***OFFICIAL UCLA 2007 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:cool: Why does it seem like all of the cool kids are going to LA?

Members don't see this ad.

:cool: Why does it seem like all of the cool kids are going to LA?

That's because the cool kids get rejected by Harvard but get into UCLA. Just got my letter yesterday...a little disappointed but that's just my vanity talking because I could never live in Boston anyway. I promise I only wept for 4 hours, not 5.

Members don't see this ad :)
so are you gonna join us? cool kid :D

That's because the cool kids get rejected by Harvard but get into UCLA. Just got my letter yesterday...a little disappointed but that's just my vanity talking because I could never live in Boston anyway. I promise I only wept for 4 hours, not 5.

Aww, I appreciate the cool kid comment. Means the world...sniff, tear. :rolleyes: Harvard shmarvard, life, you know you are gonna be happy in LA. They are too good for scholarships anyways, and the dogs would be cold. I am having just a tad bit of trouble making up my mind, but promise to keep you guys posted. Congrats on your acceptances and decisions!

Aww, I appreciate the cool kid comment. Means the world...sniff, tear. :rolleyes: Harvard shmarvard, life, you know you are gonna be happy in LA. They are too good for scholarships anyways, and the dogs would be cold. I am having just a tad bit of trouble making up my mind, but promise to keep you guys posted. Congrats on your acceptances and decisions!

I will tell you that I don't envy the decision you have to make (as lucky as you are to be in that position to have the choice)...very hard decision. Good luck! UCLA rules...you want to come to LA,, you want to come to LA, you want to come to LA....

A MESSGE FOR THE UCLA FOLKS

please stay away from my girl out there. I'll no longer be in CA for the next four years. So i know i'll lose some control, but woe to that dude...

Columbia or UPenn Dental Medicine Class of 2011

please stay away from my girl out there. I'll no longer be in CA for the next four years. So i know i'll lose some control, but woe to that dude...

First, is your girl pretty ;)? Second...that is a very disturbing profile picture...

Send us a picture so we know who to "look after"... :smuggrin:

Some questions for current UCLA students or anyone who knows...Does UCLA have summers? what kind of and how long are our breaks? and is class 8-5 everyday? thanx.

Some questions for current UCLA students or anyone who knows...Does UCLA have summers? what kind of and how long are our breaks? and is class 8-5 everyday? thanx.

We don't get summers off. We get about two weeks off for Christmas, one week for Spring break, about three weeks in June, and three weeks in September.

You can find class schedules here: http://uclasod.dent.ucla.edu/scripts/publish/webevent.pl?cmd=opencal&cal=cal2

Use the pull-down "category" tab at the top right of the page to select which year of dental school you're looking up. The first two years are pretty rigorous, but I never felt overwhelmed with the courseload.

Count me in!!

Dr. Sanders called me today to tell me the great news!!
I am sooooo happy to continue being a Bruin!!:D

Count me in!!

update:
UCLA Class of 2011
----------------------------
1) envision
2) confusedone
3) lifeisgood
4) emioboy
5) NVgirl
6) Pilot Mike
7) DDSWannaBe2007
8) socalpredent
9) dentridude
10) Sly Wolf
11) jendent
12) sgdorfl90
13) kaydewd
14) Snahster
15) aranjuez
16) sedent
17) digdig
18) nate28
19) icepinkish
20) ryan85
21) mdj337
22) foreverl05
23) =)
24) maggiebear
25) TheBestDoctor
26) dentstd
27) blackqueen

27/88=30.6%

Done ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Count me in!!

wow another UCLA undergrad joining the class? :D

congrats Blackqueen!:thumbup:

We've all been talking about doing something to meet our future classmates.....so I will take the initiative and attempt to get something going.

How does March 24th sound? It's a Saturday (night preferably, unless you guys are into beers for breakfast). I live in San Clemente which is about as Southern Orange County as it gets but I will meet anywhere up to LA. Why don't we get some feedback from some of you on where to meet and who is in.

