You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants
Started by mmmdreamerz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ditto!Just checked mine. My app said the same thing, completed on the same day and when I clicked the link, it just opened my email.
Hopefully it is a good sign!
I think we're over thinking a bit but it's understandable! Last year interview invites went out 11/20 which was a Friday. So maybe we can expect to hear something next Friday or the following! Just a guess.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
So last year they sent a few early interview invites to people in November that were their top picks. The rest were sent in December in waves. For example, I got my email for an interview last year on Dec. 16.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So last year they sent a few early interview invites to people in November that were their top picks. The rest were sent in December in waves. For example, I got my email for an interview last year on Dec. 16.
Did you interview there last year? How was it?
Did you interview there last year? How was it?
Yes, I did interview there last year. The school itself is great. It is huge, and there are amazing facilities. All of the students I talked to said: they really like the school and the other students there, but with a class of 162, it can get crowded. They also mentioned not having much hands-on experience with animals early on, and not really getting those opportunities in a classroom setting until third year. There are wet labs starting first semester and clubs you can join though that give you hands on experience. However, that is outside of class time. I liked Columbus a lot. It is a city, so it's nice to have the school be located in a big city because there were a lot of restaurants and things to do. There are tons of different grocery stores, and easy access to major other stores like target. Can't beat the rent as well!
The interviews for the students on my day varied. Some had more behavioral questions others had very specific questions. For my interview, I was caught off guard by the questions I was asked. My friends and I were told we would be asked these certain questions, and to be prepared for those. I prepared myself well for the interview, then when it came down to it I was asked totally different questions. So to sum it up, just be prepared for everything that may come at you! Leaving there I felt I only did "ok". I wasn't very happy with it since I wasn't able to answer many questions about myself personally and why I would make a good vet. The questions they asked were not about that unfortunately. So if you do get an interview, definitely rehearse everything possible! I'm very lucky to have had that process and actually interview though, because this time I will be much more prepared.
Yes, I did interview there last year. The school itself is great. It is huge, and there are amazing facilities. All of the students I talked to said: they really like the school and the other students there, but with a class of 162, it can get crowded. They also mentioned not having much hands-on experience with animals early on, and not really getting those opportunities in a classroom setting until third year. There are wet labs starting first semester and clubs you can join though that give you hands on experience. However, that is outside of class time. I liked Columbus a lot. It is a city, so it's nice to have the school be located in a big city because there were a lot of restaurants and things to do. There are tons of different grocery stores, and easy access to major other stores like target. Can't beat the rent as well!
The interviews for the students on my day varied. Some had more behavioral questions others had very specific questions. For my interview, I was caught off guard by the questions I was asked. My friends and I were told we would be asked these certain questions, and to be prepared for those. I prepared myself well for the interview, then when it came down to it I was asked totally different questions. So to sum it up, just be prepared for everything that may come at you! Leaving there I felt I only did "ok". I wasn't very happy with it since I wasn't able to answer many questions about myself personally and why I would make a good vet. The questions they asked were not about that unfortunately. So if you do get an interview, definitely rehearse everything possible! I'm very lucky to have had that process and actually interview though, because this time I will be much more prepared.
Thanks, that's really helpful! Did they ask more about stuff in terms of current events in veterinary medicine?
Yes, I did interview there last year. The school itself is great. It is huge, and there are amazing facilities. All of the students I talked to said: they really like the school and the other students there, but with a class of 162, it can get crowded. They also mentioned not having much hands-on experience with animals early on, and not really getting those opportunities in a classroom setting until third year. There are wet labs starting first semester and clubs you can join though that give you hands on experience. However, that is outside of class time. I liked Columbus a lot. It is a city, so it's nice to have the school be located in a big city because there were a lot of restaurants and things to do. There are tons of different grocery stores, and easy access to major other stores like target. Can't beat the rent as well!
