Ohio State c/o 2024

Started by MSM1444
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How much weight does the interview carry throughout the process? I know some schools rank the interview separately compared to the rest of the application and some interviews are added to the individuals specific points on their application. I might have worded it weird so I apologize. Basically I am just wondering how important is the interview towards regarding an acceptance for Ohio specifically?
 
How much weight does the interview carry throughout the process? I know some schools rank the interview separately compared to the rest of the application and some interviews are added to the individuals specific points on their application. I might have worded it weird so I apologize. Basically I am just wondering how important is the interview towards regarding an acceptance for Ohio specifically?

It’s definitely very very important and counts for a large part, but they do still take into account other parts of the application when makkng decision.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is their interview format like? This is my first time interviewing with them and just looking for an idea of what to expect


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I just got a rejection, so hopefully everyone else with know something better than that today. Good luck everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called this morning and found out where I am on the OOS waitlist and it doesn’t look good. It’s whatever though, I still have a tiny bit of hope, at least I made the list at all! Haha. They didn’t mention anything to me about when emails would be sent out, the woman I spoke to said she didn’t know when they would send anything.
 
Nope but you should go if you can. You sit at a table with other students interviewing as well as current students at the school. They usually do a faculty panel as well. The food is usually good and it’s fun and really does a lot to help ease nerves🙂

At the dinner, are any of the faculty members our interviewers as well? is alcohol served? do you even drink alcohol at a dinner like this???? nervous!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
I called this morning and found out where I am on the OOS waitlist and it doesn’t look good. It’s whatever though, I still have a tiny bit of hope, at least I made the list at all! Haha. They didn’t mention anything to me about when emails would be sent out, the woman I spoke to said she didn’t know when they would send anything.
Did they mention how long the wait list is?
 
At the dinner, are any of the faculty members our interviewers as well? is alcohol served? do you even drink alcohol at a dinner like this???? nervous!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Last year, no interviewers were on the panel of speakers and alcohol was not served so no need to worry about that part 😆
 
At the dinner, are any of the faculty members our interviewers as well? is alcohol served? do you even drink alcohol at a dinner like this???? nervous!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN

No alcohol but my year faculty on the panel will definitely also interviewers
 
Does anyone know if any apparel will be sold on either the day of the dinner or the day of the interview? Ohio is my first choice and I would love to get a hoodie or shirt even if I don't get in haha
 
Does anyone know if any apparel will be sold on either the day of the dinner or the day of the interview? Ohio is my first choice and I would love to get a hoodie or shirt even if I don't get in haha
Not usually. There is usually an apparel sale at orientation in the Fall.
 
I received an email stating Im on the interview alternate list. So Im on an interview waitlist basically.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was on interview waitlist. Official OOS rejection Friday morning. Wasn’t counting on it anyways but good luck to everyone else!
 
For a guy, do you think a button down shirt, tie, and a v-neck sweater would be acceptable attire for the dinner?
 
I emailed them about my application status on Friday and received an official rejection today (OOS). Good luck everyone!
 
I'm pretty sure this has already been asked.
But what should we wear to the interview? Is it better to wear a skirt and blazer or dress pants with a blazer?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the format/type of questions that would be asked for during the interview? Is it open or closed? How should I prepare? Thanks you guys!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Does anyone know the format/type of questions that would be asked for during the interview? Is it open or closed? How should I prepare? Thanks you guys!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-3 interviewers, at least one dvm, 30 mins, very conversational
when I interviewed 3 years ago, it was an open interview