Okay......GO!

i'm in. how about we meet up for drinks or something in westwood?

Ok guys, I just sent my deposit in. Count me in!

There are 2 main bars right near campus, 1) O'sheas (formerly Maloney's) too loud to hold a decent conversation 2) Brew Co. That one is more open and better if you want to talk to people. Count me in if its on a weekend.

There are 2 main bars right near campus, 1) O'sheas (formerly Maloney's) too loud to hold a decent conversation 2) Brew Co. That one is more open and better if you want to talk to people. Count me in if its on a weekend.

My favorite place around Westwood is Cabo Cantina off Wilshire. Happy hour 7 days a week and 2 for 1 margaritas.

update:
UCLA Class of 2011
----------------------------
1) envision
2) confusedone
3) lifeisgood
4) emioboy
5) NVgirl
6) Pilot Mike
7) DDSWannaBe2007
8) socalpredent
9) dentridude
10) Sly Wolf
11) jendent
12) sgdorfl90
13) kaydewd
14) Snahster
15) aranjuez
16) sedent
17) digdig
18) nate28
19) icepinkish
20) ryan85
21) mdj337
22) foreverl05
23) =)
24) maggiebear
25) TheBestDoctor
26) dentstd
27) blackqueen
28) rasheedwallace
29) 4815162342LoSt

29/88 = 32.95%

Anyone know if this is more or less than the 2010 class?

Progress, ideas...I like it. Westwood seems appropriate and a fine idea. Shall we set a tenative date of March 24th or 31st, Saturday night? Now all we have to do is find a place and get everyone on board. If I know how many I would be happy to arrange something.

People post if you are in and keep a running tally similar to the class list and put your preferred date. I will start.

Going to the March 31 Soiree in Westwood, CA

1) Lifeisgood (24th or 31st)
2) Your name could be here

i think those two weekends are pretty good for those of us who are still in school because the UC's are on spring break during that week.

also, does any one remember any thing about the joint programs from the interview. like when we have to apply or how much longer the program takes. all the website says is:

"Students who enroll in the DDS program may also apply to combine this degree with a Masters or PhD program in Oral Biology or MBA from the Anderson School at UCLA. The student must apply and be accepted to each program independently."

Hi everyone!
I just registered with the site. Congrats to everyone who's in already! I was wondering how much advanced noticed did UCLA give you before your interview. I'm teaching in France right now and I just got an interview in California that I'll have to fly back for. I can choose from a few interview dates, but will it affect my chances to choose a date that is one or two weeks later than the others. I also want to leave room for flexibility in case I get an interview from UCLA or other California schools. Any suggestions? The things is that I have to come back to France to finish my contract so I'm trying to group all my interviews around the same time frame. Thanks for any advice!

Progress, ideas...I like it. Westwood seems appropriate and a fine idea. Shall we set a tenative date of March 24th or 31st, Saturday night? Now all we have to do is find a place and get everyone on board. If I know how many I would be happy to arrange something.

People post if you are in and keep a running tally similar to the class list and put your preferred date. I will start.

Going to the March 31 Soiree in Westwood, CA

2) envision (24th or 31st)

Hi everyone!
I just registered with the site. Congrats to everyone who's in already! I was wondering how much advanced noticed did UCLA give you before your interview. I'm teaching in France right now and I just got an interview in California that I'll have to fly back for. I can choose from a few interview dates, but will it affect my chances to choose a date that is one or two weeks later than the others. I also want to leave room for flexibility in case I get an interview from UCLA or other California schools. Any suggestions? The things is that I have to come back to France to finish my contract so I'm trying to group all my interviews around the same time frame. Thanks for any advice!

UCLA e-mailed me 2 weeks before the interview. will it affect your chance by picking a date 1 or 2 weeks later? I would think yes, as it is sort of late in the cycle already, but you should call the school to find out. Good luck.

... I can choose from a few interview dates, but will it affect my chances to choose a date that is one or two weeks later than the others.
Yes, I believe it will.

...I also want to leave room for flexibility in case I get an interview from UCLA or other California schools. Any suggestions? The things is that I have to come back to France to finish my contract so I'm trying to group all my interviews around the same time frame. Thanks for any advice!

Call the schools and tell them about your situation.

P.S. Finally, I found a new way to do amalgam filling. YEAYYYYYYYY - Super excited :clap:

Hey people,

Haven't posted on the forums in a while, but it's great to see that a lot of you have found out about getting into UCLA.

High five, people!

aranjuez (just for old times' sake, lifeisgood)

hi,
Hey, how'd you meet so many 'sc students? Yeah, Dean Slavkin is a really nice guy. It's amazing to always hear him speak, he truly sounds sincere and caring. I can't believe that we're done w/one semester. Do you guys get summers off?? Good luck w/everything.

Hello Mysteree,
So far so good. I love the faculty and my classmates. I've learned quite a lot. Everything looks gr8. How are you? How is your 1st yr? I met at least 20 USC students ~2-3 months ago. I also met the dean of USC. He is a great dean. He cares so much about dental students and the future of dentistry.
Keep in touch

hi,
Hey, how'd you meet so many 'sc students? Yeah, Dean Slavkin is a really nice guy. It's amazing to always hear him speak, he truly sounds sincere and caring. I can't believe that we're done w/one semester. Do you guys get summers off?? Good luck w/everything.

no summers off but apparently summer quarters are easy. Almost done with 2nd quarter :) Good luck with everything & keep in touch

Are Envision & I the only ones going???

Going to the March 24th or 31st Soiree in Westwood, CA

I'm in

3) Pilot Mike (24th or 31st)

Are Envision & I the only ones going???

Haha...hell lets just meet up at SOS then :laugh:.

I'm down

3) Pilot Mike (24th or 31st)
4) ConfusedOne (24th or 31st)

What are we supposed to be doing for fin aid? I submitted FAFSA, now what?

What are we supposed to be doing for fin aid? I submitted FAFSA, now what?

Noemi said they'l send us a packet sometime in april or may. till then? relax and enjoy your time before dental school ;).

P.S. Finally, I found a new way to do amalgam filling. YEAYYYYYYYY - Super excited :clap:

lol, yea, go slowly. It's like a 9 or 10 minute working time. And carve *away* from the marginal ridge. ;)

So, uh, who are you in the 1st year class? :)

Hey Guys!
When are we meeting? I can make it any weekend.

Also, what have you planned about housing?
I would like to share an apartment with a female dental or med student. I'll problaby start looking for optional buildings south from wilshire in the near future. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Hey Guys!
When are we meeting? I can make it any weekend.

Also, what have you planned about housing?
I would like to share an apartment with a female dental or med student. I'll problaby start looking for optional buildings south from wilshire in the near future. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Hi Blackqueen (or anyone else), so do you happen to know how the price of UCLA housing is compared to other apartments, and how available they are? I'd like to know how much hope i can put on getting school housing. Thanks!

Hi Blackqueen (or anyone else), so do you happen to know how the price of UCLA housing is compared to other apartments, and how available they are? I'd like to know how much hope i can put on getting school housing. Thanks!

Student housing is the cheapest and most ideal way to go. i contacted outside housing nearby campus and they ran about...double i think. something like 1800 for a single...and 2500+ for a double. Compare that to something like 800 for on campus housing. safe bet, go for on campus housing! the availibility is unknown.

I just scheduled interview for 14th. What are my chances? Noemi told me that I will be most likely placed on waitlist. should've applied earlier!!

I just scheduled interview for 14th. What are my chances? Noemi told me that I will be most likely placed on waitlist. should've applied earlier!!

there is always a chance. hope to see u in the fall

Heck, I interviewed the last week of March. 2nd last interview group and I'm still here. So, don't worry. :)