Ohio c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Holy Moses! CONGRATS!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

woah, CONGRATS!!!

just wait it out, it'll be fun!!!

I literally just got my phone call from April Pugh and have been offered a seat for the class of 2016. I'm debating whether to tell my family tonight when everyone comes in or announce it Christmas morning as a surprise. Waiting on my older brother to come up from Maryland.

/woot!

Hi OH Bunny Girl, I'm from Northeast Ohio too :). Is this your first time applying? When did you interview? I think us ISers are in for the longest wait :(

I'm a non-trad applicant, and this is actually my 4th time applying, but first time for an interview (I have had MULTIPLE post-app meetings with admissions, and apparently they actually do help!)

I interviewed 12/12, and it seems like they interviewed 3X as many OOS and IS (at least on my day). So I don't know if that's good or bad?

Members don't see this ad :)
I literally just got my phone call from April Pugh and have been offered a seat for the class of 2016. I'm debating whether to tell my family tonight when everyone comes in or announce it Christmas morning as a surprise. Waiting on my older brother to come up from Maryland.

/woot!

Congrats Bismarck !!! I would announce it at Xmas, but I dunno if I could keep it in THAT long.

/woot!

OMG Congrats! So we all must keep our phones charged and connected to our hips?!?

Yeah, had my phone in my pocket and saw the 614 area code and knew what it was before I picked up. I'm a pretty calm guy so I didn't sprint around the house when I took the call :) Nobody else in the house knows I took the call yet and I intend to keep it that way until at least Christmas eve.

Will let you know how my experiment goes :)

Oh man, 4th time, I hope you get good news this year!

CONGRATS Bismark! Hoping they call soon! There is still hope :).

I do not want to call admissions :scared:, just wait it out and follow the packet. If I don't hear anything by Jan. 6th then I'll be on the phone with them. Probably from the loony bin!

Congrats Bismarck!!

And squirrels, every time you post, I have to click the thread and read it! I'm rooting for you!!! :xf:

Guys, I almost died. I just got a call from an unknown number and I picked up and it was a stupid solicitation. I think that was the cruelest form of torture yet devised. Commence freaking out on my part.

Yeah, had my phone in my pocket and saw the 614 area code and knew what it was before I picked up. I'm a pretty calm guy so I didn't sprint around the house when I took the call :) Nobody else in the house knows I took the call yet and I intend to keep it that way until at least Christmas eve.

Will let you know how my experiment goes :)

nice one

/woot!

This is the best kind of struggle! Congrats!! :thumbup:

Squirrelsrule I cheering for you! I really hope you get good news sooner than all of us!! You have been so patiently waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, I almost died. I just got a call from an unknown number and I picked up and it was a stupid solicitation. I think that was the cruelest form of torture yet devised. Commence freaking out on my part.

Not freaking cool yo! I check my email, phone, everything every 10 minutes? Can't focus on my finals. This week is torture!

Oh man, 4th time, I hope you get good news this year!

CONGRATS Bismark! Hoping they call soon! There is still hope :).

I do not want to call admissions :scared:, just wait it out and follow the packet. If I don't hear anything by Jan. 6th then I'll be on the phone with them. Probably from the loony bin!

suirrlesrule, I am now p'od for you! haha. This is NONSENSE. They should have freaking called you by now the big jerks! I hope you get it!!!! :)

suirrlesrule, I am now p'od for you! haha. This is NONSENSE. They should have freaking called you by now the big jerks! I hope you get it!!!! :)

I am imagining someone moving a stack of folders in the student affairs office and finally seeing a faded sticky note for the first time that reads: "Call squirrelsrule"

Office: Whoops :eek:

Office: *Frantic, apologetic phone call*

Squirrelsrule: :D

Not sure what the epilogue to this story is, but probably involves sunshine, rainbows, unicorns, and puppies. Lots of puppies

Not sure what the epilogue to this story is, but probably involves sunshine, rainbows, unicorns, and puppies. Lots of puppies[/QUOTE]

bahahah

yes. always.lots of puppies.

Another day has begun :thumbup:. Hopefully we all get a phone call today!

Eh....I guess no news is good news? They don't seem to have done any mass acceptances yet, so I think we're still good! :) Last year the big e-mail went out December 22nd, it looks like.

Also, I called up the IT department and got my login, just because I was paranoid that my status might say "Reject! Reject!" or something equally dismal.:laugh: It doesn't; it just says that it's been referred to the school of vet med for consideration (which sure is better than "FAIL!").

I just really, really hope we get in. It would be awesome to meet and work with you all!!!:love:

Yeah, nothing today. Getting sick of the no news is good news thought. I just want some news. Getting a little impatient. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day! I'll be checking my email constantly.

I hope you get in squirrels! Is OSU still open tommorow?

Faculty and staff academic calender seems to show that they will be there through Friday. They have Monday and Tuesday off for Christmas it looks like. Hopefully they decide to make some calls before Christmas.

So, I caved & called Student Affairs :)

GOOD NEWS for those who haven't heard anything yet! They are NOT done sending out acceptances! Shayna said that they are sending LETTERS (aka snail mail) over the next few weeks and, like was said before, everyone will know before the end of January. Sooo...it's a work-in-progress and we shouldn't freak out. :highfive:
Hope that makes some people feel better. I know I feel a little better knowing I'm not definitely in the reject pile.

I feel a little better, but letters, really, why not just call or email and then send the official letters. I guess we should all just sit tight and prepare for a long wait.

I feel a little better, but letters, really, why not just call or email and then send the official letters. I guess we should all just sit tight and prepare for a long wait.

Squirrels I am in complete agreement. Seriously, snail mail?!?! Why? Especially with all this wondrous technology we have nowadays! Ugh, waiting blows...

Squirrels I am in complete agreement. Seriously, snail mail?!?! Why? Especially with all this wondrous technology we have nowadays! Ugh, waiting blows...

Last year, someone never got the e-mail notification of their acceptance and didn't find out until they called and asked what was up...but yeah, they totally *could* do both. That would be nice!

:xf: for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD NEWS for those who haven't heard anything yet! They are NOT done sending out acceptances! Shayna said that they are sending LETTERS (aka snail mail) over the next few weeks and, like was said before, everyone will know before the end of January. Sooo...it's a work-in-progress and we shouldn't freak out. :highfive:
Hope that makes some people feel better. I know I feel a little better knowing I'm not definitely in the reject pile.

Thanks for the update! I don't know if my anxious self can stand to wait for a letter! Arrrrrrrrrrrrg :scared:

Does anyone know why they gave us the dates (Dec 20- Jan 6) in our welcome booklet then? Typo? I'm thinking Jan 7th their server is going to crash with calls :)

Does anyone know why they gave us the dates (Dec 20- Jan 6) in our welcome booklet then? Typo? I'm thinking Jan 7th their server is going to crash with calls :)

I wonder if that's the mailing window and they're just saying "before the end of January" to account for people it may take a bit to get to? Who knows....*grumble grumble* :rolleyes:

If I haven't found out one way or the other by January 7th, I'll definitely be on the phone. Luckily, I'm not too far from OSU so the letter shouldn't take too long to get here. If they send them out today or tomorrow, we could actually get them before they're open again on Wednesday. Of course, it would be so much easier if they just called or emailed. They could do that and then send the letter out so if you don't get the email, you'd get the letter. What if a letter gets lost in the mail :eek:, how'd you ever know. I'd say it'd be best to call and send the letter, then you're sure the person gets the message. Oh well, we don't get to choose, we just get to suffer the effects of their choices.

Any other Ohio applicants that haven't heard squat?

I feel like this happened last year - they did a bunch of interviews, notified those interviewed, and then rejected everyone else MUCH later. As much as I'd like to believe the "no news is good news" thing right now, I'd kind of rather just know that I'm out of the running. Given that they didn't want me as an IS applicant last year. :rolleyes:

Try to keep your hopes up Whyevernot! I know it's hard with this crazy wait and especially since you've been down this road before and it ended with bad news. It doesn't look like OSU is doing anything like they did last year. I don't know of anyone that got accepted the same day they interviewed and that was pretty common last year. Last year there was a mass emailing out of acceptances on the 22nd. That didn't seem to happen this year. I vote just hang tight and hope for the best.

And yes, you're definitely not alone in the waiting game, there are several of us!

Too many of us! They shouldn't do this to us before Christmas!

Thanks for posting this info NordiCat. That is interesting that they will be sending letters this year. It seems like everything is different this application cycle compared to last year. Oh well for easing the anxiety though, now I am going to stalk the mailman. I hope we all hear something soon! Good luck guys and happy waiting.:luck:

Any other Ohio applicants that haven't heard squat?

I feel like this happened last year - they did a bunch of interviews, notified those interviewed, and then rejected everyone else MUCH later. As much as I'd like to believe the "no news is good news" thing right now, I'd kind of rather just know that I'm out of the running. Given that they didn't want me as an IS applicant last year. :rolleyes:

I'm also a repeat IS applicant. Last year I was monitoring my status online and it was just stuck in "evaluation" and then all of a sudden I couldn't log in any more and kept getting error messages, so I called and they wouldn't give me a straight answer (I don't really think they can?) and then I got a rejection by mail.

So don't give up hope yet, but you better your bottom I will be calling Jan 9th at 8am.

:xf::xf::xf::xf:

Right now the mailing thing isn't sounding so bad. If they mailed them yesterday, we could get them Monday or Tuesday and the offices are closed both Monday and Tuesday for Christmas, so we could get the news faster by mail. Of course if they mailed yesterday, that means they could have called us or emailed yesterday, but just trying to look at the upside :thumbup:.

*has Monty Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" stuck in her head now!*

Good point, Squirrels! Merry Christmas, everyone :)

definitely not digging the whole mail thing because i went home for christmas.. meaning i wont be checking my mailbox until after the new year when i get back to school! :(

not to let you down squirrelsrule but the post office is closed monday, try to enjoy the weekend and not think about it though!

That stinks to be gone til the new year, but with the way things look now we probably won't have heard anything by then anyways :(. I forgot the post office is closed Monday :(. Still have Tuesday when we could hear something and OSU is closed Tuesday. :xf: Hoping we all get news soon and it's good news :xf:

Made it through 5 days for my experiment. Verdict: toss-up.

My dad and brothers were pretty "meh" about it, mom was more emotional. I'd say I would have gotten same reactions had I told them about my acceptance on 12/20. On flip side, it was sorta fun to play coy when asked if not getting any info/call from Ohio meant they didn't want me (not a great fibber but somehow sold my story that I hadn't heard anything :) )

Hoping others will get a letter/call/email/smoke signal soon (that Santa forget!)

Made it through 5 days for my experiment. Verdict: toss-up.

My dad and brothers were pretty "meh" about it, mom was more emotional. I'd say I would have gotten same reactions had I told them about my acceptance on 12/20. On flip side, it was sorta fun to play coy when asked if not getting any info/call from Ohio meant they didn't want me (not a great fibber but somehow sold my story that I hadn't heard anything :) )

Hoping others will get a letter/call/email/smoke signal soon (that Santa forget!)

I'm sure your Dad and brothers were super proud of you and full of warm fuzzies, even if they didn't show it. How could they not be?! :)

I'm in the same boat!! I called the admissions office last week and the woman I spoke with said they are done with all interview :( and they will be mailing everyone in January...I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I'm worried that this just mean rejection for those who haven't been interviewed since I believe a previous post mentioned that everyone who is accepted has had an interview?!?! ugh I hate waiting for the mail...

Yes, Katie8, unfortunately everyone who is accepted is interviewed first, so if they're done with interviews, I would assume that means a rejection :(.

Aww, Bismark, I'm sure they were super surprised and happy for you. Keeping the secret for 5 days is half the fun. I know I couldn't keep it a secret that long.