***OFFICIAL UCLA 2007 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone made any other deposits other than the $200 from the initial payment?

How many students haven't finished the FA applications yet?

I haven't done a single thing for financial aid yet. I am going to get on it this week. My mom finally did her taxes so I have the info I need. Does anyone else think it's BS that we have to include our parents income even if you are married?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't done a single thing for financial aid yet. I am going to get on it this week. My mom finally did her taxes so I have the info I need. Does anyone else think it's BS that we have to include our parents income even if you are married?

phew! i thought i was the only one left...:laugh:

I totally think its BS, as do my parents haha. I am wondering if they actually use these figures for something or they are just to make us jump through some extra hoops to get money.

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally think its BS, as do my parents haha. I am wondering if they actually use these figures for something or they are just to make us jump through some extra hoops to get money.

I haven't read anything about a due date for the need access. Anyone heard a date besides asap?

I emailed Frank, and he said to just get it in as soon as you can. I said i couldnt turn mine in until the end of the month and he said that was fine. you just cant get it in too late, like close to when we start, thats what i got from his email at least =)

I emailed Frank, and he said to just get it in as soon as you can. I said i couldnt turn mine in until the end of the month and he said that was fine. you just cant get it in too late, like close to when we start, thats what i got from his email at least =)

in that case, I got 2 weeks put it off more :laugh:

Congratulations for getting into UCLA Dental School!
I'm currently an undergraduate at UCLA right now and I'm also a predental student. I'm looking for a female roommate for next year at Tiverton Courtyard (across from Ralph and Best Buy and about less than 5 minutes walking distance from UCLA Dental and Medical Schools)
Price (not including utilities):
Individual masterbedroom - $1175
Sharing a masterbedroom w/ someone else -$588
Parking spot and furniture are provided!
If any girl is interested, please email me at [email protected]

Hey guys,

About housing, more UCLA guaranteed housing are being handed out -- I almost lost hope there. I think I wanna go to UCLA now... :)

I just got the guaranteed housing at Weyburn email today! That saves a lot of headaches.

I just got the guaranteed housing at Weyburn email today! That saves a lot of headaches.

Seriously...:rolleyes:, i hope i get some good news come june.

Seriously...:rolleyes:, i hope i get some good news come june.

I had to give my guaranteed housing up, cuz I'm married. I wish I had guaranteed married housing.

Does anyone know what our financial aid package is (total) so that I would know how much to set aside for rent.

I had to give my guaranteed housing up, cuz I'm married. I wish I had guaranteed married housing.

Does anyone know what our financial aid package is (total) so that I would know how much to set aside for rent.

I thought Palms/Mar Vista was the guaranteed housing option for married students. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)

Dude, I am married too and I have guaranteed housing!!!! Anywhere in the Palms/Mar Vista is open game for us.

Now I know what you guys are talking about with Need Access. What a f***** pain in the ass!

Like others have said, married couples do get guaranteed housing. Try calling the housing department and see if they cant help you out. Btw, thanks for freeing up a spot in weyburn :D.

So, what are your real names?

What's yours Envision? Since you asked for help in lab, it's fair that I get your name. Hahahah.

So, what are your real names?

What's yours Envision? Since you asked for help in lab, it's fair that I get your name. Hahahah.

Hopefully you got it ;)

I can't give that out over the internet. sorry :)

Hey Mike sorry to burst your bubble, but anyone with access to our facebook group can get much more than our names...lol :laugh:

Hey Mike sorry to burst your bubble, but anyone with access to our facebook group can get much more than our names...lol :laugh:

You've burst my bubble there buddy

Thats true for most people...however, i think it is slightly easier to figure out your name Martin M...and Pilot..Mike...:D.

Dude, I am married too and I have guaranteed housing!!!! Anywhere in the Palms/Mar Vista is open game for us.

are you sure it's guaranteed for married couples? I wonder why I didn't get it then.

Like others have said, married couples do get guaranteed housing. Try calling the housing department and see if they cant help you out. Btw, thanks for freeing up a spot in weyburn :D.

do you have the # for the housing department? and who should I talk with?

do you have the # for the housing department? and who should I talk with?

I'm not entirely sure, but you could try UCLA housing and inquiring more information there. UCLA Housing: 3108254271

I'm not entirely sure, but you could try UCLA housing and inquiring more information there. UCLA Housing: 3108254271

Thanks Envison for the prompt reply.

are you sure it's guaranteed for married couples? I wonder why I didn't get it then.

Positive. You got guaranteed housing though, right? If you got it and you are married then you are fine.

Positive. You got guaranteed housing though, right? If you got it and you are married then you are fine.

