**Official September 9 2016 MCAT Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stgt9202

PO-TAH-TOES
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting one for all my Sept 9 homies!!!
I recently took the MCAT on July 22nd and got my score back and decided that I could do better so I'm here again.

Best of luck and let's show some wonderful support!!

Members don't see this ad.

Another day another dollar. Content review today to study. Waking up early to take the scored tomorrow...

We're at the finish line!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Another day another dollar. Content review today to study. Waking up early to take the scored tomorrow...

We're at the finish line!!!

Taking the scored tomorrow too.

These past 2 days have been a struggle focus wise. I've only put ~6 hours of quality work in both days. I feel like I'm hitting that brick wall hard.

Taking the scored tomorrow too.

These past 2 days have been a struggle focus wise. I've only put ~6 hours of quality work in both days. I feel like I'm hitting that brick wall hard.
totally normal! it's ok you are more prepared than you think!

Members don't see this ad :)
At the mid break portion of the full length scored,

I feel like 122/122 so far lol. C/P was all organic I feel like wtf.. And I ran out of time on cars and had to go quick toward the end. Woke up early to simulate real conditions and I feel like I'm too tired haha.

Ugh. Will update with score when I'm done. Pretty concerning on how I feel like I guessed o everything on C/P lol

also I've come to realize that cars will at least have two bs passages you just have to collect yourself and do your best.

122/123/123/127

idk what to do at this point. i want a 500, but it just doesn't seem possible. usually cars is higher.

122/123/123/127

idk what to do at this point. i want a 500, but it just doesn't seem possible. usually cars is higher.
I think you should just keep studying and working and if you see yourself feeling the same way as today on the real exam, void.

Lol I was waiting for lunch during the 30 min break. But ok hardass
Im being serious because you cant use your phone during the actual exam. So why cant you stimulate the actual test? Trust me it makes a difference. You have to be fully focused and sharp buddy. And dont worry about peoples' opinions here. Just got off SDN until ur exam is over!!

Hey. guys. I have a question on the AAMC scored full length, C/P section, #54. Why does Al get oxidized and Cu gets reduced, instead of the other way around? The correct answer is C and I picked that answer but I was on the fence bn C and A. B and D just don't make sense b/c they charges don't balance.

Hey. guys. I have a question on the AAMC scored full length, C/P section, #54. Why does Al get oxidized and Cu gets reduced, instead of the other way around? The correct answer is C and I picked that answer but I was on the fence bn C and A. B and D just don't make sense b/c they charges don't balance.
taking this exam (again) today! Lol yay one pt for me....jk anyway.. based on the redox half reactions Al is a stronger reducing agent than Cu (it's half reaction E is more negative than Cu)...I would be familiar with the general trend of the half reaction table and knowing what is the strongest reducing agent and the strongest oxidizing agent.
Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
taking this exam (again) today! Lol yay one pt for me....jk anyway.. based on the redox half reactions Al is a stronger reducing agent than Cu (it's half reaction E is more negative than Cu)...I would be familiar with the general trend of the half reaction table and knowing what is the strongest reducing agent and the strongest oxidizing agent.
Good luck everyone!
Hey. Thanks for your reply. But I think this question could have been answered by using the table. Now that I think about it. Memorizing the general trend of Reduction potentials doesn't seem like req'd knowledge. I think I was supposed to deduce that Al3+ is a stronger oxidizing agent than Cu2+ based out of the table. Good luck to u!! I'm taking Thursday completely off. Taking the AAMC sample test again tomorrow and an extra verbal test. I need to go to sleep now. Why am I up at 12:30am?

Hey. Thanks for your reply. But I think this question could have been answered by using the table. Now that I think about it. Memorizing the general trend of Reduction potentials doesn't seem like req'd knowledge. I think I was supposed to deduce that Al3+ is a stronger oxidizing agent than Cu2+ based out of the table. Good luck to u!! I'm taking Thursday completely off. Taking the AAMC sample test again tomorrow and an extra verbal test. I need to go to sleep now. Why am I up at 12:30am?

Good luck to you too! I realized that actually once I took the exam that you just had to look at the table lol I think I would just be familiar with the general trend of the half reaction table since I did see it pop up on one of the practice exams/passage questions (don't remember from which eek)
Going to review today and tomorrow and finish up all the AAMC section bank and question pax questions. So tired yet I see the light guys I see the light.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

what are y'all doing on the last day before the mcat? i did some review today and started second guessing myself and then freaked out haha hopefully i don't freak out too much on the real thing

what are y'all doing on the last day before the mcat? i did some review today and started second guessing myself and then freaked out haha hopefully i don't freak out too much on the real thing

Going to find where the testing center is. Maybe reviewing for a hour or so. Going running. Getting lunch together for tomorrow. Going to bed early

Ill be reviewing all day but first....Starbucks lol have a wonderful day everyone! We're almost done!

