Ohio c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, Katie8, unfortunately everyone who is accepted is interviewed first, so if they're done with interviews, I would assume that means a rejection :(.

Aww, Bismark, I'm sure they were super surprised and happy for you. Keeping the secret for 5 days is half the fun. I know I couldn't keep it a secret that long.

I wish I were kidding, but no less than three relatives I spoke with by phone yesterday asked me if I had applied to / was accepted at Cornell. One even cut me off to ask before I mentioned that I was accepted to the Ohio State University. Guess they're eager for water-cooler bragging rights and Ohio just doesn't have the same ring for them.

Family: can't live with them, can't live without them :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Katie8, unfortunately everyone who is accepted is interviewed first, so if they're done with interviews, I would assume that means a rejection :(.

Aww, Bismark, I'm sure they were super surprised and happy for you. Keeping the secret for 5 days is half the fun. I know I couldn't keep it a secret that long.
Blah well there's at least one envelope that I know what will be inside. Only six more to freak out over!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Any other Ohio applicants that haven't heard squat?

I feel like this happened last year - they did a bunch of interviews, notified those interviewed, and then rejected everyone else MUCH later. As much as I'd like to believe the "no news is good news" thing right now, I'd kind of rather just know that I'm out of the running. Given that they didn't want me as an IS applicant last year. :rolleyes:

I am an IS who hasn't heard anything yet. I interviewed on 12/9 and I can't remember who else reported something similar, but I would say that OS vs IS interviewees that day was at LEAST 50/50. I talked with one gentlemen that said about 150 of those interviewed were IS, which makes the odds for us fairly good. Just tired of waiting around!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an IS who hasn't heard anything yet. I interviewed on 12/9 and I can't remember who else reported something similar, but I would say that OS vs IS interviewees that day was at LEAST 50/50. I talked with one gentlemen that said about 150 of those interviewed were IS, which makes the odds for us fairly good. Just tired of waiting around!

Ugh, no kidding! When I interviewed, it seemed like nearly everyone was OOS (and a TON from the east coast, New York/Jersey area). I interviewed on 12/10 (OOS).

I've very quickly learned exactly when my mail gets delivered. :laugh: I just hope my neighbors didn't see me running out there this morning with my high messy ponytail, robe, and slippers! :luck: and :xf: for all of us! Can't they just let us all in? :nod:

Ugh, no kidding! When I interviewed, it seemed like nearly everyone was OOS (and a TON from the east coast, New York/Jersey area). I interviewed on 12/10 (OOS).

I've very quickly learned exactly when my mail gets delivered. :laugh: I just hope my neighbors didn't see me running out there this morning with my high messy ponytail, robe, and slippers! :luck: and :xf: for all of us! Can't they just let us all in? :nod:
Wouldn't that be nice?! I wish it was the case, everyone I met on my interview day was so friendly and open. I have to say I was also surprised by the number of people interested in LA vs SA. I just assumed that there would be a lot of folks leaning toward SA (as seemed to be the trend) but I think myself and one other girl were the only ones interested exclusively in SA.

Definitely good luck to you, I hope you find out sooner than later!

I know exactly when the mail goes too. No news yet :(. Come on OSU, you have to let us know soon! There are so many of us waiting. I feel like I've been waiting forever! Having this entire week off work has definitely not been a good thing. I need something to keep my mind occupied, I've been thinking about admissions all week!

I know exactly when the mail goes too. No news yet :(. Come on OSU, you have to let us know soon! There are so many of us waiting. I feel like I've been waiting forever! Having this entire week off work has definitely not been a good thing. I need something to keep my mind occupied, I've been thinking about admissions all week!

UGH darn you squirrel... you had me all excited again when I saw your name on this thread lol... you are banned from SDN until you have a definite answer!! :p;)

UGH darn you squirrel... you had me all excited again when I saw your name on this thread lol... you are banned from SDN until you have a definite answer!! :p;)

Wow, Squirrels, you can't post ANYWHERE safely anymore! :p

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO TALK ON THIS THREAD! Haha everytime i see this bumped I think someone's finally heard! And I have YET to get my rejection!!! That's almost as aggravating! Just get it done with!

lol, hopefully I'll have good news to post soon and then I'll be allowed to post again :). I keep going to bed thinking maybe tomorrow will be the day, then tomorrow comes and goes and still no news :(. Gotta stay optimistic though, they have to send news sometime!

lol, hopefully I'll have good news to post soon and then I'll be allowed to post again :). I keep going to bed thinking maybe tomorrow will be the day, then tomorrow comes and goes and still no news :(. Gotta stay optimistic though, they have to send news sometime!

Bad squirrel! Bad! No nuts for you! :mad:

j/k :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all just a quick update that I received my formal (notice) letter of acceptance via email this morning. I got called earlier so no need to congratulate me again if you're just joining the thread. Hoping the figurative dam bursts today and many others get letters.

Edit: as a note from the Office of Student Affairs. Letter from Office of Professional Admissions to be forthcoming.

Last edited:
So you received your official acceptance via email, not regular mail? Have we been stalking the mailman for no reason? I went out too early today and the mail hadn't gone yet, then I actually was watching til it came (like 5 minutes late!), I am officially a mailman stalker lol. Nothing today though :(. Maybe we'll get emails though. So, they called you, then they emailed, then they're sending something in the mail. Why can't they just call the rest of us already!

Oh, and another question for you Bismark... Have you checked your buckeyelink page since being accepted? I'm wondering how long after you were notified it was before the status on the page changed from in review to accepted (or if it has changed at all yet).

Same thing happened for me as for Bismarck. And my Buckeyelink still says "In review."

Nothing today for me. I did specifically ask whether it would be snail or e-mail when I called Student Affairs, and they said snail. But, who knows? I don't care if they send it via carrier pidgeon at this point! I just wanna know!

Me too Nordicat, this is getting a bit ridiculous, just let us know already!

My Buckeyelink still says in review too. Sorry if I stewed the pot on this one, but figured some news better than no news.

Still sounds like office of professional admissions will be reaching people at a later date (snail mail?). No idea if that is how everyone else will be notified of decisions.

Wouldn't that be nice?! I wish it was the case, everyone I met on my interview day was so friendly and open. I have to say I was also surprised by the number of people interested in LA vs SA. I just assumed that there would be a lot of folks leaning toward SA (as seemed to be the trend) but I think myself and one other girl were the only ones interested exclusively in SA.

Definitely good luck to you, I hope you find out sooner than later!

That's what I thought too! It seemed like everyone I talked to was interested in LA!

I haven't been on here in a week, and I have to say, it really helped with the stress level. I stopped freaking out a little bit. :)

Anything? Anybody?

Nooooooooooooooothing yet. :( My postman didn't even come on time today, so I had to leave for work and put my hubby on stalkerduty! Apparently nothing came, though...I'm starting to get worried. First OSU, and now Cornell (which I assumed would be unlikely, but still...) is calling people this week and I haven't heard a peep from either! :scared:

:xf:that we all start getting some happy letters VERY SOON.

NOTHING! I am going crazy waiting! At least it's back to work for me now, that week off was torture waiting for the mail and the phone and checking email nonstop all day. At least now I have to focus on something else for 8 hours of the day :thumbup:. Do you guys think they'll let us know by the 6th? Somehow I don't think they're gonna stick to the Dec. 20th-Jan 6th thing. I plan to call on Friday around 3 in the afternoon if I haven't heard anything yet to see what's up. The longer the wait the more :scared: I get.

NOTHING! I am going crazy waiting! At least it's back to work for me now, that week off was torture waiting for the mail and the phone and checking email nonstop all day. At least now I have to focus on something else for 8 hours of the day :thumbup:. Do you guys think they'll let us know by the 6th? Somehow I don't think they're gonna stick to the Dec. 20th-Jan 6th thing. I plan to call on Friday around 3 in the afternoon if I haven't heard anything yet to see what's up. The longer the wait the more :scared: I get.

Work kept me busy and did not allow me to check my e-mail or SDN, but now it's back to school and I am now only busy for half of the day. Funny story, I could not open my mail box at my appartment, but I saw an envelope in there and started freaking out. I ran inside and got my roommate to open it with her key only to find out that it was a belated Christmas letter from one of her friends. She could not understand why I was so disappointed. I wanted to just start crying.
I am really starting to think that I have rejected. At this point I would just like to know something, Anything.

Sorry for the ranting, I know the rest of those still waiting must feel the same way. Here's to hoping that we all hear something soon!!!! :luck:

Don't jump to conclusions- none of us have heard (well, most of us anyway), and there's no way we all got rejected!
It's comforting to me that we're all in the same boat. Don't freak out until you're the last one to hear! :)

Don't jump to conclusions- none of us have heard (well, most of us anyway), and there's no way we all got rejected!
It's comforting to me that we're all in the same boat. Don't freak out until you're the last one to hear! :)

I know, I think all of us in the same boat is a good sign, but it really doesn't help with the mental struggle. It's like a struggle from accepting that you are gonna be rejected to holding out hope that you're in and back and forth. I HATE it! I am such an optimist too, that each day I wake up hoping today will be the day and each evening I'm disappointed, then hopeful that the next day will bring good news, or at this point any news!

