*~*~*~* Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2022-2023 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately there isn’t any data (from my understanding) for acceptances for interview month. However, since TMDSAS utilizes the match, it doesn’t matter when you interview (unlike at traditional rolling schools). I have heard plenty of anecdotal stories of late interviewees getting acceptances, and just because you didn’t interview in august doesn’t mean you can’t wow them on interview day. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately there isn’t any data (from my understanding) for acceptances for interview month. However, since TMDSAS utilizes the match, it doesn’t matter when you interview (unlike at traditional rolling schools). I have heard plenty of anecdotal stories of late interviewees getting acceptances, and just because you didn’t interview in august doesn’t mean you can’t wow them on interview day. Good luck!

I understand the Match process isn’t considering rolling admissions until the day of Match onwards, but is this the reality of what goes on behind the scenes? Do TMDSAS schools tend to pick a great majority of their higher match ranking recipients from the earlier months of the application submission/interview pool? Or is there a relatively equal distribution across the entire entire application cycle? I’ve always been told that between a hypothetical pair of applicants with the exact same activities and stats (assuming average-above average stats for matriculants in this case), the one that applied first is more likely to get in than the one that applied later, even if they both interviewed.

Most cases of very late interviewee to matriculant stories that I have come across seem to be more indicative of an outlier and not in tune with the average. I’m sure it’s evident that I’m incredibly nervous heading into Match day 🥲. Just looking for some specific insight to better prepare my hopes

I understand the Match process isn’t considering rolling admissions until the day of Match onwards, but is this the reality of what goes on behind the scenes? Do TMDSAS schools tend to pick a great majority of their higher match ranking recipients from the earlier months of the application submission/interview pool? Or is there a relatively equal distribution across the entire entire application cycle? I’ve always been told that between a hypothetical pair of applicants with the exact same activities and stats (assuming average-above average stats for matriculants in this case), the one that applied first is more likely to get in than the one that applied later, even if they both interviewed.

Most cases of very late interviewee to matriculant stories that I have come across seem to be more indicative of an outlier and not in tune with the average. I’m sure it’s evident that I’m incredibly nervous heading into Match day 🥲. Just looking for some specific insight to better prepare my hopes
I don’t know of any data about interview date correlating with likelihood of admission. If you interviewed, you have a shot, and if you don’t match on March 3 you can have your second chance from a WL

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, just to be sure about the ranking submission. We just press the "Save & Submit Your Preferences" and as long as we get the blue "School preference rank was successfully saved" then we are good and it has been submitted?

Hi guys, just to be sure about the ranking submission. We just press the "Save & Submit Your Preferences" and as long as we get the blue "School preference rank was successfully saved" then we are good and it has been submitted?
That's it!

Take a screen shot to prove to yourself you did it. The list will disappear by Saturday.

Reactions: 1 user
A school randomly disappeared from my list today? Enmed dropped off. I was emailed I would be put on the WL but I was in-state and was under the impression that I still have to rank TAMU

A school randomly disappeared from my list today? Enmed dropped off. I was emailed I would be put on the WL but I was in-state and was under the impression that I still have to rank TAMU
You’d better try calling ASAP

Not sure if i'm just being neurotic or not, but I remember saving my ranking preference a couple days ago. I went back to check just now and on the rank preference screen it just says the deadline has passed. Is that normal or did I **** up and non save my ranks properly?

Not sure if i'm just being neurotic or not, but I remember saving my ranking preference a couple days ago. I went back to check just now and on the rank preference screen it just says the deadline has passed. Is that normal or did I **** up and non save my ranks properly?
It's normal. it says that for everyone

I believe TMDSAS will also email you if you did not save your rankings that you’ll be withdrawn from your schools. Assuming you don’t get that email you’ll be fine.

Out of curiosity, do TMDSAS medical schools see match results before applicants do? Or is everything revealed at the same time at 8 AM on 3/3/23?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can either
1) contact the school to withdraw now, before match ranking deadline
2) don't rank them, because they won't be ranking you.
Same thing happened to me .I declined the interview at a school but it still appeared on my match list. I ranked it last. Will I be penalised in anyway? I have a prematch to my dream school and dont want to lose it.

Same thing happened to me .I declined the interview at a school but it still appeared on my match list. I ranked it last. Will I be penalised in anyway? I have a prematch to my dream school and dont want to lose it.
If you ranked this other school last and your prematch school #1, it will turn out as you wish

Oh ..That is a relief...Thank you so much ....

That's it!

Take a screen shot to prove to yourself you did it. The list will disappear by Saturday.
I clicked 'Save and Submit' but I do not remember if I got the "successfully saved" message. Does this message disappear after a while ? When I logged back in, I didn't see it- Is there any way I can verify if my rank preferences are submitted ?

I clicked 'Save and Submit' but I do not remember if I got the "successfully saved" message. Does this message disappear after a while ? When I logged back in, I didn't see it- Is there any way I can verify if my rank preferences are submitted ?
They disappear after the ranking deadline. No way to verify now. That's why wysdoc said to take a screenshot!

I sent a message on TMDSAS and they confirmed for me that I saved successfully!

Reactions: 5 users
im sure this has already been asked but if someone matches to a school tomorrow, how long does it take to hear something directly from the school? would you get an email later on match day?

im sure this has already been asked but if someone matches to a school tomorrow, how long does it take to hear something directly from the school? would you get an email later on match day?
Usually you do, yes. :woot:
It may be a little longer before they send you more official "on-boarding" instructions but don't worry, the match notification is official.

I saw in last years thread that people who matched got a transcript email at midnight of march day? Should we expect the same? And if we don’t get one does that mean we didn’t match?

I saw in last years thread that people who matched got a transcript email at midnight of march day? Should we expect the same? And if we don’t get one does that mean we didn’t match?
This was an error/glitch because not everyone who received the email ended up matching. I read on reddit that it may have been TCOM that messed up because those who got the transcript email but didn’t match had all interviewed at TCOM, but all just speculation.

Reactions: 2 users
no, the official match notification on Friday morning is what means something

If you don't match, what does that look like? Do the schools you interviewed at show up again but with a status of "waitlist"?

If you don't match, what does that look like? Do the schools you interviewed at show up again but with a status of "waitlist"?
If you don’t match, the message you see in your TMDSAS portal will be, simply, “no match.”
After Match Day there won’t be any more TMDSAS portal updates unless they are asking you to send a transcript.

Watch your email for messages from schools where you interviewed to see if they will put you on their WL. If they offer you that, reply and say “yes I would like to be on your WL and I would be a good addition to your class because…(insert reasons here).
These WL messages will not be instant.

Nobody can get into a WL at a school where they didn’t interview.

Good luck tomorrow, and all y’all I will answer questions that don’t require me to predict the future!

Reactions: 4 users
If you don’t match, the message you see in your TMDSAS portal will be, simply, “no match.”
After Match Day there won’t be any more TMDSAS portal updates unless they are asking you to send a transcript.

Watch your email for messages from schools where you interviewed to see if they will put you on their WL. If they offer you that, reply and say “yes I would like to be on your WL and I would be a good addition to your class because…(insert reasons here).
These WL messages will not be instant.

Nobody can get into a WL at a school where they didn’t interview.

Good luck tomorrow, and all y’all I will answer questions that don’t require me to predict the future!
Appreciate all of your help! I’m feeling so silly and confused. I thought that everyone was automatically waitlisted at any school they ranked higher than the one they matched at. Is this not right?

Appreciate all of your help! I’m feeling so silly and confused. I thought that everyone was automatically waitlisted at any school they ranked higher than the one they matched at. Is this not right?

Some schools automatically waitlist. Some will only take a certain number for their waitlist. This info for each school should be visible if you have MSAR.

All future doctors should get used to the concept that there is not one answer that is true for all circumstances...