So the secret is to get married...hmm :rolleyes:

So the secret is to get married...hmm :rolleyes:

You know this man. Plus you get someone to make your lunches for you and bring you food while you are studying. :thumbup:

I have a question for current Weyburn residents: I know I will need to bring my personal furniture (bed, desk, etc.), but what exactly do they provide there? Are there trash cans, lights, or a microwave? Is there a dining table in the common area?

Sorry if this question seems silly-- I am just seriously clueless about this :p .

Thanks in advance.

I have a question for current Weyburn residents: I know I will need to bring my personal furniture (bed, desk, etc.), but what exactly do they provide there? Are there trash cans, lights, or a microwave? Is there a dining table in the common area?

Sorry if this question seems silly-- I am just seriously clueless about this :p .

Thanks in advance.

no trash can, not enough lights, no light in bedrooms, yes one microwave, and no dining table

update:
UCLA Class of 2011
----------------------------
1) envision
2) confusedone
3) lifeisgood
4) emioboy
5) NVgirl
6) Pilot Mike
7) DDSWannaBe2007
8) socalpredent
9) dentridude
10) Sly Wolf
11) jendent
12) sgdorfl90
13) kaydewd
14) Snahster
15) aranjuez
16) sedent
17) digdig
18) nate28
19) icepinkish
20) ryan85
21) mdj337
22) foreverl05
23) =)
24) maggiebear
25) TheBestDoctor
26) dentstd
27) blackqueen
28) rasheedwallace
29) 4815162342LoSt
30) Azbioc
31) Grad
32) zusta
33) Rook
34) mattykay84
35) billybob
36) Pardis
37) sky
38) H2OPOLODENT
39) MartinM

;)

Hey Guys!
So I got the information packet yesterday, and I was reading on the housing at Weyburn. I am really worried because I got housing there but there is no parking!! It says that the only parking available is at the student parking lots but only after 4:00 pm on weekdays and all day on weekend. What are we supposed to do with our car the whole day when we are in class??
Does anyone already in dental school that lives in weyburn explain me how to manage this issue?:idea:

hey there,

so weyburn has underground parking for about $220 a quarter. The thing about parking after 4:30 and on weekends refers to using the weyburn permit at other parking lots on campus(eg lot 2, which is the closest one to the dental school), but you can park your car in the weyburn lot anytime.

hey there,

so weyburn has underground parking for about $220 a quarter. The thing about parking after 4:30 and on weekends refers to using the weyburn permit at other parking lots on campus(eg lot 2, which is the closest one to the dental school), but you can park your car in the weyburn lot anytime.

If we pay $657/year, does that include the summer?

So with the dental kit... From reading the info from the packet, student loans don't cover any of this cost does it? I'm assuming when it says "need to pay in full" means out of pocket

Seeing that everyone is asking questions, has anyone completed their financial aid stuff? I sent all of my stuff in a couple of weeks ago and when i check the ursa website, i see that they haven't received anything except my fafsa. Anyone complete this?

Seeing that everyone is asking questions, has anyone completed their financial aid stuff? I sent all of my stuff in a couple of weeks ago and when i check the ursa website, i see that they haven't received anything except my fafsa. Anyone complete this?

i completed mine a few weeks ago and mine still says its incomplete too.

So with the dental kit... From reading the info from the packet, student loans don't cover any of this cost does it? I'm assuming when it says "need to pay in full" means out of pocket

I am pretty sure financial aid covers any and all school related expenses, including the dental kit.

update:
UCLA Class of 2011
----------------------------
1) envision
2) confusedone
3) lifeisgood
4) emioboy
5) NVgirl
6) Pilot Mike
7) DDSWannaBe2007
8) socalpredent
9) dentridude
10) Sly Wolf
11) jendent
12) sgdorfl90
13) kaydewd
14) Snahster
15) aranjuez
16) sedent
17) digdig
18) nate28
19) icepinkish
20) ryan85
21) mdj337
22) foreverl05
23) =)
24) maggiebear
25) TheBestDoctor
26) dentstd
27) blackqueen
28) rasheedwallace
29) 4815162342LoSt
30) Azbioc
31) Grad
32) zusta
33) Rook
34) mattykay84
35) billybob
36) Pardis
37) sky
38) H2OPOLODENT
39) MartinM
40) indentition

Congratz indentition :thumbup: Did you get accepted recently?

Nah, a few months back... the decision process was tough.

doesn't it mention some thing about financing it through ucla? so i guess you don't have to have all of it upfront.

When you guys go to check your MyFAO https://www.fao.ucla.edu/myfao/ Under request date what date do you guys see, cause for me it says 4/18/2007 which passed, should I be worried?

Mine says the same thing. I was thinking it was the date that they sent out the initial request, but I could be wrong. Also, I emailed and called the financial aid office without a response last week because they have not updated that website for me. They also sent an email saying that I needed to turn things in that I sent in several weeks ago. Anybody else having the same problems?