What makes me the most :scared: is that they haven't sent out ANY rejections it seems. The people that didn't get invited to interviews still haven't heard that they aren't in. Then I start thinking what if they really don't like the people that interviewed and are thinking of doing another round and we'll have to wait even longer :eek:.

Time for work though, so I get a break from thinking about this for 8 hours :thumbup:, maybe by the time I get home I'll have some good news, one can hope.

I know, I think all of us in the same boat is a good sign, but it really doesn't help with the mental struggle. It's like a struggle from accepting that you are gonna be rejected to holding out hope that you're in and back and forth. I HATE it! I am such an optimist too, that each day I wake up hoping today will be the day and each evening I'm disappointed, then hopeful that the next day will bring good news, or at this point any news!

What makes me the most :scared: is that they haven't sent out ANY rejections it seems. The people that didn't get invited to interviews still haven't heard that they aren't in. Then I start thinking what if they really don't like the people that interviewed and are thinking of doing another round and we'll have to wait even longer :eek:.

Time for work though, so I get a break from thinking about this for 8 hours :thumbup:, maybe by the time I get home I'll have some good news, one can hope.

It's the same mental anguish I am experiencing as well. My mother yesterday suggested that I was bipolar in my emotions towards Ohio - because I keep switching from positive to negative. They really do know how to make us anxious!!

I agree though, those rejected don't even know yet... So it makes you wonder, what are they waiting for?

Nothing for me today. The mail was already here at 10:45am! Come on, guys...that CAN'T be all the mail for today THAT early! :laugh:

:soexcited::soexcited: I'm in :soexcited::soexcited:. I am beyond excited! Still in shock :D. I was notified via email at 1:30 this afternoon. So, check your emails guys. Oh and don't be scared of the no subject thing, mine had none but was good news :).

Beyond ecstatic! Hoping you guys will be getting some soon too. OSU class of 2016 is gonna be the awesomest ever!

Good for you Squirrels!

:soexcited::soexcited: I'm in :soexcited::soexcited:. I am beyond excited! Still in shock :D. I was notified via email at 1:30 this afternoon. So, check your emails guys. Oh and don't be scared of the no subject thing, mine had none but was good news :).

Beyond ecstatic! Hoping you guys will be getting some soon too. OSU class of 2016 is gonna be the awesomest ever!

Omg congrats! Post in the acceptance thread!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :soexcited::highfive::biglove:

OMG, I just read this and checked my e-mail. I'M IN!!!!!! This is the best day ever. Congrats Squirrels, you deserve it.

CONGRATS SQUIRRELS!!!!!:soexcited::highfive::clap::bow::love:

Finally!
....but, alas, nothing here yet...

Congrats!!! I was hoping you would get accepted. :) I didn't apply to OSU, but I'm hanging out in Columbus right now visiting someone. I know several veterinarians who say OSU is the best, but they may be bias because that's the school they attended. :p Congrats again!!! You deserved it.

Congrats to everyone else who has or will be accepted into OSU as well. :)

Squirrels & Marino, are you both IS? Maybe they're sending acceptances to IS peeps first? :xf::xf::xf::xf:

CONGRATULATIONS to you both, though!! :love:
(personally, between Cornell and OSU this week, I'm dying a little inside :()

I'm IS. Marino put IS in the interview invite thread, so looks like we're both IS.

Hoping you get an email real soon Nordicat!

I hope it's not that, I hope they are just sending them out in batches. I, too, am suffering from a case of the major bummers.
But still, so happy for you two!

Congrats Squirrels!

I'm IS and nothing for me yet either. I even went through my Spam mail to see if I missed it somehow. But no love :(

I will go crawl under my desk now.

Aww, keep your hopes up guys, they are probably just getting started!

Out of curiosity I checked my buckeye link page and my status changed to Decision and the more info thing said congratulations! You've been accepted :). So, check your status pages too maybe they updated that and just haven't gotten the email out yet? It could happen :).

Out of curiosity I checked my buckeye link page and my status changed to Decision and the more info thing said congratulations! You've been accepted :). So, check your status pages too maybe they updated that and just haven't gotten the email out yet? It could happen :).

Mine still says "In Review" :scared:

Edit: ...which is better than "You suck! Rejecteeeeed!"

Last edited:
Congratulations on your news Squirrels, Guess they found that post-it note after all :)

My account still says "In review" and I've known since 12/20. FWIW.

Also Nordicat, we're all hoping you pull it off (and not even approach Squirrel's longevity in waiting, that record need not be broken ever).

Tomorrow's another day, no? Perhaps the person sending the e-mails broke a nail...or got a papercut from Squirrel's post-it note? :laugh:

Thanks, Bismarck :love: That makes me feel a little better!