This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental Italian

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I took my DAT. I am writing this to give my thoughts on what I did for preparation and what I recommend to others. My scores are listed below.
AA: 23
TS: 24
PAT: 24
QR: 24
RC: 19
BIO: 22
GC: 23
OC: 26

To start, the best thing I can suggest is to get as much exam practice as possible. You want to practice with endurance and being able to complete each section in the allotted time. I followed the schedule made by Ari to the T.
One of the best resources I used was DAT Bootcamp. Being able to run through as many full length test and separate section exams was very useful.
My average scores in Bootcamp are listed below.
PAT: 22
QR: 22
BIO: 20
OC: 22

Some scores improved on my real DAT, while others stayed the same. Definitely could have done better in GC(considering this is one of my best subjects) and RC.

Ultimately, I am extremely happy with my scores. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions on test prep.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!! What bio study resources did you use? Could you elaborate more on how you studied for the sciences?

How did you find QR to compare with BC? Also, congrats on those scores! They are amazing!
Wererew,

Thank you. I felt the QR on the real exam was pretty close to that seen on BC. I finished the section with about 2 minutes. Only enough time to check a couple answers. I definitely feel that if you can complete the BC exams and achieve a score you are satisfied with, you will be able to do the same on the real DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! What bio study resources did you use? Could you elaborate more on how you studied for the sciences?

For biology, I read theough the cliffs AP bio book, which was provided by ARI. I also went through the DAT destroyer bio section. Lastely, i went through all of the Bio exams on BC. These exams were some of the best resources. After you take these exams, go theough the solutions carefully. For the questions you got wrong, or just guessed correctly, read through the explanations of why a certain answer was correct. Also look at why certain answers were incorrect. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Congrats!
Was your QR like BC, where all the algebra questions was one after the other, same for probability, etc. Or were they spread out?
Was GC and OC easier than BC?
Lastly, how many bio questions were you not sure of?

Congrats!
Was your QR like BC, where all the algebra questions was one after the other, same for probability, etc. Or were they spread out?
Was GC and OC easier than BC?
Lastly, how many bio questions were you not sure of?

I believe the QR section was a little more spread out. If I am remembering correctly.
QR and OC we a little easier. Definitely a couple questions I was unsure of.
For bio, i think i had 5-7 i was unsure of.

Reactions: 1 user
Today I took my DAT. I am writing this to give my thoughts on what I did for preparation and what I recommend to others. My scores are listed below.
AA: 23
TS: 24
PAT: 24
QR: 24
BIO: 22
OC: 26

To start, the best thing I can suggest is to get as much exam practice as possible. You want to practice with endurance and being able to complete each section in the allotted time. I followed the schedule made by Ari to the T.
One of the best resources I used was DAT Bootcamp. Being able to run through as many full length test and separate section exams was very useful.
My average scores in Bootcamp are listed below.
PAT: 22
QR: 22
BIO: 20
OC: 22

Some scores improved on my real DAT, while others stayed the same. Definitely could have done better in GC(considering this is one of my best subjects) and RC.

Ultimately, I am extremely happy with my scores. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions on test prep.
How did you find the difficulty level for PAT sections compared to bootcamp? Especially Keyhole section.

Wow! Truly impressive scores!! I'm sure @Ari Rezaei would be ecstatic to see what Bootcamp delivers to all students using it, such a great educational tool!!!