You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants
Started by mmmdreamerz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It looks like it's over, but just fyi to anyone trying to get in touch with anyone there:Not sure if everyone is watching the news, but OSU currently has an active shooter on campus. Lets all keep them in our thoughts/prayers...
"Law enforcement source warns parents and others NOT to call students who may be on the OSU campus. Phones may ring if they're hiding."
I hope everyone turns out okay. Such an unimaginably horrible situation.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The vet school is on lockdown but we are pretty removed from the situation as it is on main campus. Pray for those who are on main campus
Thank you for the update. I'm glad you guys are safe and I hope those not as lucky will make it through this.The vet school is on lockdown but we are pretty removed from the situation as it is on main campus. Pray for those who are on main campus
Our shelter in place order was lifted, the Columbus campus closed for the rest of the day. We are safe.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Scary stuff guys. Glad ya'll are okay!
FYI interview dates this year are January 4, 5, 6, 21, 28
FYI interview dates this year are January 4, 5, 6, 21, 28
Thanks for the update! Any news on when invites will go out?
No, sorry. We got an email today about hosting interviewees so that's where I saw the dates.Thanks for the update! Any news on when invites will go out?
How does hosting work? As in, how do interviewees sign up to be hosted?No, sorry. We got an email today about hosting interviewees so that's where I saw the dates.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
I'll let other current students answer this one - I didn't do this program the year I interviewed. I would imagine an email would come out from Sandra Dawkins.How does hosting work? As in, how do interviewees sign up to be hosted?
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know if interview invites come from her as well?I'll let other current students answer this one - I didn't do this program the year I interviewed. I would imagine an email would come out from Sandra Dawkins.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
I literally just made an account right now so I could post on here about how badly I want to go to Ohio State and that the wait is literally killing me
I go to a school where I only know of one other pre-vet student and I just have no one here that understands what I am going through right now lol so here I am
I go to a school where I only know of one other pre-vet student and I just have no one here that understands what I am going through right now lol so here I am
Lucky- I'm here up against like 300-400 pre-vets !!!I literally just made an account right now so I could post on here about how badly I want to go to Ohio State and that the wait is literally killing me![]()
I go to a school where I only know of one other pre-vet student and I just have no one here that understands what I am going through right now lol so here I am
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
I feel ya! OSU is my absolute dream school. I'm not IS but grew up close to Columbus and love the city and the CVM😍I literally just made an account right now so I could post on here about how badly I want to go to Ohio State and that the wait is literally killing me
I go to a school where I only know of one other pre-vet student and I just have no one here that understands what I am going through right now lol so here I am
Holy crap that's so many!
Haha I guess your problem is the other extreme! I just hate not having anyone that knows how to advise me through this whole application process and no friends here to vent to about it all!
I feel ya! OSU is my absolute dream school. I'm not IS but grew up close to Columbus and love the city and the CVM😍
I grew up in Ohio, and all I've ever wanted was to be a Buckeye 😍
Just called and they said interview invites would be going out next week!

Just called and they said interview invites would be going out next week!




For everyone/IS & OOS?Just called and they said interview invites would be going out next week!
For everyone/IS & OOS?
Didn't specify. All I asked was when interviews would go out and was told next week
For everyone/IS & OOS?
I think its usually a mixture of both that go out, but it the past they have had waves of invites.
I feel ya! OSU is my absolute dream school. I'm not IS but grew up close to Columbus and love the city and the CVM😍
Did you graduate from an Ohio high school? If so, you'd be considered IS for OSU even you've been living somewhere else since, due to the Forever Buckeye program.
Definitely something worth knowing about if you get accepted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you graduate from an Ohio high school? If so, you'd be considered IS for OSU even you've been living somewhere else since, due to the Forever Buckeye program.
Definitely something worth knowing about if you get accepted.
I wish haha.
Last edited:
I wish haha. I'm from WV but grew up right on the WV/OH border! So close, but still so far 😉
Damn. Good luck anyway!
Crossing all the digits. Love the school!Damn. Good luck anyway!
I wish haha. I'm from WV but grew up right on the WV/OH border! So close, but still so far 😉
Just FYI for everyone if no one knows, but if you get married before starting your first year, and your spouse gets a job, you get IS tuition for all four years. I know of someone that did that.
Just FYI for everyone if no one knows, but if you get married before starting your first year, and your spouse gets a job, you get IS tuition for all four years. I know of someone that did that.
