Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I have lost approximately 100 IQ points reading this thread.

C'mon guys...I thought you'd post more interesting stuff. After all, I'm procrastinating from doing charts and if I find THAT more interesting that this thread, someone's in trouble. 😡

:laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The world already ended in 2012.

tumblr_mbqg5q5V6l1riuh2bo1_400.gif
 
I have lost approximately 100 IQ points reading this thread.

C'mon guys...I thought you'd post more interesting stuff. After all, I'm procrastinating from doing charts and if I find THAT more interesting that this thread, someone's in trouble. 😡

Any preference of topic for this more intelligent and interesting discussion you'd like to see? We can see how long it can last before completely drowned out by internet memes [again].
 
Who will win the super bowl next year? I'm rooting for the Packers, but last season didn't give me much hope. Maybe if we kept the injuries down we could make a bid for it. And I like the Patriots staying together.
 
Who will win the super bowl next year? I'm rooting for the Packers, but last season didn't give me much hope. Maybe if we kept the injuries down we could make a bid for it. And I like the Patriots staying together.

Not a fan, but you have to give it to the patriots that even if they don't win it all, they are consistently up there. Theyre the one team that doesn't have the kind of periodic slumps pretty much every other team gets.
 
Who will win the super bowl next year? I'm rooting for the Packers, but last season didn't give me much hope. Maybe if we kept the injuries down we could make a bid for it. And I like the Patriots staying together.

packers are one of my least favorite teams in the league 😀.
 
Who will win the super bowl next year? I'm rooting for the Packers, but last season didn't give me much hope. Maybe if we kept the injuries down we could make a bid for it. And I like the Patriots staying together.

I like this....if they keep a good receiving core and improve a touch on D.

I'm biased as a Pack fan though.
 
Packers are a soft team and haven't won a playoff game since winning the SB. Teams like SF, ATL, SEA all beat the packers and are teams that can compete for a SB
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Packers are a soft team and haven't won a playoff game since winning the SB. Teams like SF, ATL, SEA all beat the packers and are teams that can compete for a SB

I definitely want to see how Kaepernick turns out next season, that should be interesting. He seems less composed to me than RG3 with his new found fame, so I don't know if he'll make it. You think RG3 will be an impact player next season?
 
Packers are a soft team and haven't won a playoff game since winning the SB. Teams like SF, ATL, SEA all beat the packers and are teams that can compete for a SB

And how dare you say that the Seahawks beat the Packers... Don't you remember the replacement ref call?! A travesty!!
 
Holy crap is it really necessary to have another premed football thread

*yawn*

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile
 
So does anyone else watch The Walking Dead?

I'm super into the comics so my enjoyment of the show has been limited by my knowledge of the comic. The prison/governor section in the comic is so much more grim than its currently being depicted.
 
Who will win the super bowl next year? I'm rooting for the Packers, but last season didn't give me much hope. Maybe if we kept the injuries down we could make a bid for it. And I like the Patriots staying together.

The Niners are going to get that 6th ring this time. However, I'm still really bummed that Alex Smith won't be a part of that.
 
Holy crap is it really necessary to have another premed football thread

*yawn*

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

thats why I liked the pre-med lounge subforum idea better. you could actually maintain a particular conversation in seperate threads. here any one topic is likely to get quickly burined by another. But i guess the admins were against it for whatever reason.
 
I'm super into the comics so my enjoyment of the show has been limited by my knowledge of the comic. The prison/governor section in the comic is so much more grim than its currently being depicted.

I havent read the comics but I agree that the Governor situation doesn't seem that bad, so far he has only done one attack that killed just one person.

Also I think they should have spent more time developing the story of Rick seeing Lory. It seems like they spent one episode on it and now he is back to normal Rick.
 
I havent read the comics but I agree that the Governor situation doesn't seem that bad, so far he has only done one attack that killed just one person.

Also I think they should have spent more time developing the story of Rick seeing Lory. It seems like they spent one episode on it and now he is back to normal Rick.

The implication is that he's set out numerous hits to kill people for their supplies and then has people set in death matches. Then, how he reacted with Maggie... ugh. He's a pretty gross dude. But he's way worse in the comics.
 
from now on i will try to give due to each conversation within this thread

-I don't read comics so I dunno what the hell any of that is about

-And yeah, Seattle did not beat the Packers. The Packers did get smoked by SF no question there; but you can't deny A-Rod is an elite QB and if they keep a decent receiving core no team they play will ever have the game "in the bag". I don't know if I would say that they will win the SB, I mean the odds against any one team are pretty long when the season is still so far away.
 
