe yea i know, considering we will have the largest class, we should also have the largest thread....:D

Hey goonda, arent you in brooklyn?

One more in the list
musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23

I am in :D

One more in the list
musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23
Ewok1984

is anyone thinking about china town?

hey, I would like to live in Chinatown. I think it would be pretty expensive since it's close the SOHO area. But I can speak Chinese fluently, so I will definitely look around and bargain :)

hey, I would like to live in Chinatown. I think it would be pretty expensive since it's close the SOHO area. But I can speak Chinese fluently, so I will definitely look around and bargain :)

yeah, i think thats one of the places ima look into. i speak vietnamese though.

hehe yea i know, considering we will have the largest class, we should also have the largest thread....:D

Hey goonda, arent you in brooklyn?

yea i am, but i live about an hour and 10 minutes away by train on a good day, so im most likely going to live near nyu for the first 2 years and see how it goes. even if i took a car it would take about 45 minutes with moderate traffic so i'm not really looking forward to that :(

Hey udonzilla, are you vietnamese or do u just speak it? btw, im vietnamese.

Hey udonzilla, are you vietnamese or do u just speak it? btw, im vietnamese.

yeah. i'm vietnamese. I wanna live next to a costco. i think life would be much easier if i do.

yea i am, but i live about an hour and 10 minutes away by train on a good day, so im most likely going to live near nyu for the first 2 years and see how it goes. even if i took a car it would take about 45 minutes with moderate traffic so i'm not really looking forward to that :(

wow, i live in Howard Beach, qns and it takes me 40 min. I use A train, then 4, then 6. Where in Bk are you?

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23
Ewok1984
Hyphae

Hi all =D

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984

Also in the roommate search, want to live close to campus, within walking distance. Waterside towers would be the coolest if I can find two others to share a three bedroom. Still would be cheaper than campus. Or Stuvesant town.

Thanx

NYU was my second choice after UCSF (didn't get in) I canceled a few upcoming interviews and an acceptance to Indiana. The only school I am still waiting for is UNLV, I guess I find out if I get in in a couple of days. The main reason I would consider them is because its a 3 hour drive from home. And it would be 100000 cheaper.
And as for the few schools who haven't contacted me yet, I am not doing them any favors by withdrawing my app.

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984

Also in the roommate search, want to live close to campus, within walking distance. Waterside towers would be the coolest if I can find two others to share a three bedroom. Still would be cheaper than campus. Or Stuvesant town.

hey man, count me in. Living in NYU dorm is my last choice. I am also looking for housing around the school. how much is it per person living in Waterside?

one problem about Chinatown is that it's a bit trashy. I am hoping to find a clean area. I have many viet friends, and I love Phở :D

yeah, i heard china town is ghetto.

so what have you guys done so far after being accepted? Should we be getting a welcome package any time soon? Ive only filled out fafsa. Anything else I should be doing?

so what have you guys done so far after being accepted? Should we be getting a welcome package any time soon? Ive only filled out fafsa. Anything else I should be doing?

i still have to send in the final deposit by 4/1. maybe we get something after we send it in.

I haven't even filled out the fafsa yet. Does anyone know when the deadline is? Does grad school even have a fafsa deadline? I'm going to get my taxes done in the next couple of weeks and then fill it out.

anyone considering living in Queens?

did any one else get a packet since the admissions one?

if i decide to go i'll definately be living in queens

Hey dan, i noticed you were in neuroscience program at QC, did you do any research with the professors. IM working with Dr. Croll now.

Hey dan, i noticed you were in neuroscience program at QC, did you do any research with the professors. IM working with Dr. Croll now.

Croll is awesome!!!!
i worked in a brain cognition lab

Croll is awesome!!!!
i worked in a brain cognition lab

yea she is the best. I have never met a nicer professor. I worked with her when i was in HS and decided to go back while i wait to enter DS.

what school is your #1?

oh yea, did you have Baker for O-Chem1? :eek:

is that snail living in a turbo?

hey man, count me in. Living in NYU dorm is my last choice. I am also looking for housing around the school. how much is it per person living in Waterside?

They have a website with listings. A 3 bedroom was 4400 I think. Its about as expensive as on campus maybe 1000 more a year but you get to live in an amazing high rise. Plus some of the bedrooms are bigger than the others so the rent would be adjustable. And its right next to the water and a 5 min walk to campus.
To the NY people, what do you think of living in Waterside? Assuming you would be willing to pay around 1500 a month.

Are any of you planning on living in the on-campus dorms? Are there any drawbacks to living in those (because I see that many of you are looking for apartments)?

Are any of you planning on living in the on-campus dorms? Are there any drawbacks to living in those (because I see that many of you are looking for apartments)?

welcome tejloo, if u are attending for sure, add yourself to the list :):

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984

is that snail living in a turbo?

=) i think you can say that. cause the turbo looks like and is sometimes called a snail. but you prolly knew that ;)

They are small, you can't have anything bigger than a twin size bed in there. Costs about 1300-1400 a month to have your own room. But, you get to live with a lot of dental students and its real close to campus.

one more suggestion to those you looking to live off-campus. Check out Queens regions especially in Long Island City, Astoria, or Elmhurst. Food expense will definitely be cheaper compare to Manhattan. I have seem many one bed room places going for under $1000 per month on Craig List. The only drawback is that it's about 20-30 min. subway ride to the school depend where you live. But the subway runs in 24/7, so it shouldn't be too bad. :)

one more suggestion to those you looking to live off-campus. Check out Queens regions especially in Long Island City, Astoria, or Elmhurst. Food expense will definitely be cheaper compare to Manhattan. I have seem many one bed room places going for under $1000 per month on Craig List. The only drawback is that it's about 20-30 min. subway ride to the school depend where you live. But the subway runs in 24/7, so it shouldn't be too bad. :)

exactly. Queens is your best bet for pretty, cheap and close. also look into rego park, forest hills those are some other nice queens areas.

exactly. Queens is your best bet for pretty, cheap and close. also look into rego park, forest hills those are some other nice queens areas.

yeah, I looked into Rego Park and Forest Hill. But are they a bit far away from the school? I would love to be close to Manhattan. I am sure there will be a lot partying for us dental students in Manhattan on the weekends :D

yeah, I looked into Rego Park and Forest Hill. But are they a bit far away from the school? I would love to be close to Manhattan. I am sure there will be a lot partying for us dental students in Manhattan on the weekends :D

they have a queens blvd train line that runs through them. It has 2 express trains(the E and F) so that will get you to manhatten in a heartbeat. Keep in mind in the subway system ther are express and local lines.

Added myself to the list :)

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984
tejloo

so nobody on here is living in the on-campus dorms? do we pick our roommate for those or do they assign them to us?