The interviews for the students on my day varied. Some had more behavioral questions others had very specific questions. For my interview, I was caught off guard by the questions I was asked. My friends and I were told we would be asked these certain questions, and to be prepared for those. I prepared myself well for the interview, then when it came down to it I was asked totally different questions. So to sum it up, just be prepared for everything that may come at you! Leaving there I felt I only did "ok". I wasn't very happy with it since I wasn't able to answer many questions about myself personally and why I would make a good vet. The questions they asked were not about that unfortunately. So if you do get an interview, definitely rehearse everything possible! I'm very lucky to have had that process and actually interview though, because this time I will be much more prepared.
I absolutely lovvve C-bus and and OMG all the money they've put into the school lately makes me drool. 😍
I'm excited about Ohio, but that first year tuition though... $117,000!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm excited about Ohio, but that first year tuition though... $117,000!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
???????? What?? Don't you mean 67k or whatever? Or are you including cost of living? Which still seems pretty high? 😵
Hmm I'm getting two different figures for COA for Ohio. I'm not sure which is correct.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hmm I'm getting two different figures for COA for Ohio. I'm not sure which is correct. View attachment 210924View attachment 210926
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I can't really read those, but from what I understand it should cost about $165k in tuition only for all 4 years for a non-resident.
I can't really read those, but from what I understand it should cost about $165k in tuition only for all 4 years for a non-resident.
Hmm, well let's hope it's on the lower end. I'm only going to start worrying about it if I get an interview.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hmm, well let's hope it's on the lower end. I'm only going to start worrying about it if I get an interview.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Very true, haha
Someone is probably updating the webpage and made a oopsies. That's more than a $20,000 difference from last year's OOS COA. While OSU loves taking monies from sad little students, they usually do it with slowly upward creeping tuition costs and new fees, not by increasing costs by huge leaps and bounds.
Thanks, that's really helpful! Did they ask more about stuff in terms of current events in veterinary medicine?
Nope, nothing about that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, nothing about that.
Do you recall what time of day you received your interview invite? Do you know if there's a typical time of day when they send them?
Do you recall what time of day you received your interview invite? Do you know if there's a typical time of day when they send them?
The first batch went out around 4pm last year, but I think the second round was earlier in the day than that. I wouldn't get too hung up on time of day though, it's really hard to say.
Re: current events question - I didn't explicitly get that question in my interview last year either, but it is good to convey understanding of current issues in how you respond to some other questions. For example, I was asked what roles veterinarians play in society, and I briefly included some examples of current events that veterinarians were involved in while answering that question.
Hmm, well let's hope it's on the lower end. I'm only going to start worrying about it if I get an interview.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Definitely shouldn't be 117k for first year as an OOS student. A friend of mine who is OOS and will be applying for residency took out about 80k this year I think.
Lol, oh. Thank you.Just so everyone knows I heard OSU results are moving slower this year due to the delayed GRE scores and we shouldn't expect to hear anything until December (I know someone who works at OSU vet school)
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Do you recall what time of day you received your interview invite? Do you know if there's a typical time of day when they send them?
It is still in my email when I just looked now.. so it was at 10:38am on Dec. 16th. The subject heading said: "OSU CVM Interview Invitation". It was from Sandra Dawkins.
At least they straight up say the truth in the subject rather than the dreaded "Applicant Status" lololIt is still in my email when I just looked now.. so it was at 10:38am on Dec. 16th. The subject heading said: "OSU CVM Interview Invitation". It was from Sandra Dawkins.
The first batch went out around 4pm last year, but I think the second round was earlier in the day than that. I wouldn't get too hung up on time of day though, it's really hard to say.
Re: current events question - I didn't explicitly get that question in my interview last year either, but it is good to convey understanding of current issues in how you respond to some other questions. For example, I was asked what roles veterinarians play in society, and I briefly included some examples of current events that veterinarians were involved in while answering that question.
"I was asked what roles veterinarians play in society". Yes, I was asked the same.
Is there anyone who DOESN'T have the Community Enrollment Question completed on their application status page?
Does anyone know when OOS interviews will be? I swear I saw dates somewhere, and now I can't find them.
I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I'd hate to have to miss an OSU interview because I've scheduled a different one at that time!
I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I'd hate to have to miss an OSU interview because I've scheduled a different one at that time!
I just looked on the website:
January 5, 6, 7, 16, 23, 30!
January 5, 6, 7, 16, 23, 30!
I just looked on the website:
January 5, 6, 7, 16, 23, 30!
Thanks! Do you know if we choose a date, or does OSU choose the date for us?
No idea unfortunately 🙁
Last year, we got to choose!Thanks! Do you know if we choose a date, or does OSU choose the date for us?
I just looked on the website:
January 5, 6, 7, 16, 23, 30!
Where on the website are these dates posted? Mind sharing a link? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You always get to choose your date/time, but, as with all things, the later you're invited to interview the fewer choices you will have and some days will be booked up completely by the time some people get invited to interview.
I just looked on the website:
January 5, 6, 7, 16, 23, 30!
These dates are for last year's cycle....January 2016
Oops! I tried hahaThese dates are for last year's cycle....January 2016
Is there anyone who DOESN'T have the Community Enrollment Question completed on their application status page?
I don't..
Are you looking in the right place? Hit application status on the main menu page (lower left corner), then from there click the admissions requirements tab. First thing should be when you submitted your supplemental, then the community enrollment question.I don't..
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
These dates are for last year's cycle....January 2016
Not sure on exact dates but I know they are similar this year. OSU likes to have several dates during that first week on Jan because no classes.
Last edited:
They interviewed a little over 400 people last year I believe.
Wow!! Seems like a lot. Do you know roughly how many applicants they get? I think they have one of the largest (if not the largest) class sizes of all the US schools, so it makes sense!They interviewed a little over 400 people last year I believe.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Wow!! Seems like a lot. Do you know roughly how many applicants they get? I think they have one of the largest (if not the largest) class sizes of all the US schools, so it makes sense!
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
I believe Dr. Lord said they had 1300 apps this year
The class size is 162 and I'm pretty sure it's the biggest
Wow!! Seems like a lot. Do you know roughly how many applicants they get? I think they have one of the largest (if not the largest) class sizes of all the US schools, so it makes sense!
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
I believe Dr. Lord said they had 1300 apps this year
The class size is 162 and I'm pretty sure it's the biggest
Yep on all counts. There were about 1200 applicants last year, and there were a bit more than that this year. So, making it to the interview stage is definitely making it past a pretty big cut in the applicant pool.
Doesn't sound good for me, hahah. Hope we will hear soon!Yep on all counts. There were about 1200 applicants last year, and there were a bit more than that this year. So, making it to the interview stage is definitely making it past a pretty big cut in the applicant pool.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Hey, you never know 🙂 Good luck!
Are you looking in the right place? Hit application status on the main menu page (lower left corner), then from there click the admissions requirements tab. First thing should be when you submitted your supplemental, then the community enrollment question.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
The link I use to sign in is my.osu.edu. Can you send me the other link?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I use buckeyelink.osu.edu/futurestudents.html to sign in. From there I go to the application status page.The link I use to sign in is my.osu.edu. Can you send me the other link?
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Is there anyone who DOESN'T have the Community Enrollment Question completed on their application status page?
Ok the link you sent me worked. I will use that from now on.. I did use it last year (my info. is in there from last year too). I guess I forgot how to get the link. Everything says "completed", including the community enrollment question.
There you go!Ok the link you sent me worked. I will use that from now on.. I did use it last year (my info. is in there from last year too). I guess I forgot how to get the link. Everything says "completed", including the community enrollment question.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
It was supposed to start by the end of November but they're apparently behind schedule
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile