Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine still says "pending"

I don't know if that's good or not...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What site are you using to view your portal? I don't see anything about my application status besides "Submitted" on my supplemental application. :dead:

What site are you using to view your portal? I don't see anything about my application status besides "Submitted" on my supplemental application. :dead:

Buckeye link...under future students and then application status

Sorry to hear about the rejections. Good luck with your other schools, we're rooting for you!

Also, if you don't mind, could you say if you are IS or OOS applicants?

For mine, the "Pending" status link was changed to "Decision." It said my application wasn't approved and that I'd hear more information soon.

I am an OOS applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from OSU about admissions timeline. Sending interview invites 5th-15th

I got an email from OSU about admissions timeline. Sending interview invites 5th-15th
I got the same email, just checked my portal and I also got the "your application has not been approved message"! Good luck to all of you who will get interview invites within the next few days!

Edit: I am a little confused though, because in the email it says that admissions decisions will be sent via email first, and then the portal will be updated.

Those of us saying our applications have not been approved, read the OSU email saying declines wont get sent out until Feb.....bizarre??? Ill be calling OSU here in a few minutes and can provide an update to you all.

Those of us saying our applications have not been approved, read the OSU email saying declines wont get sent out until Feb.....bizarre??? Ill be calling OSU here in a few minutes and can provide an update to you all.
I'm guessing they mean those they reject after interviews...?

Def let us know what you fine out!

For mine, the "Pending" status link was changed to "Decision." It said my application wasn't approved and that I'd hear more information soon.

I am an OOS applicant.
I think they just did rejections?...it'll say "decision" or "pending" and you click on it

Just out of curiosity, what does your last name start with? I'm at the end of the alphabet, and I'm trying to figure out if they go in alphabetical order in updating the portal and just haven't gotten to Ws yet (and potentially grab a pint of ice cream on my way home from class haha) or if pending is a good thing!

Just out of curiosity, what does your last name start with? I'm at the end of the alphabet, and I'm trying to figure out if they go in alphabetical order in updating the portal and just haven't gotten to Ws yet (and potentially grab a pint of ice cream on my way home from class haha) or if pending is a good thing!

But mine still says pending, so don't know if that's helpful or not

Last edited:
I got the same email, just checked my portal and I also got the "your application has not been approved message"! Good luck to all of you who will get interview invites within the next few days!

Edit: I am a little confused though, because in the email it says that admissions decisions will be sent via email first, and then the portal will be updated.
Yeah, confused about this as well. Gonna trust the portal, though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

D!

I think they mean after interviews. It also says that between Dec. 5 and 15 "Interview Invitations and Declines will be sent via email"

I'm guessing they mean those they reject after interviews...?

Def let us know what you fine out!
Disregard....my email list didnt load properly - decline notifications do get sent out starting today.

However file reviews can begin in February.

W here.
I'm out. Pending is good. Last time I applied I was "pending" until March, so I'm kinda salty about being out so quick, but slightly relieved to have one less unknown.
Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Just checked my portal, which still says pending. Hoping for some good news this year!

Did anybody else not realize the community enrollment question was there until now....?

Reactions: 1 user

Last name starts with an M!

My portal just updated, it was the sane rejection sentence previously mentioned ("We're sorry, your application was not approved. ..."). Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Are they sending out all rejections today? I haven't checked my portal yet.

Mine says pending and my last name starts with an R. I'm starting to hate this waiting game:confused:

Ok I just checked my buckeye link and it still says pending and my app is currently in review. PHEW! Almost had a heart attack. I interviewed last year, so I'm hoping I get interviewed again this year.

What is the link to the portal itself to check this information? I must be confused because I found myself at my submitted supplemental, ha. I have every other school's portal bookmarked but OSU's site eludes me.

They always decline a huge batch initially and, unfortunately, you usually find out through Buckeyelink way before you get the rejection e-mail. If you were rejected right away if usually means that you fell within the bottom quarter of applicants.

They have ranked everyone with a point system based on GPA/GRE/etc. and they made a cutoff that favored the top ~400 who will be offered interviews. Those who are immediately beneath that cut off line will be pending until interviews are over. They're the back ups if people with interviews don't show or decline their interviews.

Thank you!! It redirected me to some long-winded page saying about taking a different link but I found it.

It says "pending" and "application is currently in review" so I have more waiting to do. yikes!
I'm a little concerned because I just looked at my info and they only have one of my GRE score sets listed (the one from my first attempt last year). I made another attempt earlier this year which should have been submitted correctly via VMCAS, but it's not listed in the GRE section under Education & Tests tab > Test summary. Does anyone else have multiple GRE scores submitted?

Got an invite .... guess the community question wasn't mandatory lololol

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you!! It redirected me to some long-winded page saying about taking a different link but I found it.

It says "pending" and "application is currently in review" so I have more waiting to do. yikes!
I'm a little concerned because I just looked at my info and they only have one of my GRE score sets listed (the one from my first attempt last year). I made another attempt earlier this year which should have been submitted correctly via VMCAS, but it's not listed in the GRE section under Education & Tests tab > Test summary. Does anyone else have multiple GRE scores submitted?

Whoops, sorry. When I clicked on it before I sent it, it worked. Weird.. Glad you found it though.

They always decline a huge batch initially and, unfortunately, you usually find out through Buckeyelink way before you get the rejection e-mail. If you were rejected right away if usually means that you fell within the bottom quarter of applicants.

They have ranked everyone with a point system based on GPA/GRE/etc. and they made a cutoff that favored the top ~400 who will be offered interviews. Those who are immediately beneath that cut off line will be pending until interviews are over. They're the back ups if people with interviews don't show or decline their interviews.

Thanks for this

Did everyone get that Admission Timeline email today *including* those who got rejected and those who got interview invitations?

I got that email and my status is still "Pending" on my portal. I am getting nervous :(((

Invite!! :banana:

Reactions: 1 users