Official Umdnj-som Class Of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sorry but it seems like the annual 'around the world' party on the night of accepted students day is a no-go:( . medicine ball is the next day, the regional sosa convention (which is at pcom this year) is the same night, and a host of other issues seemed 2 have derailed it 4 this yr unless sth miraculously changes b/t now and fri.

but u guys can go 2 nbhlo's salsa lesson that night at 6 pm and maybe someone can set up an impromptu thing at one of the local bars like pufferbellys or sharkeys or sth. ask around 2 the upperclassmen at the student organizations fair about places u guys can hang out later that night or if any of them r willing 2 point u guys 2 a good time. dunno if i'll b busy that night or not yet.

aww man! that changes EVERYthing!! :(
what's the medicine ball?

Members don't see this ad.

the medicine ball is the annual school formal in which all students and administration are invited to attend (for a fee) for dinner, drinks, and dancing.

the medicine ball is the annual school formal in which all students and administration are invited to attend (for a fee) for dinner, drinks, and dancing.

That's what it sounded like, thanks!
Now that I've made travel plans, this snow storm is coming just in time to make things crazy! Ugh! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my house !!!!

Will charge $5/cup at the door, in the bathroom: $2 to stand, $5 to sit.

Congrats EMT2ER-DOC!!

Is the event on Friday, a casual thing? No need to dress up or suit up right?

I'm wearing my Tom Brady shirt, of course! ;)
(no idea - hadn't thought about it yet....)

If nothing is set up for us, we can go into Philly and party on our own...:D

Just a thought.

Anyone know what time this shindig starts tomorrow??

Is it 8 AM? My letter actually says 8:45...don't they want us to come to their school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I am leaving tonight to stay at my brother's place since he lives 20 minutes from the school. Anyone else going to be in the area tonight?

Are you going to write your SDN name on your name tag if you get one? Or should we just put up pictures here?

Well I am leaving tonight to stay at my brother's place since he lives 20 minutes from the school. Anyone else going to be in the area tonight?

Are you going to write your SDN name on your name tag if you get one? Or should we just put up pictures here?

I am here already - staying at the Hampton Inn again.
Thinking about trying my very first philly cheesesteak, but thinking I might get lost trying to find one.... :lol:

hey...you guys going out for a bit? I might be able to join

I'll send Orthodoc a PM, I haven't heard back from her.

I'm just thinking somewhere close...

I'm thinking the Bar at Lonestar (b/c I don't want to drive) at ~8pm. This is right next to the Hampton Inn. White Horse and Laurel Oak (IIRC)

Thoughts?

guess that fizzled.

gotta go hunt down some contingency clothes for tomorrow anyway...

See you guys soon.

wow, sorry ur thing fizzled. echelon glen where a bunch of us live is right across the street from hampton inn. i'd b the 1st 2 have a party 4 u guys but i'm kinda behind on stuff 4 ASD 2morrow and micro 4 our quiz on mon. but if u guys r at lonestar...study break! j/k dunno. anyways orthodoc's got my number.

yeah you should be safe in patient parking for the day.

Sorry guys! Someone was hogging the communal computer in the hampton inn - I never got back online...:(
If you're around tonight though, let's try for something! Alchemist has my number, and I have hers, plus Depakote has my room #...

Hi guys! Do any current students know anything about warwick terrace? Thanks!!

Used/orphan furnature in storage at Laurel Rd. Voorhees available: no reasonable offers refused. Can deliver.

Large office desk, computer desk, sofa, misc chairs, round table, dining room table, bookcases, files, lots of misc.

Large tables are cherry. Almost everything else is light oak build-it-yourself

Does anyone know how we can get a copy of the class photo we took on Friday?

Does anyone know how we can get a copy of the class photo we took on Friday?

I posted a copy in the facebook group for the class of 2011.

Here's a copy.

n86940508129625421mc1.jpg

Sorry for the quality, it was really dark and I had to crop/doctor it a lot to get it this good.

Did anyone see the new year 1 classroom? I did not and was wondering what impression you had.

Yes, it was great. Much improved over what we had seen on interview day! Those desk chairs are still there, :( but there are rumors that they are being replaced at some point. Much easier to handle those in the new classroom space, though! :D

I posted a copy in the facebook group for the class of 2011.

Here's a copy.

n86940508129625421mc1.jpg

Sorry for the quality, it was really dark and I had to crop/doctor it a lot to get it this good.

does anyone know if all the students that attended the accepted students day will be definetly attending, or are some of the students still on the fence, and have other schools to make a decison from? I think I read somewhere that about 80 students attended, is that correct? Thanks

does anyone know if all the students that attended the accepted students day will be definetly attending, or are some of the students still on the fence, and have other schools to make a decison from? I think I read somewhere that about 80 students attended, is that correct? Thanks

I know of 1 or 2 people that are still on the fence.

I just wanted to drop by and say welcome. I met a ton of you at accepted students day and I can not wait to make you part of the SOM family. White Coat is just around the corner and I will see you there again! Orientation week will be a blast so make sure to come full of energy.

I was there and am on the fence. I was leaning more towards UMDNJ-RWJ before I attended, but am not positive where I want to go now. I will be attending RWJ's accepted students' day in a couple weeks and then I'll make my final decision. It was great meeting everyone though... you were all super nice :)

Congrats to all the new SOMers!!

I'm sure some of you are looking for housing lately. If you need a one bedroom apartment startying June 17 or July 1, please send me a message. I can show you my apartment in Echelon Glenn. I'm moving.

I'm a 4th year SOM student who's soon to be a graduate too! If you need any advice or information on SOM, feel free to ask me! :)

I'm a 4th year SOM student who's soon to be a graduate too! If you need any advice or information on SOM, feel free to ask me! :)

Okay - here's a start:
Where are you moving?
Is your place really REALLY quiet?
Did you match at your 1st choice?
Do you have a complete match list for your class yet??!

Congrats to all the new SOMers!!

I'm sure some of you are looking for housing lately. If you need a one bedroom apartment startying June 17 or July 1, please send me a message. I can show you my apartment in Echelon Glenn. I'm moving.

u rn't my neighbor upstairs? i bet u r. :) lakeside, w/ a view of the lake, right? nihao gf! if u're not, completely ignore that remark unless u speak chinese.

and oh, it was nice meeting everyone (and some of their parents) at ASD. we (SOMA) will put 2gether a list of ppl who r either willing 2 answer Qs on their apt complexes or give u tours of their places as well as ppl willing 2 sublet 2 pre-matric'ers (so u can take ur time looking 4 a place during pre-matric program) sometime in may so check ur emails mid to late may. sorry, we're busy w/ exams coming up early may so none of us can work on this til after block.

Defended my Masters thesis last Friday and it was accepted!!!!!!! Just made the corrections and will submit to the registrar. Got my A and will graduate. Finally!!

Defended my Masters thesis last Friday and it was accepted!!!!!!! Just made the corrections and will submit to the registrar. Got my A and will graduate. Finally!!

Congratulations! :thumbup: