You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio c/o 2016 Applicants
Started by NStarz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, hang tight, hopefully you won't break my 53 day wait from interview to acceptance! Hopefully my wait gives you hope, though. A long wait does not mean a rejection, so hang tight, OSU doesn't seem to be in any hurry this year.
hey guys...how do you know what your buckeye link is? people keep mentioning it but i don't know how to get to it or if it was sent in an email or something. Thanks!
I had to call the IT department at OSU to get my login name.number and an activation code, as I never got mine either! I think the IT dept. phone number is posted somewhere up in this thread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had to call the IT department at OSU to get my login name.number and an activation code, as I never got mine either! I think the IT dept. phone number is posted somewhere up in this thread.
thank you!!!
hey guys...how do you know what your buckeye link is? people keep mentioning it but i don't know how to get to it or if it was sent in an email or something. Thanks!
You should have gotten log in info. when you got the email that your VMCAS and supplemental were complete. The buckeye link can be found on the main OSU page. It's a link at the top of the page called buckeye link. Once you click that you have to click the future students tab and then click application status.
I figured it out and found the email. It was pretty far back. Thanks very much!!
I hope it's not that, I hope they are just sending them out in batches. I, too, am suffering from a case of the major bummers.
But still, so happy for you two!
Me too, especially since I started off 2012 with a rejection...

Me too, especially since I started off 2012 with a rejection...![]()
Ick!
Not a good way to start the year!I may be looking at TWO rejections tomorrow, if both Cornell and OSU send them out (and I indeed get rejected at OSU). Yuck!!
Ick!Not a good way to start the year!
I may be looking at TWO rejections tomorrow, if both Cornell and OSU send them out (and I indeed get rejected at OSU). Yuck!!
Don't think that way- more OSU'ers would have been accepted if they were done sending them out. Compared to last year's list of acceptances, this years is waaay smaller, so I'm guessing they aren't done yet.
I'm sticking with that!
I like your idea better than mine. We'll go with that. 🙂Don't think that way- more OSU'ers would have been accepted if they were done sending them out. Compared to last year's list of acceptances, this years is waaay smaller, so I'm guessing they aren't done yet.
I'm sticking with that!
I heard from a member of the adcom, that they are having a meeting next week and the majority of acceptances will be sent out then. So keep your heads up everyone!! There should be good news soon!!Don't think that way- more OSU'ers would have been accepted if they were done sending them out. Compared to last year's list of acceptances, this years is waaay smaller, so I'm guessing they aren't done yet.
I'm sticking with that!
I heard from a member of the adcom, that they are having a meeting next week and the majority of acceptances will be sent out then. So keep your heads up everyone!! There should be good news soon!!
👍 LOVE IT- YAY!!! 😀
(Although, next week is so far away...)
I heard from a member of the adcom, that they are having a meeting next week and the majority of acceptances will be sent out then. So keep your heads up everyone!! There should be good news soon!!
I love you. 😍
Hang in there guys =) I told them today that ya'll are losing your marbles so they know you're anxious! Some acceptances were sent out today but as marino said, they're not done. You're all doing awesome waiting-keep supporting each other 😀
Hang in there guys =) I told them today that ya'll are losing your marbles so they know you're anxious! Some acceptances were sent out today but as marino said, they're not done. You're all doing awesome waiting-keep supporting each other 😀
Annnnnd I love YOU, too. 😀 😍 SO relieved!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel your pain nordicat, I'm waiting to hear from Cornell and osu as well.. so know I share your anxiety. Hope you hear some good news!! 🙂
You too, Screechie!! Thank you 🙂

Don't give up hope guys. Let me remind you what happened to me with OSU. You want to talk about a major freak out moment... I interviewed November 12th and within a week the other 4 people that went to the early interview from here ALL got accepted (actually within 4 days) and I didn't hear anything. I was freaked out that maybe they accepted everyone from that interview day that they were planning to (I mean EVERYONE from here that went that day got accepted right away except me) and I was gonna get rejected. Then they made me wait sooooooooooooooo long to find out. They accepted me, though, and I am going to OSU! So, don't give up hope just because it feels like "everyone else" has already heard. That isn't the case. I'm hoping for good news for you guys. Next week will come soon enough, it might not seem like you'll survive the wait, but you'll get through.
Ick!Not a good way to start the year!
I may be looking at TWO rejections tomorrow, if both Cornell and OSU send them out (and I indeed get rejected at OSU). Yuck!!
Yeah I'm waiting on my Cornell rejection as well. Although I knew that school was a reach, it stings just as bad. It's amazing how defeated one can feel through this whole thing. I know that all my sacrifices were worth it, but I can't help but feel like I am just in line to be rejected as well... 🙁
(it also doesn't help that I actually found the courage to ask this guy out and he rejected me hahaha)
Thanks all, I feel better now 🙂
And Congrats again to everyone!
And Congrats again to everyone!
As I had expected, I got my rejection from Cornell this morning. Meh! It actually doesn't hurt too much. 🙂
Knowing there's still plenty of hope for The OSU makes it very easy to bear. I told a co-worker yesterday, "I'd rather have a rejection from Cornell than Ohio." Maybe that's crazy (especially to Bismarck's family!
), but I truly loved Columbus and the campus when I visited.
Hang in there, everyone! 🙂
Knowing there's still plenty of hope for The OSU makes it very easy to bear. I told a co-worker yesterday, "I'd rather have a rejection from Cornell than Ohio." Maybe that's crazy (especially to Bismarck's family!
), but I truly loved Columbus and the campus when I visited.Hang in there, everyone! 🙂
Sorry to hear about Cornell, NordiCat. I was rootin' for ya'...
Eh...one of my cats is "illegal" in New York, anyway. 😛 Like I said, I prefer OSU! I think my hubby would have loved the skiing in upstate NY, but hey...this way he'll have more incentive to either go back to school or get a job.
Thanks for the good wishes, Velaineil!!I was rooting for you too Nordicat, what a bummer, but hoping you get in at OSU and we can be classmates, that would be awesome! OSU is better on the wallet than Cornell too 👍. You can get IS tuition after the first year, can't do that at Cornell.
Actually, I think the cost of living isn't too much lower at OSU versus Cornell given that you pay $20,000 more OOS at OSU the first year compared to Cornell, break roughly even by year two, and come out maybe up $30,000 or so after 4 years by my rough math. Also depends on the amount of gify aid each school doles out too 🙂
Yes, you save about $27,000, I call that decent savings 👍. Plus they mentioned a $10,000 scholarship that many OOSers get to help lower costs that first year and I think cost of living is much lower in Ohio than New York.
Yes, you save about $27,000, I call that decent savings 👍. Plus they mentioned a $10,000 scholarship that many OOSers get to help lower costs that first year and I think cost of living is much lower in Ohio than New York.
One of my good friends has lived in Cbus for the last few years, and whenever I go to visit her I'm floored by how expensive food is. What I'd pay for dinner there is about twice what I'd pay two hours away...
I don't know anything about New York, but Cbus is not for cheap-o's.
I've lived in Columbus for almost 10 years now and I think, like any city, it's all about knowing where to go. Most places geared towards students or places that students tend to go can be a bit expensive. Once you venture out from campus, there are tons of awesome bars and restaurants that are dirt cheap. It is a popular sports town so you'll have places that overcharge, but that being said there are also more expensive places that are totally worth it. If (fingers crossed) I get in this year, I'd be happy to be any fellow student's tour guide. I love this town and showing off what it has to offer!One of my good friends has lived in Cbus for the last few years, and whenever I go to visit her I'm floored by how expensive food is. What I'd pay for dinner there is about twice what I'd pay two hours away...
I don't know anything about New York, but Cbus is not for cheap-o's.
Yes, you save about $27,000, I call that decent savings 👍. Plus they mentioned a $10,000 scholarship that many OOSers get to help lower costs that first year and I think cost of living is much lower in Ohio than New York.
Any idea when you find out if you got that $10,000 scholarship?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I'm IS so I didn't ask and I don't think she ever really said. I think it might be part of the scholarship thing you fill out that is on the incoming class page on OSUs website, so whenever you hear what you get from that is my guess.
Any idea when you find out if you got that $10,000 scholarship?
The $10,000 scholarship is something that's automatic for all out of state students, as far as I know. Its availability and exact amount is based upon the funds that are available that year, but each in state student is supposed to get $1,000 and each out of state student is supposed to get $10,000. I'm pretty sure it worked out this year.
Eh...one of my cats is "illegal" in New York, anyway. 😛 Like I said, I prefer OSU! I think my hubby would have loved the skiing in upstate NY, but hey...this way he'll have more incentive to either go back to school or get a job.Thanks for the good wishes, Velaineil!!
hope you hear something good from OSU in the coming days nordicat

hope you hear something good from OSU in the coming days nordicat![]()
Thanks, Sunnex! I really wish the Official Acceptances thread was larger than the Official Rejections thread.The $10,000 scholarship is something that's automatic for all out of state students, as far as I know. Its availability and exact amount is based upon the funds that are available that year, but each in state student is supposed to get $1,000 and each out of state student is supposed to get $10,000. I'm pretty sure it worked out this year.
Thats good to know, they did not mention that in the financial aid session during interviews.
