***Official Western University c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread***

I received the same email and have not been invited to an interview yet. My application was completed only a month ago so I dont know if that makes any difference. Maybe they sent the email to everyone before leaving the campus for 2 weeks...

Sounds like interviewees and non-interviewees got the same email. What does that mean for kids that interviewed? Are we back to square one with all the other applicants that haven't interviewed? That doesn't sound very promising...

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know if this helps, but I am interviewing on Jan. 14th and did not get such an e-mail

Sounds like interviewees and non-interviewees got the same email. What does that mean for kids that interviewed? Are we back to square one with all the other applicants that haven't interviewed? That doesn't sound very promising...

every coin has too sides lol
does that mean this is promising for non interviewing people?

is there someone who has not received the email about continuing review yet, who did not received an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received the "continuing review" email as well yesturday. I was wondering what does this mean? Does that mean we still have a chance to get invited for an interview? or all applicants without an interview get this email? Does anyone here know if there is a high chance of getting invited for an interview when put under "continuing review"?

I received an email from Western today stating my ".application has been placed in “continuing review.”"

And 1) do not call their admissions office inquiring about your status, and 2) they will be closed until January 3rd.

This is the first time I have received correspondence since my interview.

I wonder how long I will have to wait now for some sort of answer.

I just received the "continuing review" email as well yesturday. I was wondering what does this mean? Does that mean we still have a chance to get invited for an interview? or all applicants without an interview get this email? Does anyone here know if there is a high chance of getting invited for an interview when put under "continuing review"?

I'm in the same boat with all of you guys. I received that e-mail a few days ago and was so sadddd about it until today when I read this thread that those that interviewed got the e-mail as well. I have no idea what it means and I hope someone from Western could give us some insight!

it would've been a nice xmas gift if it was a "invited for interview" e-mail... haha

Hey everyone, I'm a class of 2014 student and VP and made a FB group page for you guys to network. Look forward to seeing you in the Fall. enjoy your break, school is pretty brutal! but fun too. The 2014 FB group was very instrumental for me to find my roommate, get to know other classmates, and more easily find my classmates on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_181003191918855

I got that same "continuing review" email last week, im trying to find the thread from last year to see if anybody got an interview after they got this email. :shrug:

Don't know if this helps, but I am interviewing on Jan. 14th and did not get such an e-mail

maybe because you were notified of a decision (interview invite) before the holidays when their office was still open. for those of us who didn't get a decision before the office closed for the holidays, received the email.. that's what i'm thinking?

when did you get your interview invite?

maybe because you were notified of a decision (interview invite) before the holidays when their office was still open. for those of us who didn't get a decision before the office closed for the holidays, received the email.. that's what i'm thinking?

when did you get your interview invite?

I was initially invited on Nov. 23rd for an interview date in February, however I requested an earlier date if one opened up. Then on Dec. 6th I got an e-mail about Jan.14th date which I decided to take. My guess is that once they are done interviewing in Jan. and Feb. they will look at all the applicants again and hand out more interviews and/or admissions offers. That is my take on the e-mail everyone else got. :luck:

Western already had 5-6 interview sessions and there were 60 interviewees in one day (30 morning, 30 afternoon session). They said they interview around 300 applicants, which .. doesn't quite add up. I see that they're of course having post-dec interviews, which means they interview way more than 300 now??

Western already had 5-6 interview sessions and there were 60 interviewees in one day (30 morning, 30 afternoon session). They said they interview around 300 applicants, which .. doesn't quite add up. I see that they're of course having post-dec interviews, which means they interview way more than 300 now??

I was thinking the same thing.. but then I thought maybe it was possible that some of those interview days were only half days, where they only interviewed ~30 people.. I don't know if that's true or not, but it was the only way I could come up with something relatively close to 300 interview invites

Hi guys, hope you are enjoying the holidays. I just wanted to say keep your heads up. Western has had several interview sessions but not all of them had 60 people per day. I wish I could give you more specific numbers but I personally helped with 3 sessions and only one of those days had 60 people, whereas the rest had less people. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info spud daddy! I hope you had a good holidays too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance call today!! I was too excited that I mistakenly posted this on case western thread... oopsy.

Just got a call today too! Was so excited! I interviewed there on nov 6th. For those who haven't heard back yet, keep your head up. No news is good news =)

Request to join!!!Got a call from Dr Jenny around 7pm EST! My first acceptance So excited!!:thumbup: I interviewed there on Oct 23rd

Last edited:
Accepted Western yesterday !

Interview at
ASDOH - accepted 12/1
USC - accepted 12/1
Western - accepted 1/7
Oklahoma - denied 12/26

got a vm friday afternoon from interview dr... feels so amazing to finally get an acceptance! (i'm a reapplicant)

So does this mean that if we interviewed and got the continuing review email and did NOT get a call on fri that we are rejected?

got a vm friday afternoon from interview dr... feels so amazing to finally get an acceptance! (i'm a reapplicant)

congrats on your acceptance... im currently studying for the DAT.. I just had a few questions... why didnt you apply to any other schools that were easier to get into? Like Meharry, Howard, Arizona etc...
What was your DAT scores btw?
Thanks... I'm looking in going to western also...

So does this mean that if we interviewed and got the continuing review email and did NOT get a call on fri that we are rejected?

I wouldn't say that just yet. It may just mean that you weren't part of this next sweep of acceptances. It's not the end of the cycle yet, so until you get that acceptance call or the rejection letter don't lose hope!

To those accepted in January that interviewed before December:

Did you submit your academic update? If so, was it mailed before you received your acceptance call?

I am curious if they are considering the academic updates before making a final decision for those of us that have already interviewed, but were passed over in December.

