-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2025
Started by captainfelixxx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS waitlisted ...how much does this move?
It varies from year to year. Last year it went to #11 I think. The year before was around #14.IS waitlisted ...how much does this move?
I’m top 3, so it’s pretty likely I’ll get in?It varies from year to year. Last year it went to #11 I think. The year before was around #14.
I would say it’s very likely. My advisor always said they regularly take 8-10 so top 3 is a great spot to be.I’m top 3, so it’s pretty likely I’ll get in?
Same here! I'm thinking I might send them an email if I don't get one soonOOS acceptance on portal but no email.... anyone else? Nothing in spam or junk
hopefulveterinarian
New Member
IS waitlist #8...... oh man I am praying!!
YES ALISSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! IM GOING TO VET SCHOOL! I’m so ecstatic! Depending how the waitlist moves for my in state, I will be attending tOSU in the fall!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hardworkinggirl11
New Member
I would love to start getting to the know people who got in if anyone wants to join a group chat or via email!! Congratulations!!
bullcharmel
Full Member
I haven't gotten anything either :/ I can't find my portal page to check that. I'm ISHas anyone gotten nothing like me? neither email and still pending status on portal?
gfg23
Full Member
I’m IS too. waiting on this afternoon if not I’ll send an email because it seems like almost everyone has heard. No email and my buckeye link is still pending. You can go by using the username you created for the supplemental applicationI haven't gotten anything either :/ I can't find my portal page to check that. I'm IS
bullcharmel
Full Member
Where are you going to check your buckeye link? I thought I had the right place but I don't see anywhere that says pending or anything. I did log in with my supplemental application infoI’m IS too. waiting on this afternoon if not I’ll send an email because it seems like almost everyone has heard. No email and my buckeye link is still pending. You can go by using the username you created for the supplemental application
gfg23
Full Member
you put buckeye link on google, press application status and log in and there it will show your application and a statusWhere are you going to check your buckeye link? I thought I had the right place but I don't see anywhere that says pending or anything. I did log in with my supplemental application info
bullcharmel
Full Member
Thank you! I had to reset all my information. Then my application status says pay fees and that I got accepted (IS). I didn't get an email from anyone so I am going to double check before I celebrate haha.you put buckeye link on google, press application status and log in and there it will show your application and a status
If you’re #4 on the waitlist you can be cautiously optimistic! There’s always gonna be someone declining a seat!i am top 4 alternate... im sad and hopeful at the same time since this cycle was so competitive
gfg23
Full Member
congratulations, no email for me and still says pending. Don’t know what to do at this point!Thank you! I had to reset all my information. Then my application status says pay fees and that I got accepted (IS). I didn't get an email from anyone so I am going to double check before I celebrate haha.
bullcharmel
Full Member
I am emailing them right now to confirm. I hope the best for you, I will let you know if they say anything suspect to me.congratulations, no email for me and still says pending. Don’t know what to do at this point!
gfg23
Full Member
thank you!!I am emailing them right now to confirm. I hope the best for you, I will let you know if they say anything suspect to me.
There is a class rank, but it’s not a huge deal. Maybe if you’re hoping for residency or internship? There are some pass fail classes but most are letter grades.Does anyone know how competitive students are at Ohio State? Is there class ranking? Also, is it pass/fail or letter grades?
gfg23
Full Member
congrats!!! at what time did you hear from them?Accepted OOS!!! I am so thrilled, I love the program at Ohio State so much 🙂
Around 11:30 p.m. last night! Had to double check like ten times this morning to make sure it was real hahacongrats!!! at what time did you hear from them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gfg23
Full Member
Ok, I thought it was today! any acceptances sent out today? I still have nothing and I’m so worriedAround 11:30 p.m. last night! Had to double check like ten times this morning to make sure it was real haha
OOS Waitlist #1 😂 I've already been accepted at my top schools so I will be removing myself from the list. Congrats all! Best of luck!
On this note, does anyone know if we have to apply separately for them or is it merely based on our applications/interviews for 1st year? Also, are scholarships not offered to students until they have accepted their seat? I'm heavily considering OSU but was hoping there was an opportunity to receive a scholarship offer prior to accepting my seat to help with the cost.Does anyone know when we hear about scholarships for 1st years? Is that supposed to be in your acceptance letter, or do we find out later?
Scholarships will be notified around April. The ones offered through admission are it for first years. Generally you should be offered before the April 15 deadline so you will know before you accept your seat what financial aid they are offering.On this note, does anyone know if we have to apply separately for them or is it merely based on our applications/interviews for 1st year? Also, are scholarships not offered to students until they have accepted their seat? I'm heavily considering OSU but was hoping there was an opportunity to receive a scholarship offer prior to accepting my seat to help with the cost.
Do you know a general range of how much a typical scholarship may be worth? Is it a value that would be significant for an OOS applicant? (Thanks for your response!!)Scholarships will be notified around April. The ones offered through admission are it for first years. Generally you should be offered before the April 15 deadline so you will know before you accept your seat what financial aid they are offering.
In last year's OSU thread, there were a few offered a $50,000 recruitment scholarship, which basically brings tuition down to IS level. I don't know how much in total they give out every year, or whether they would go higher or lower than that amount.Do you know a general range of how much a typical scholarship may be worth? Is it a value that would be significant for an OOS applicant? (Thanks for your response!!)
atlanticaccra
Full Member
Where do we send in our transcripts?
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! IM GOING TO VET SCHOOL! I’m so ecstatic! Depending how the waitlist moves for my in state, I will be attending tOSU in the fall!
Congrats alissa!
I know some other schools do facebook groups for incoming classes. Does tOSU do that do? I thought I remembered hearing they did.
They do but won’t invite people until after the commit date in April
OOS Acceptance! Can’t wait to meet everyone! 😍❤️
Does anyone know how competitive students are at Ohio State? Is there class ranking? Also, is it pass/fail or letter grades?
Competitive for what? Internship and residency? Yes to class rank but you have to reach out to know what yours is. Clinics have been pass/fail for my class due to covid but everything else had grades
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gfg23
Full Member
did you get the email today?OOS Acceptance! Can’t wait to meet everyone! 😍❤️
gfg23
Full Member
it still says pendingggg 🙁Check your portal. No email for me but is acceptance on the portal. Is the instate deposit really only $25?
I would email/ call them at this point maybe?it still says pendingggg 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K