Some of the TMDSAS schools only form a small, limited WL, others add everyone who interviewed but matched lower or did not match to a WL.

That is why I recommended that you all check your emails.

Class dismissed :)

All future doctors should get used to the concept that there is not one answer that is true for all circumstances...

Some of the TMDSAS schools only form a small, limited WL, others add everyone who interviewed but matched lower or did not match to a WL.

That is why I recommended that you all check your emails.

Class dismissed :)
I have been educated! Thanks!

giphy.gif

Good luck y’all. only 12 more hours…

Received the Your Transcripts are Now Required email at shortly after midnight. Wondering if this was sent to all?

Received the Your Transcripts are Now Required email at shortly after midnight. Wondering if this was sent to all?
Nope. I didn’t get one. I didn’t prematch either . Sucks :/

Does anyone know if tmdsas sends another email regarding transcripts if the applicant received an email earlier when they prematched? I was fortunate to receive a prematch much earlier during the cycle, but have not sent in my transcript bc I wasn’t sure at the time if I would take extra classes at CC.

Does anyone know if tmdsas sends another email regarding transcripts if the applicant received an email earlier when they prematched? I was fortunate to receive a prematch much earlier during the cycle, but have not sent in my transcript bc I wasn’t sure at the time if I would take extra classes at CC.
They only send that one to my knowledge

Let's do some icebreakers for the last hour lol.

What is the biggest thing y'all are looking forward to in MS1?

Let's do some icebreakers for the last hour lol.

What is the biggest thing y'all are looking forward to in MS1?

As weird as it sounds I am so ready to be in the classroom again. I feel like the last few years I have missed learning about the subjects that I feel passionate about. Now of course I watch videos/read articles/etc. now, but being able to get back into the classroom excites me.

But I’m sure that’ll fade really quick once the first exams come

Reactions: 3 users
As weird as it sounds I am so ready to be in the classroom again. I feel like the last few years I have missed learning about the subjects that I feel passionate about. Now of course I watch videos/read articles/etc. now, but being able to get back into the classroom excites me.

But I’m sure that’ll fade really quick once the first exams come
I completely get what you mean. Prereqs were a slog but I really enjoyed them (yep even orgo) because I just liked the process of *learning* again. A lot of us are non-trad and I suspect the pursuit of knowledge is definitely something that has drawn many of us to go back to school.

I completely get what you mean. Prereqs were a slog but I really enjoyed them (yep even orgo) because I just liked the process of *learning* again. A lot of us are non-trad and I suspect the pursuit of knowledge is definitely something that has drawn many of us to go back to school.
I am excited to finally be learning everything that I actually need to know. Throughout undergrad and now grad school, while of course a lot of this material is necessary, everybody has to take classes that don't relate to medicine. I am just ready for everything to finally be pertinent

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
is it still possible to match if you didn’t receive the transcript request email last night? 😕
That email doesnt officially signify anything. The only way to know is here in less than an hour

(Oops, also just realized I posted my icebreaker here instead of the Repub of Texas thread where it should belong, don't want to clutter up this thread so moving over there!)

Following the Match, is accepting the offer of admission and paying the deposit in the AMP portal just so you can reserve your seat in the class, or does that preclude you from being able to accept offers from schools you may be on the waitlist for?

Following the Match, is accepting the offer of admission and paying the deposit in the AMP portal just so you can reserve your seat in the class, or does that preclude you from being able to accept offers from schools you may be on the waitlist for?
Right now, this is your school.
Yes you can withdraw later if you move over to a WL offer from another school.

Even if we already sent our transcripts to TMDSAS, are we supposed to now send transcripts directly to the school we’ve matched at?

Even if we already sent our transcripts to TMDSAS, are we supposed to now send transcripts directly to the school we’ve matched at?
Each school will want them, yes, but wait until they send you an email with instructions for all the things they want you to do and exactly where to send them. Congratulations on a match!

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.