Howdy ya'll, I'm sure this is just a culmination of what everyone has been saying/hearing, but I just talked to Shayna in the admissions office and she said that the committee has not finalized their acceptance list yet. They have a meeting next week, and those who are accepted will receive an email. She said you should expect to hear something either way in the next week and a half, and if you haven't heard by then, you can call the office back.Don't give up hope guys. Let me remind you what happened to me with OSU. You want to talk about a major freak out moment... I interviewed November 12th and within a week the other 4 people that went to the early interview from here ALL got accepted (actually within 4 days) and I didn't hear anything. I was freaked out that maybe they accepted everyone from that interview day that they were planning to (I mean EVERYONE from here that went that day got accepted right away except me) and I was gonna get rejected. Then they made me wait sooooooooooooooo long to find out. They accepted me, though, and I am going to OSU! So, don't give up hope just because it feels like "everyone else" has already heard. That isn't the case. I'm hoping for good news for you guys. Next week will come soon enough, it might not seem like you'll survive the wait, but you'll get through.
It's a bummer that they weren't able to stick closer to the timeline they gave us, but at least they're taking great measures to make sure those who are accepted are a good fit. Crossing my fingers for everyone else who is patiently awaiting an answer. Do your best to keep your spirits up!
Thats good to know, they did not mention that in the financial aid session during interviews.
I guess I should clarify, when I say "this year" I meant "Class of 2015." I don't know what's going to happen with your class.
I guess I should clarify, when I say "this year" I meant "Class of 2015." I don't know what's going to happen with your class.
It was mentioned during our information session, I'm fairly certain. If you look at the PowerPoint presentation for Financial Aid (on the OSU website), I think the $10,000/$1,000 is factored in for OOS/IS tuition.
Having heard good news from both Penn and Cornell, I just called to decline my offer of admission. Hoping someone else in this thread (Nordicat, I'm looking at you) gets the nod.
Good luck all!
Good luck all!
Having heard good news from both Penn and Cornell, I just called to decline my offer of admission. Hoping someone else in this thread (Nordicat, I'm looking at you) gets the nod.
Good luck all!
🙁 and
and
! Congratulations on getting accepted to BOTH schools you wanted, and good luck with the difficult (but enviable!) decision!! Buuuut if I get in at OSU, it would have been great to go to school with you (hence the 🙁 ).
to you!!!Nordicat, was hoping you got your acceptance today! Hopefully tomorrow.
That is thoughtful of you to notify early bismark, frees up spots for others. Sad to see you won't be coming to OSU though 🙁. You know we're gonna be the awesomest class ever 🙂. Glad you got accepted to your two top choices though, way to go 👍
That is thoughtful of you to notify early bismark, frees up spots for others. Sad to see you won't be coming to OSU though 🙁. You know we're gonna be the awesomest class ever 🙂. Glad you got accepted to your two top choices though, way to go 👍
Nordicat, was hoping you got your acceptance today! Hopefully tomorrow.
Indeed, hopefully tomorrow!
for all of us still waiting! I keep seeing forum n00bs popping up in the OSU "Attending Only" thread (jealous! 😛) and then I worry that there won't be any good news, but if two reliable sources say most acceptances will go out this week, then it's gotta be true 🙂 Any day now...
Just spoke with someone in the admissions office. They are having a meeting on FRIDAY 🙂() to discuss final decisions for the class. The person I spoke to said they will be mailing out SNAIL MAIL letters next week with decisions. Gah! I can't wait any longer. It's driving me nutssssss!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What a day to have a meeting 🙄
Too much waiting! Too much!I hope we're not like...the sh*tty applicants they're not sure they want...🙁
No way. That just makes me 🙁
I hope we're not like...the sh*tty applicants they're not sure they want...🙁
I thought the same thing! I was born on a Friday the 13th, and I like to think it's a lucky day for me (I have no proof of this). So hopefully we'll all hear good news! Or at least waiting list news?!?
Too much waiting! Too much!I hope we're not like...the sh*tty applicants they're not sure they want...🙁
Rather be near the top of the "not sure we want" list then the top of the "hell no" list, at least. In is in! 😉
Just spoke with someone in the admissions office. They are having a meeting on FRIDAY 🙂() to discuss final decisions for the class. The person I spoke to said they will be mailing out SNAIL MAIL letters next week with decisions. Gah! I can't wait any longer. It's driving me nutssssss!!
We're back to snail mail again!? Augh!

Awww, sorry to hear that the torture continues for you guys 🙁. Hope none of you break my 65 day wait record! The waiting is torture, but try and relax (much easier to say after you've heard), your news will come. Hoping it's good news and you forget all about the torture of waiting when you hear like I have. Hang in there!
Admissions seems to be going really slow this year, but I think it's just because we're all so awesome. They are having the meeting to duke it out. They're saying so and so should be accepted, then another admissions person says no we can't accept them because then we'd have to reject so and so and they're awesome too and back and forth
Admissions seems to be going really slow this year, but I think it's just because we're all so awesome. They are having the meeting to duke it out. They're saying so and so should be accepted, then another admissions person says no we can't accept them because then we'd have to reject so and so and they're awesome too and back and forth
