Official Touro Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Had a skype interview on 3/1, got waitlisted three weeks later, and got accepted last week. While I really wanted to go to Touro, I ultimately decided against it. Withdrew my acceptance today, good luck to you all on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Had a skype interview on 3/1, got waitlisted three weeks later, and got accepted last week. While I really wanted to go to Touro, I ultimately decided against it. Withdrew my acceptance today, good luck to you all on the waitlist!
smh i really don't understand how a dental school can have a Skype interview...

Make more sense to me than paying a lot of money to fly, get a hotel and expenses for an interview... especially since there's a school that gives you a video interview while you are there...
I agree there is added value in seeing the school first hand, but unless it's an MMI format it can be done by Skype...

Members don't see this ad :)

It was a skype interview because they had officially concluded their interview process by that time. I was still given the option to come see the campus after the interview.

I interviewed here last cycle. Officially got a no from the waitlist today but I'm reapplying! The way they sold the school was great, I'm curious to see the progress that they have made on fulfilling the promises they made.

For this year did got accepted to Touro for class of 2021. If so can anyone help give tips and heads up as far as what kind of questions were asked?

Don't stress too much about it. It depends on the interviewer, but my interview last year was one on one with one of the faculty members and lasted about 30-35 min. The guy who interviewed me just wanted to get to know me, but it was more conversational. He had my file and asked me questions off my application which he read before I came in. I didn't have any hard questions but just know your application really well.

What kind of questions were you asked ?? If you please help a sista out !

If any female wants to share a room with me on December 14th let me know :) it's going to be very close to the school and I'll give you my contact so we can work out the details!

Hey !! What kind of questions were asked for an interview ? And what should we expect ? If you can please help us out.. I have an interview this week and I'm nervous

For the most part, the interviewer read every detailed part of my application. The whole time, my interviewer knew who I was on paper but wanted to know what type of personality I had. He was a great listener and took down notes while I was talking for 35-40 minutes. Most one-on-one interviews last about 20-30 minutes. They will ask a few of the basic interview questions: why dentistry? What are your hobbies? who inspired you to be a dentist?

What made my interview successful was:
1. After the basic interview questions, I did NOT continue the conversation in a Q n' A format. I changed the atmosphere/attitude of the conversation to more casual. You do not want to talk about academics, because you have limited time in expressing who you are as an unique individual. The ADCOMS and interviewer already know you are smart and/or hard working.

2. The ability to take over the conversation, not interrupt the interview when he speaks, is an important aspect of communication. You want to show you are comfortable in starting a new idea or building upon an existing one. It will also show your maturity as a leader.

3. Ask questions about the program that was not previously mentioned in the tour, impressions day, and open house. Maybe you did your research and you found an obscure document on the school's website. However, you still have questions pertaining to what the document stated.

4. I wore the same outfit as my interviewer? The interviewer pointed that out and I said great minds think alike and he chuckled. Make the interviewer laugh/cry like how you would in a conversation with a friend.

Good Luck on your interview,
DOC YANKEM

Edit: Always send a short thank you letter to your interviewer. If the interviewer did not provide his or her email address, then you can send it to [email protected] and put your interviewer's name in the subject line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi thank you for getting back to me and congrats !!! I really appreciate it. I should've been a little more clear -- I was referring to pharmacy program

For the most part, the interviewer read every detailed part of my application. The whole time, my interviewer knew who I was on paper but wanted to know what type of personality I had. He was a great listener and took down notes while I was talking for 35-40 minutes. Most one-on-one interviews last about 20-30 minutes. They will ask a few of the basic interview questions: why dentistry? What are your hobbies? who inspired you to be a dentist?

What made my interview successful was:
1. After the basic interview questions, I did NOT continue the conversation in a Q n' A format. I changed the atmosphere/attitude of the conversation to more casual. You do not want to talk about academics, because you have limited time in expressing who you are as an unique individual. The ADCOMS and interviewer already know you are smart and/or hard working.

2. The ability to take over the conversation, not interrupt the interview when he speaks, is an important aspect of communication. You want to show you are comfortable in starting a new idea or building upon an existing one. It will also show your maturity as a leader.

3. Ask questions about the program that was not previously mentioned in the tour, impressions day, and open house. Maybe you did your research and you found an obscure document on the school's website. However, you still have questions pertaining to what the document stated.

4. I wore the same outfit as my interviewer? The interviewer pointed that out and I said great minds think alike and he chuckled. Make the interviewer laugh/cry like how you would in a conversation with a friend.

Good Luck on your interview,
DOC YANKEM

Edit: Always send a short thank you letter to your interviewer. If the interviewer did not provide his or her email address, then you can send it to [email protected] and put your interviewer's name in the subject line.
i th

This is the Dental Forums section. You should try the Pharmacy section of SDN.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just need one pair honestly; Just wash it. You'll only use it for lab which is twice a week

Scrubs are supposed to be worn to every class, basically 5 days a week. We've just implemented "casual Fridays" when you don't have to wear scrubs, imo it's easier to just wear scrubs Friday as well.

Honestly you could get away with a limited amount of scrubs, since you can just wear them over normal clothes and change out of them right after class. However, you'll definitely want a backup set at least and you're going to need more eventually when you start working in the clinic.

wait this is the DO forum or the Dental Forum. I'm in the DO program. My bad, if this is the Dental forum

The usmle in your username was a dead give away. ;)

I believe I had two faculty, and 1 dentist. It depends mostly on the content of letters.

Does anyone know if they accept Canadians? Hard to find any information as it is a new school, they accept the Canadian DAT but that doesn't mean much these days. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if they accept Canadians? Hard to find any information as it is a new school, they accept the Canadian DAT but that doesn't mean much these days. Thanks in advance.
I'm certain they do.

I'm certain they do.
Thanks for the input! Would you mind elaborating a bit, because I've heard conflicting reports. And looking at the acceptance numbers they reported last year no Canadians were accepted.

Thanks for the input! Would you mind elaborating a bit, because I've heard conflicting reports. And looking at the acceptance numbers they reported last year no Canadians were accepted.
Yes one of my 2021 classmates is from Canada and will be attending the school. Im not sure of the statistics, I just know that they're accepted.

Hey guys, does the school actually look like this? o_O

Touro_Nursing_5327_18th_Av_jeh.jpg

Well that came up when I googled the school :whistle:
Lolol yeah last cycle, people were worried that touro was a really dingy school too. But that building you found says that it's the nursing school

If you Google "touro college of dental medicine"
There'll be a couple of pictures of a big shiny glass building! That's the one!