**** Official Western University Acceptance Thread c/o 2014****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still waiting on my confirmation email. i sent it last week so i'm still waiting for an email.

Members don't see this ad.

My check hasn't been cashed, nor have I received any notice...
They could still be ultra backed up from December 1st though...so I'm not too worried about it.

Did you all set up your email account?

Lastly, who is going for sure? Count me in!

I am not accepted yet, but alternate list. Hope I get in soon!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya...where is everyone?!? What's the dress code at Western? I don't recall anyone mentioning it, just that it wouldn't be changing...

They mentioned that the dress code for the dental students would be semi formal/professional attire. Though someone may correct me if Im wrong..

hmmm ok...
Are you attending for sure Xiphoid?

Colorado...should be interesting!
What about you, or are you already in the area?
I have never lived in California, so I am looking forward to it...

Oregon. I'm pretty excited to live in california :)

They mentioned that the dress code for the dental students would be semi formal/professional attire. Though someone may correct me if Im wrong..

The dress code is "professional", but that can mean anything from khakis/polo shirt to dress pants/button up shirt/tie for the guys.

Looks like I have some shopping to do...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Extremely terrified of the workload to be expected the first two years, but honored to be accepted. See you all soon.

Xiphoid that sounds like a good move! I too am looking forward to socal.

RN did you just get accepted or were you in on the first? Where are you coming from? Congrats by the way!:thumbup:

I have sent my deposit in, but have not heard anything yet. I'm pretty sure the office received the money order while they were on break. Today is their first day back so I plan on calling. I had my money order sent via certifed mail, and I'm pretty sure someone is required to sign for it. I don't know what happens in my situation because the office was closed for winter break.

I have sent my deposit in, but have not heard anything yet. I'm pretty sure the office received the money order while they were on break. Today is their first day back so I plan on calling. I had my money order sent via certifed mail, and I'm pretty sure someone is required to sign for it. I don't know what happens in my situation because the office was closed for winter break.

You'll be fine. You have until the 15th of January for the deadline.

Anybody have good interview feedback? SDN feedback forum is kind of sparse. I know you all got in and therefore are more likely to post comments/thoughts on your couple of hours at the school. I interview this Saturday (1/9.) Congrats on getting in - what a great accomplishment!!!

The day was like 6.5 hours long I think. The interview was 30 minutes, though some interviews went shorter...if it goes short, don't freak.

The school is awesome, so enjoy yourself. We got lunch, but no breakfast. Make sure you dress very nice...don't get the JC Penney or Kohls suit and shirt, go to a real clothier. It may be too late for that though. $500 for a suit that puts you above the rest is worth it in the long run.

Again, the school is great so enjoy it and relax. They don't want to break you like some schools may try to do, they just want to make sure you fit with the mission of the school and have a personality.

Best of luck!

For those who are already at Western, have you started working in the new Patient Care Center? and if yes, how is it?

got the deposit confirmation email today! cant wait to start in august!!

For those who are already at Western, have you started working in the new Patient Care Center? and if yes, how is it?

We won't be in the patient care center until March, I believe. We're still learning things in the simulation clinic right now. All of our new buildings are REALLY nice, and they have brand new hot off the assembly line equipment. It's pretty awesome.

We won't be in the patient care center until March, I believe. We're still learning things in the simulation clinic right now. All of our new buildings are REALLY nice, and they have brand new hot off the assembly line equipment. It's pretty awesome.

balla just posted a link to pictures of new facilities: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=691522. They are quite amazing and exciting. It feels great to be able to use brand new dental equipment. Can't wait to start in August :).

Xiphoid, I got the email too! This is awesome!:thumbup:

The day was like 6.5 hours long I think. The interview was 30 minutes, though some interviews went shorter...if it goes short, don't freak.

The school is awesome, so enjoy yourself. We got lunch, but no breakfast. Make sure you dress very nice...don't get the JC Penney or Kohls suit and shirt, go to a real clothier. It may be too late for that though. $500 for a suit that puts you above the rest is worth it in the long run.

Again, the school is great so enjoy it and relax. They don't want to break you like some schools may try to do, they just want to make sure you fit with the mission of the school and have a personality.

Best of luck!

Thanks fore the feedback. I appreciate it!

Yes, bump!

Best of luck to those of you who are waiting to hear back! Try to enjoy your weekends!

I have been accepted to ASDOH, therefore, I'm giving up my spot at western. Good luck to those waiting.

During our interview we were given papers about loans and scholarships and there was a sheet that listed the websites about those programs where you can either serve in the air force or underserved communities and they pay for your tuition. Can anyone provide me those links? Thanks

I know a class is offered in the summer that preps you for anatomy & physiology, but I was wondering what books to review that students recommend prior to matriculation?

I was kind of wondering the same thing too...

Although, everyone says to relax and enjoy our free time before it really hits the fan!

Hey, has anyone not recieve a confermation email that they recieved the deposit? I sent it first week of January by registered mail, and it shows someone signed for it, however, I still haven't heard anything back.

Hey, has anyone not recieve a confermation email that they recieved the deposit? I sent it first week of January by registered mail, and it shows someone signed for it, however, I still haven't heard anything back.

I received a confirmation email Jan 8th saying that they have received my deposit, however they haven't actually cashed my check yet. I mailed my deposit Dec 26th.

Hey there,
I sent my check in on December 5th, it wasn't processed at my bank until December 24th, and I received the confirmation email on January 5th.
Not super quick turn around, but I understand they are still interviewing (or were at that time). I will say not to stress out, but I remember when I was waiting to hear from them too...so I know it's kind of hard not to stress out.

Has anyone started their immunizations? I did last week, and am waiting on some blood work to come back to verify the pox and hepB...

Have you all started preparing in any way?

Just got the acceptance call! I am a second year applicant so I can't tell you how good it feels! I look forward to meeting all of you!

Just got the acceptance call! I am a second year applicant so I can't tell you how good it feels! I look forward to meeting all of you!

Grats! It's a very special moment in life. :thumbup:

I'm in too! First offer! Waiting on a few more schools to get back to me before I make my decision, but Western is WONDERFUL!!

CONGRATS SPUD AND SUB!!!! It was the third best day of my life...married with a kid. I can't wait to meet all of you!

Got the call today!!!!

I will definitely be turning down my other offers and will attend Western with out a doubt.

I wrote this in the other post also, but where is everyone coming from?

congrats caldent, sub, dennis and spud!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

congrats people- I will be there next fall also, got the email about depo but they still havnet cashed.

coming from so cal already so im stoked!

I got in TODAY!

Can someone please PM me with the facebook WU class 2014 link please?

Got the call today!!!!

I will definitely be turning down my other offers and will attend Western with out a doubt.

I wrote this in the other post also, but where is everyone coming from?

Congrats! I hope my advice was helpful!

Thanks everyone, I will be coming from Idaho. Could someone pm me about the facebook group too? Thanks!

for those that just got the acceptance call from western, when did you have your interview?