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be reviewing today and going to the gym. I am not going over material that I'm still not comfortable with because that's not going to do me any good at this point. Just going to reinforce the topics that I know, go over key equations and write out the amino acids a few more times lol

I got a call saying to be at my exam by 7... Woah there.
yea they do that especially if it's a big center and want to get everyone settled in by 8am...hey if you can start earlier you can get out earlier and begin your post-exam real human life sooner!!

yea they do that especially if it's a big center and want to get everyone settled in by 8am...hey if you can start earlier you can get out earlier and begin your post-exam real human life sooner!!

There's a life besides studying for the mcat?

I feel like I'm crashing. I don't know if I should keep reviewing or just walk away.

I feel like I'm crashing. I don't know if I should keep reviewing or just walk away.

Take a break, go get a good lunch and then see how you are afterwards...don't overdo it today though! It's more important to prepare yourself psychologically today more than anything so ..treat yo'self!

Yo I hope all you reach (but don't overreach ) your optimal arousal tomorrow (MCAT gods I know something now give me a 528)

lol. I hope you all do good as well.

Studying isn't productive today. I've tried. 30-60 more minutes and I'm done!

Just got the call as well. Gonna have to get up REALLY early is a bummer but worth it. By the way, are we allowed to wear a zipper sweatshirt/light cotton jacket? I was planning on wearing layers just in case if it gets cold. What are you all doing?

Just got the call as well. Gonna have to get up REALLY early is a bummer but worth it. By the way, are we allowed to wear a zipper sweatshirt/light cotton jacket? I was planning on wearing layers just in case if it gets cold. What are you all doing?

Im wearing sweatpants and bringing a pullover just in case.

I'm wearing sweat pants and a hoodie. By the way do we need to bring a conformation paper? I forget if I brought one last year or not and no where on AAMC does it say...

I'm wearing sweat pants and a hoodie. By the way do we need to bring a conformation paper? I forget if I brought one last year or not and no where on AAMC does it say...

Nope just make sure to bring a valid form of ID...these people are so organized they've thought of everything to make sure you take this test

Good Luck y'all for tomorrow! I'm so nervous for CARS. Just scared for the exam but haven't prepared at all today... is that bad?? I feel like I will forget everything when I go there....

Also, question to those of you who took the test already: how long does check in and check out take at the Prometric centers for break time? Are we allowed cell phones in the lockers?

Done! So drained but felt like it went ok! Everything comparable to the practice exam except for P/S which was more like the section bank meaning ouch but so glad it's done time to eat drink and more importantly sleep!

Thoughts:

C/P: LOL I'm screwed
Cars: not bad imo
B/B: I really don't know honestly
P/S: More difficult than usual

Did anyone feel as if this exam was a lot easier than a previous one they had taken?? Worried this is going to really depress scores.

Did anyone feel as if this exam was a lot easier than a previous one they had taken?? Worried this is going to really depress scores.

I did but I think it was because I knew to expect a hard exam (from my previous exam) and changed my study habits to prepare better

I did but I think it was because I knew to expect a hard exam (from my previous exam) and changed my study habits to prepare better

Gotcha. Yeah I didn't get to do much studying since my last exam, but felt a little better about it. But I probably did about the same since the last one was harder and this one was easier with the percentiles :/

A lot of props to y'all who have taken it multiple times. It is so draining hopefully I don't have to, but it's the definition of perseverance going through the process all over again. I wish everyone the best of luck, time to live for a little bit lol

First one I took. My c/p was so many equations it ruined me :( unlike the scored and Unscored

Yeah, I feel like the real test is always much different. I felt like c/p was still a little crazy, but the one on August 20th like absolutely blew my mind it was ridiculous. I couldn't recall some of the equations today either :/

did you feel it was a lot easier?

I felt like the c/p was much better (but still marked a lot), CARS had shorter/easier passages, bio was a little harder, and psych/soc was a little harder this time too. But last time I took it a few weeks ago, I was rushing thru c/p and cars like crazy they were so long/complicated.

Yea honestly I feel like doing all the AAMC practice questions either saved me or helped me get through this exam in one piece...also totally agree on the timing...I barely finished on time in C/P last time and today had a good 20 minutes to go back over the ones I marked. Hopefully the curve is to our advantage! Anyway it's not going to help us to dwell on it now let's enjoy this weekend!