Official pulmonary critical care 2016-2017 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
24 hours

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we get an email/call or is the only way of knowing by logging on to r3?

Do we get an email/call or is the only way of knowing by logging on to r3?

I think you get an email to the email used to set up NRMP. Not sure if this occurs right at 12 PM, thus logging in may be quicker. Not sure as I am in the same boat.

how do you change your ROL now?

The same way you find out whether your Thank You notes were tasteful or over the top.

Thank you notes???! is it too late for this now? Should I have my PD call someone?

I think my Thank You notes might have been over the top :(

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u8.jpg

Matched at my #1. Will submit anonymous program interview reviews once I get some time

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

from the HemOnc thread. thought it was good enough to re-post here:

Congrats to folks who matched in their desired program.

Just a couple of words for people out there whom we all know exist and are reading this:

1- Folks who are upset about dropping down their list: first, you guys matched and you're in a better position already than the folks in #2 below. It can be frustrating that you did not get what you expected and now maybe your whole plans have changed. Moving to a different city and now spouses have to look for new jobs or do long distance for 3 years...etc. Just take a deep breath and move on. It'll be fine. It's only 3 years and they'll fly by. No matter what program you go to, you'll be just fine. The differences between the programs you interviewed at are likely smaller than what you think. Most likely you will end up liking the program and your new co-fellows. And if you don't, you can spend those 3 years and get the **** out of there.

2- Folks who did not match: I'm really sorry. It sucks. But at least you can still easily have a job (kind of anywhere) and make good cash. If hem/onc is the love of your life, do a little something extra and re-apply. maybe some research or find a hospitalist job on a hematology/BMT floor where you can get to know people and make some connections. If you're not that committed to the specialty or if you think there might be a major flaw in you application that will make your chances of matching very slim, just pass. don't look back. find a nice job that pays well and take care of your family.

Congratulations to everyone who has matched.

Extremely happy with my match result ( Cleveland Clinic, Florida ) !!!