Thanks.

Did you submit your academic update? If so, was it mailed before you received your acceptance call?

I am curious if they are considering the academic updates before making a final decision for those of us that have already interviewed, but were passed over in December.

Thanks.

i was accepted in jan and interviewed oct 23 and i never submitted my academic update.

My file is still in continuing review at Western..I interviewed @ the beginning of October. Is continuing review like being waitlisted? has anyone been waitlisted to WesterN? if so, how? (letter, email, call...)

I applied to 17 schools total including ASDOH this year. I didn't apply to Howard because I have too many community college credits and I didn't apply to Meharry because I am not from a disadvantaged background (I applied to both these schools last year).

My DAT is: AA-19, TS-18, PAT-21. I'm 90% sure I'm going to attend Western. I'm from southern CA so the location is perfect, not to mention I really liked the school

Thanks.

I interviewed in November and got an offer in January, but didn't send an academic update.

My file is still in continuing review at Western..I interviewed @ the beginning of October. Is continuing review like being waitlisted? has anyone been waitlisted to WesterN? if so, how? (letter, email, call...)

I'm not sure if anyone has actually been waitlisted at Western, but I got the continuing review email in December and got an acceptance in January. So I don't think the continuing review is like being waitlisted. There's still plenty of time to receive an offer! Best of luck!

I applied to 17 schools total including ASDOH this year. I didn't apply to Howard because I have too many community college credits and I didn't apply to Meharry because I am not from a disadvantaged background (I applied to both these schools last year).

My DAT is: AA-19, TS-18, PAT-21. I'm 90% sure I'm going to attend Western. I'm from southern CA so the location is perfect, not to mention I really liked the school

those are pretty good stats... arizona didnt accept you??? Did you get an interview with them? I thought western was tougher to get into than arizona... how was your gpa?

those are pretty good stats... arizona didnt accept you??? Did you get an interview with them? I thought western was tougher to get into than arizona... how was your gpa?

I'm not sure which is tougher, but I interviewed at both schools and have been accepted to Western, but not ASDOH. Western interview was in November and ASDOH interview was in December. But definitely, the average statistics for incoming class is higher at Western than it is at ASDOH.

Got a call on 1/7 that I was in! I had been put on the "continuing review" mid December.

Those who got in earlier, how long did it take you to get your packet in mail?

Hey guys, I have an interview at the end of the week. I have been using some of the interview feedback comments as preparation. I noticed that there are only a few entries for this application cycle, did you guys find your interview to match most of the entries in the interview feedback? Thanks

Hey guys, I have an interview at the end of the week. I have been using some of the interview feedback comments as preparation. I noticed that there are only a few entries for this application cycle, did you guys find your interview to match most of the entries in the interview feedback? Thanks

yup, SDN interview feedback was enough for me. nothing surprising. good luck!

got a letter in the mail today that I have been waitlisted.....

i guess it's better than a rejection :confused:

i interviewed oct 23, didnt send an academic update and I also got the continuing review e-mail.

all those in the same boat, let's just hope there are kids out there with better stats that choose to go to other schools ;)

Does anyone have any feedback on alternate/waitlist stats. What happened with that last year?

Hey Congrats to Everyone! and for those who have not heard yet keep you head up there is still a good chance!!

I wish we didn't have to pay a deposit so fast (due feb 7th) I'm not sure if I want to attend lol!

Hey Congrats to Everyone! and for those who have not heard yet keep you head up there is still a good chance!!

I wish we didn't have to pay a deposit so fast (due feb 7th) I'm not sure if I want to attend lol!

superspike, congrats on your acceptance! did you get your acceptance packet in the mail yet? if so, where do you reside? i thought mine was going to be in the mail today :(

plus, most schools give 30 days to put down the deposit. people who are accepted in february only have 15 days to put theirs down. at least we get double the amount of time :)

I received notice that I have been selected as an alternate. I guess it could be worse. I won't give up hope yet. The letter was dated January 7th, arrived today.

I too am an alternate. What is the diff between waitlist and alternate?

I got the continuing review email in December and just received an interview yesterday for feb 5th. They invited me by phone and said they only had 2 dates left...tomorrow (today) and feb. 5th.

I also got the invite for an interview on feb. 5th. Are you going on feb 5th? I wonder what are their chances of acceptance when received an interview?

Yes, I'll be going. I'm sure there's a spot to be had if the interview goes well enough

superspike, congrats on your acceptance! did you get your acceptance packet in the mail yet? if so, where do you reside? i thought mine was going to be in the mail today :(

plus, most schools give 30 days to put down the deposit. people who are accepted in february only have 15 days to put theirs down. at least we get double the amount of time :)

I live in NorCal in Rocklin. You should have gotten it by now

Yeah I just wish I had more time to wait for other schools, I really loved Western but it is not so affordable and the location could be better I guess. But good luck to those interviewing!

Aren't they the same?

yeah they are. i remember on the information packet we received at the interview, it said post interview, we will be placed in either "accepted, alternate, or rejected" so it is the same.

congrats on your acceptance... im currently studying for the DAT.. I just had a few questions... why didnt you apply to any other schools that were easier to get into? Like Meharry, Howard, Arizona etc...
What was your DAT scores btw?
Thanks... I'm looking in going to western also...

Unless you're an underrepresented minority, you will not get accepted to Howard of Meharry. The Arizona schools (Midwestern and ASDOH) are not easier to get into that Western, they are both tough to get into.

I also just received an interview invite for Feb. 5th! It's their final interview date available. I wonder how many spots they have left to offer..

EvDDS, are you going to the interview on Feb. 5th? I see that you got accepted to case! I wonder how many seats they have left as well.