-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2024
Started by MSM1444
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SBS From NJ
Full Member
See you there!!!Interviews are in 2 weeks(for me at least..... good luck to those that are next week)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you’re someone that hasn’t heard anything at all like me, I suggest emailing or calling them. I emailed and was told today I’ve been OOS rejected. I think it’s pretty inconsiderate that I myself had to reach out to them rather than them telling me my status. I think it’s really unprofessional and disrespectful, and I can see I’m not the only one that had to reach out to them about status!
Good luck to everyone with your interviews! You’re gonna do great!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Good luck to everyone with your interviews! You’re gonna do great!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Which email did you reach out to?If you’re someone that hasn’t heard anything at all like me, I suggest emailing or calling them. I emailed and was told today I’ve been OOS rejected. I think it’s pretty inconsiderate that I myself had to reach out to them rather than them telling me my status. I think it’s really unprofessional and disrespectful, and I can see I’m not the only one that had to reach out to them about status!
Good luck to everyone with your interviews! You’re gonna do great!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I also emailed the admissions department [email protected] and got an official rejection. Good luck to other interviewers!Which email did you reach out to?
I also emailed the admissions department [email protected] and got an official rejection. Good luck to other interviewers!
Yes the same
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Does anyone know if these are open or closed interviews? Will the interviewers have access to our applications before/during the interview?
Yes, interviewers have access to your application before the interview. In my interview last year, they did not have it on them but they did read through itDoes anyone know if these are open or closed interviews? Will the interviewers have access to our applications before/during the interview?
If any of you are going to the welcome dinner this Friday, feel free to reach out. I will be there🙂
Same experience, except I called instead of e-mailed. I was told that they sent out an e-mail to me on the 23rd but I checked my spam and didn't receive anything. They resent the e-mail when I called. Weird, disappointing, but whatever. Good luck to everyone else!If you’re someone that hasn’t heard anything at all like me, I suggest emailing or calling them. I emailed and was told today I’ve been OOS rejected. I think it’s pretty inconsiderate that I myself had to reach out to them rather than them telling me my status. I think it’s really unprofessional and disrespectful, and I can see I’m not the only one that had to reach out to them about status!
Good luck to everyone with your interviews! You’re gonna do great!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Are we supposed to send fall transcripts to [email protected] ?
SBS From NJ
Full Member
I emailed the school and they told me they don’t require them at this time.Are we supposed to send fall transcripts to [email protected] ?
SBS From NJ
Full Member
I emailed the school and they told me they don’t require them at this time.Are we supposed to send fall transcripts to [email protected] ?
For the dinner, is there anything we should bring such as a notepad for the panel? should we come prepared with questions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think it’s necessary, but if you want to it’s probably not a bad idea!For the dinner, is there anything we should bring such as a notepad for the panel? should we come prepared with questions?
Does anyone know if there is a place that we can leave our luggage? I was going to call the hotel to see if they let us store it there if not then I need a backup plan haha
From their interview info page:
“If you need a place to keep your luggage during your interview, please let us know at the check in table or stop by the Dean’s Suite.”
ModernWitch
Ohio State c/o 2021
Any current OS students I could possibly dm with a few questions?! tyia 🙂
You're welcome to DM me - 3rd year OOS student
ModernWitch
Ohio State c/o 2021
I don’t think it’s necessary, but if you want to it’s probably not a bad idea!
You really don't need to bring a notepad or anything to the dinner. This dinner will not impact your interview - it's really just a chance for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you in a more laid back setting before the interview.
Definitely- you don’t have to! But if you want a way to take notes on anything that’s said it’s probably a good idea. I’m not sure if they’ll discuss financial information or anything too important, but there is a faculty panel after dinner.You really don't need to bring a notepad or anything to the dinner. This dinner will not impact your interview - it's really just a chance for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you in a more laid back setting before the interview.
Good luck to everyone who has interviews tomorrow!! 🙂 Also what is the dress attire for the dinner? Business casual?
Yep! Business casual for the dinner
That’s great! I’ve heard OSU is usually super laid back. Thoughts on changing after the interview? I have mine in the morning and was debating bringing a change of clothes for lunch and everything afterward.I had my interview this morning and it was a wonderful experience!
A couple people changed but the majority stayed in their interview clothes after the interview. For the tour I changed into comfy shoes🙂That’s great! I’ve heard OSU is usually super laid back. Thoughts on changing after the interview? I have mine in the morning and was debating bringing a change of clothes for lunch and everything afterward.
Mine is in the morning too! First one lol I was wondering about changing because I will have a couple of hours in between before lunch.That’s great! I’ve heard OSU is usually super laid back. Thoughts on changing after the interview? I have mine in the morning and was debating bringing a change of clothes for lunch and everything afterward.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interview went well! Everyone was very nice and welcoming. It was a conversational interview and mine actually went 30 minutes over because the conversation just kept flowing. Don’t be nervous, I didn’t see a single person who didn’t come out of the interview smiling. They are not trying to trick you-just get to know you! Good luck to those still waiting to interview.
I don't know if this is a dumb question but what are some good questions to ask if given the opportunity to at the end?
OOS first time interview invite! 🙂
OOS first time interview invite! 🙂
I don't know if this is a dumb question but what are some good questions to ask if given the opportunity to at the end?
OOS first time interview invite! 🙂
Depending on if you have students (at Ohio you do, and they do leave you time to ask) I like to take some time and ask them about their experiences. Also i always like to ask about opportunities for my interests (since they’re a bit off the beaten path). If you have any questions about the school, alumni, or programs that you can think of, they’re always good. You can also ask your interviewers about their experience, what they’re looking for too.
To anyone that already interviewed - any tips? I’ve reviewed a lot of sample questions, I’m just not entirely sure how else to prepare. I’ve had some people tell me they spent a ton of hours practicing, and some current vet students I know that didn’t do anything ahead of time.
To anyone that already interviewed - any tips? I’ve reviewed a lot of sample questions, I’m just not entirely sure how else to prepare. I’ve had some people tell me they spent a ton of hours practicing, and some current vet students I know that didn’t do anything ahead of time.
N = 1 and it’s been three years since I interviewed, but I I definitely didn’t spend hours practicing lol. I did think about the things that I wanted to bring up in the interview (and subsequently used those things to answer questions).
I’m not 100% sure but I heard it’s not as much weighted. It’s just supplemental to your app. So if you have a super strong score already you don’t have to do as well in the interview, or if you have a weaker score you should do better.Does anyone know what percentage of your acceptance depends upon your interview? Is the interview weighed heavily or is it worth the same as academics and non-academics?
Does anyone know when we should receive the parking pass for the dinner?
Personally I never got one. You can ask for one at registration when you arrive.
I just received one via email!Does anyone know when we should receive the parking pass for the dinner?
asch97
Ohio State C/O 2024
Same!I just received one via email!
I just got one too but on the parking pass it says "valid starting 1/24" and my interview dinner is on Friday (1/17). Anyone else have one that says this?Same!
asch97
Ohio State C/O 2024
Mine also says 1/24-2/24I just got one too but on the parking pass it says "valid starting 1/24" and my interview dinner is on Friday (1/17). Anyone else have one that says this?
I got an updated parking pass this morning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS/international accepted via phone call!
Congrats! Did you get that call today?
yes I did!!Congrats! Did you get that call today?
Tayterdoggie
Full Member
When did you interview?OOS/international accepted via phone call!
I really feel like I blew my interview and now I’m freaking out [emoji20]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(