Looks like I need to get married😉
Just FYI for everyone if no one knows, but if you get married before starting your first year, and your spouse gets a job, you get IS tuition for all four years. I know of someone that did that.
What about people who are already married? If SO finds a job before school starts does that count? I realize you probably won't know but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Im married - and if your spouse gets a job, law allows for residency 🙂What about people who are already married? If SO finds a job before school starts does that count? I realize you probably won't know but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Hey tOSUCVM hopefuls! For anybody who is thinking of doing the VetStay program... check out my profile under the last name of East when those get sent out to you all! We are super friendly I promise and I promise to do my best to amp you up and make you feel great about your upcoming interview! PM if you want some more details or anybody needs to chat. Also would be up to getting a group of first years together and doing dinner/lunch with anybody if you want!
Don't worry too much about stats. Really. It's the quality not quantity that makes a big impact. Find one thing you are passionate about and literally just gush about that in your interview. Show them your passion and it will help you more than anything.
Remember if you got an interview... they already want you.
And for those who didn't get an interview.. hold out! Several of my classmates were waitlisted... and one girl wasn't even notified until a week before decision. So it can happen! Don't give up hope and reapply if you have to!
Don't worry too much about stats. Really. It's the quality not quantity that makes a big impact. Find one thing you are passionate about and literally just gush about that in your interview. Show them your passion and it will help you more than anything.
Remember if you got an interview... they already want you.
And for those who didn't get an interview.. hold out! Several of my classmates were waitlisted... and one girl wasn't even notified until a week before decision. So it can happen! Don't give up hope and reapply if you have to!
Last edited:
What's the VetStay program?Hey tOSUCVM hopefuls! For anybody who is thinking of doing the VetStay program... check out my profile under the last name of East when those get sent out to you all! We are super friendly I promise and I promise to do my best to amp you up and make you feel great about your upcoming interview! PM if you want some more details or anybody needs to chat. Also would be up to getting a group of first years together and doing dinner/lunch with anybody if you want!
Don't worry too much about stats. Really. It's the quality not quantity that makes a big impact. Find one thing you are passionate about and literally just gush about that in your interview. Show them your passion and it will help you more than anything.
Remember if you got an interview... they already want you.
And for those who didn't get an interview.. hold out! Several of my classmates were waitlisted... and one girl wasn't even notified until a week before decision. So it can happen! Don't give up hope and reapply if you have to!
Thanks for the encouraging words 🙂
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
What's the VetStay program?
Thanks for the encouraging words 🙂
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
The VetStay program is where instead of getting a hotel you stay the night or nights with a vet student who opens their place up to you! You can get an insiders look at the campus and the area before your interview and your host can help put your mind at rest with their tips and tricks of the interview process.
It's for those who get interviews in this cycle. I didn't use it last year when I had my interview but I have only heard great things! So I decided to do it this year! Being a first year means I'm not too far removed from where you all are now. I still remember that dread lol and I wish somebody would've been there to help me through it. So yea. 🙂
And you're welcome! I try to be positive.
Im married - and if your spouse gets a job, law allows for residency 🙂
Yes that is why I have heard for those that are already married
The VetStay program is where instead of getting a hotel you stay the night or nights with a vet student who opens their place up to you! You can get an insiders look at the campus and the area before your interview and your host can help put your mind at rest with their tips and tricks of the interview process.
It's for those who get interviews in this cycle. I didn't use it last year when I had my interview but I have only heard great things! So I decided to do it this year! Being a first year means I'm not too far removed from where you all are now. I still remember that dread lol and I wish somebody would've been there to help me through it. So yea. 🙂
And you're welcome! I try to be positive.
Sounds really awesome! Thank you 🙂
Would you happen to know what the Community Enrollment Question is? 😛
I called OSU, and they said within the next 2 weeks the invitations will be sent!Thanks for the update! Any news on when invites will go out?
Someone else said they'd called and were told this upcoming week...I called OSU, and they said within the next 2 weeks the invitations will be sent!
Maybe their story has changed because it's taking longer than expected. Either way, meh
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone else said they'd called and were told this upcoming week...
Maybe their story has changed because it's taking longer than expected. Either way, meh
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
They tend to do waves, so maybe that's what they meant?
Check your portals - mine has been updated!
how so?Check your portals - mine has been updated!
how so?
Instead of "pending," on your application status, it may or may not say "decision."
I got a thanks but no thanks!
Does OSU provide file reviews?