I definitely want to see how Kaepernick turns out next season, that should be interesting. He seems less composed to me than RG3 with his new found fame, so I don't know if he'll make it. You think RG3 will be an impact player next season?

hahah i have a slight man crush on RGIII lol. Actually I went to the SEA vs WAS playoff game this past season the weekend before my interview at GW. That was the game RG3 tore his ACL. I think he's gonna be a super star-- provided he can stay healthy. I also think Russell Wilson is gonna be a great QB too. I wanted my favorite team to draft him last year but SEA did 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The implication is that he's set out numerous hits to kill people for their supplies and then has people set in death matches. Then, how he reacted with Maggie... ugh. He's a pretty gross dude. But he's way worse in the comics.

The comic was a lot darker. That's the worst thing about the show. It seems like they are always backing away from the real darkness of the series.
 
Hmm, in order:

Still haven't seen Walking Dead. I don't really watch TV much before I can get it all at once on Netflix. To be honest, I'm not patient enough to wait a week for an episode, and I'm not organized enough to remember to ever actually find it on TV. Didn't sound like my kind of show in general, but I'll pry give it a shot in a year or so!

As for football...well, I was born in MA to a family of Pats fans, grew up in VA while the Redskins sucked some serious monkey testicles, and recently moved to the Bay area. So, I have to say I'm not as much a football fan as I am a Patriots fan who can settle for the 9rs or skins when NE isn't playing.
The Pats are a solid team and I have a ton of respect for Brady. I think we'll keep Wes, and I definitely think we have a shot at the SB, but then again, I think that every year because they've given me no reason to write them out of the running, ever.
The Niners did well this year, but honestly they had me worried with all the QB shenanigans. I think the SB showed what can happen when a team has the time to research and learn what to expect from Kaep, so I'm not too confident that he can pull it off again next year. I think he had a lot of uncertainty working for him against the D.
The Skins have never been my favorite team, but they've started an overhaul and I'm almost sad that I left VA right before they got together a team I can respect. I like RGIII, I think he's got poise and fire, and unlike Kaepernick, he carried it out confidently and without that cloud of confusion guarding him. I think he'll only refine and pull it together more. Not sure about the SB, but definitely a good season with maybe some SB possibilities.
 
I can't believe this thread has degenerated into a thread about foosball. Now I can contribute approximately nothing.

Yeah, I've now made the single post I will be able to make on the subject, will check back when the topic moves on. I tried to stick to the Walking Dead part, but sadly, I have never seen that show 🙁

Now, if it were about BSG, Friends, Firefly, Weeds, HIMYM, SVU, new Dr. Who, WoWP (yeah, I know, embarrassing), Suits, Fringe, Burn Notice, Gray's, Private Practice, Top Chef, Family Guy, GoT (books, not show, but close enough), Freaks&Geeks, or the first 6 episodes of Glee that I managed to make it through before giving in, I'd be golden; seen all there is to see. I'm (clearly) not very discriminating with my TV show tastes, I'm just never up to date on the ones actually ON TV!

Go Netflix, boo real TV!!
 
im always surprised when I meet people who don't follow football. There are only two seasons in my world-- football season, and the off season
 
im always surprised when I meet people who don't follow football. There are only two seasons in my world-- football season, and the off season
lol... believe me, I wish I knew more about football than I do. I still have superbowl parties though.
Yeah, I've now made the single post I will be able to make on the subject, will check back when the topic moves on. I tried to stick to the Walking Dead part, but sadly, I have never seen that show 🙁

Now, if it were about BSG, Friends, Firefly, Weeds, HIMYM, SVU, new Dr. Who, WoWP (yeah, I know, embarrassing), Suits, Fringe, Burn Notice, Gray's, Private Practice, Top Chef, Family Guy, GoT (books, not show, but close enough), Freaks&Geeks, or the first 6 episodes of Glee that I managed to make it through before giving in, I'd be golden; seen all there is to see. I'm (clearly) not very discriminating with my TV show tastes, I'm just never up to date on the ones actually ON TV!

Go Netflix, boo real TV!!

That's an impressive list... the only shows I watch are The Walking Dead, Dexter, Elementary (surprisingly good) and Survivor. I think I'm going to watch all of The Wire and start The Following before school starts though.
 
lol... believe me, I wish I knew more about football than I do. I still have superbowl parties though.


That's an impressive list... the only shows I watch are The Walking Dead, Dexter, Elementary (surprisingly good) and Survivor. I think I'm going to watch all of The Wire and start The Following before school starts though.

Sadly, it's not my full list. It takes too long to make sure it's complete, though it's nowhere near as extensive as my book list. And I wonder why I only pulled a B+ average in college...
 
im always surprised when I meet people who don't follow football. There are only two seasons in my world-- football season, and the off season

Seriously and what hurts even more is that my Niners lost the superbowl so now I'm going through all the stages of grief without another sport to fall back on to ease my pain 🙁


football is life
 
im always surprised when I meet people who don't follow football. There are only two seasons in my world-- football season, and the off season

Three for me. Football season, basketball season, and the off season 😛

The only time I follow baseball is the week before the playoffs and onwards. And lolhockey.
 
Seriously and what hurts even more is that my Niners lost the superbowl so now I'm going through all the stages of grief without another sport to fall back on to ease my pain 🙁


football is life

Glad I'm not the only football nut 😀. Lol my favorite team is awful so I don't feel bad your niners lost the Super Bowl hahaha. My cousins from the Bay Area are die hard 49ers fans....they were pretty upset
 
Anyone know of any good outbreak/CDC movies like contagion?

Resident Evil
28 Days/Weeks Later
I Am Legend
The Crazies
The Thaw
Yeongasi (Korean)
Carriers
Splinter
Mulberry Street
Pontypool

EDIT: the CDC isn't explicitly included in these movies, and some of the epidemics overlap with zombies
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I've now made the single post I will be able to make on the subject, will check back when the topic moves on. I tried to stick to the Walking Dead part, but sadly, I have never seen that show 🙁

Now, if it were about BSG, Friends, Firefly, Weeds, HIMYM, SVU, new Dr. Who, WoWP (yeah, I know, embarrassing), Suits, Fringe, Burn Notice, Gray's, Private Practice, Top Chef, Family Guy, GoT (books, not show, but close enough), Freaks&Geeks, or the first 6 episodes of Glee that I managed to make it through before giving in, I'd be golden; seen all there is to see. I'm (clearly) not very discriminating with my TV show tastes, I'm just never up to date on the ones actually ON TV!

Go Netflix, boo real TV!!

You don't watch big bang theory or community? you really should.

I had to google wowp to figure out what that stood for. I could understand if you flipped to a channel for background noise, but do you actually sit down and pay attention to it?
 
You don't watch big bang theory or community? you really should.

I had to google wowp to figure out what that stood for. I could understand if you flipped to a channel for background noise, but do you actually sit down and pay attention to it?

I've never heard of Community...I'll look into it!

I watch Big Bang sometimes, but I haven't Netflix-binged it, which is what the list was for. I just don't find the characters that intriguing...kinda have to be in the mood for it.
I don't watch much background TV; I'm either watching it or not, I can't really just zone out in front of it. That's why I prefer Netflix, I think.

And yeah, that's why I left that one as an acronym...it is HIGHLY embarrassing that I've watched all of them, but sometimes you need to turn your brain completely and utterly off. Plus my friend was super into them at the time. There are some redeeming aspects of the show (though they are far, FAR outweighed by the non-redeeming ones), mostly just SG being snarky as hell to everyone ever.

Another semi-embarrassing (different) friend-prompted series I've binged: MLP. Yeah. But at least those viewings were 100% accompanied by drinking games, so it was OK.

I can usually enjoy just about anything as long as it doesn't take itself too seriously. Exceptions to that are Breaking Bad and Arrested Development...everyone thinks I ought to love them and I might, except that they're just so not as good as they're hyped up to be and I can't play along.

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot Scrubs...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sup brahs, I'm in the library studying right now but I'm mirin' this gorgeous premed girl. But I don't know how to approach her. Since she's in the library studying, she probably just wants to focus. Also, I don't want to talk to her about the the class we take together because that = friend zone. Should I lie to her and tell her I got a 45 on the MCAT or something? Should I give her a note and just say right your number down on it?

Help me up brahs and sahs.
 
Sup brahs, I'm in the library studying right now but I'm mirin' this gorgeous premed girl. But I don't know how to approach her. Since she's in the library studying, she probably just wants to focus. Also, I don't want to talk to her about the the class we take together because that = friend zone. Should I lie to her and tell her I got a 45 on the MCAT or something? Should I give her a note and just say right your number down on it?

Help me up brahs and sahs.


??

What do those bolded words mean?

Also spelling error on "right."
 
Sup brahs, I'm in the library studying right now but I'm mirin' this gorgeous premed girl. But I don't know how to approach her. Since she's in the library studying, she probably just wants to focus. Also, I don't want to talk to her about the the class we take together because that = friend zone. Should I lie to her and tell her I got a 45 on the MCAT or something? Should I give her a note and just say right your number down on it?

Help me up brahs and sahs.

you have nothing to lose... by the sounds of your post -- she is out of your league
at this point, if she is at the library studying, and all you have to relate about is a class, you don't have much of a choice on what to talk about
creep into the friend zone, but keep it flirty

lying won't get you far