Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

captainfelixxx

That's rough, buddy
Reaction score
IS, 3rd time applying. I'm currently waitlisted and resigning myself to applying again, so if anyone has questions about OSU, feel free to ask me! I also went to undergrad for OSU too :)

Members don't see this ad.

OOS, 1st-time applicant! I hope third time’s the charm for you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'll have graduated by the time you would start [ :eek: ], but I've loved my time at OSU and am always happy to discuss pros/cons of the school:)

Good luck applying this year!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS non-trad applicant, 2nd time overall applying but first time to tOSU!

Non- traditional OOS applicant! First time to tOSU!

Applied to a bunch of vet schools last cycle and will be attending OSU this fall. Actually moving to Columbus in 3 weeks. If you guys have any questions at all lmk!

Applied to a bunch of vet schools last cycle and will be attending OSU this fall. Actually moving to Columbus in 3 weeks. If you guys have any questions at all lmk!

Good luck with first year!

Recently added OSU to my list of schools I'm applying to, wohoo! I just want to confirm that there is no supplemental this year.. I'm not seeing anything about one on VMCAS and its not listed anywhere on the website expect for an old unclickable link on the "Application Checklist" page of the website where the supplemental portal once was perhaps? Before emailing them again (asked a few other questions last night), I figured I'd check here! Thanks! :)

Recently added OSU to my list of schools I'm applying to, wohoo! I just want to confirm that there is no supplemental this year.. I'm not seeing anything about one on VMCAS and its not listed anywhere on the website expect for an old unclickable link on the "Application Checklist" page of the website where the supplemental portal once was perhaps? Before emailing them again (asked a few other questions last night), I figured I'd check here! Thanks! :)
I have written down that they should send you a supplemental app (with no essays) to fill out after VMCAS is submitted, not sure where I got the info so it might be good to double check :)

I have written down that they should send you a supplemental app (with no essays) to fill out after VMCAS is submitted, not sure where I got the info so it might be good to double check :)
This is how they did it in the past, but it’s been four years since I applied so take that with a grain of salt lol

I also think I remember reading this like a month ago, and I don’t have a supplemental page saved in my list of supplementals. So it must be somewhere!

But seriously, just because they don’t mention it in VMCAS doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, I fully missed Penn’s last year :whistle:

Thanks guys!! I felt like I was going crazy, but also felt like they probably wouldn't have that on their page if there wasn't a supplemental anymore. I will email to confirm and post back with the answer once I know :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys!! I felt like I was going crazy, but also felt like they probably wouldn't have that on their page if there wasn't a supplemental anymore. I will email to confirm and post back with the answer once I know :)

The supplemental is indeed sent after submitting VMCAS. Once the supplemental sent to you, it expires after 10 days if its not submitted!

So I submitted all my stuff - VMCAS and supplemental application. Then I got an email about creating an OSU username and password. I did it, but I can't figure out what it's for and if I'm supposed to do anything with it. Anyone know?

So I submitted all my stuff - VMCAS and supplemental application. Then I got an email about creating an OSU username and password. I did it, but I can't figure out what it's for and if I'm supposed to do anything with it. Anyone know?

I think it’s just an applicant portal where we can log in and look at the status of our application. Since you’ve finished your application & admissions decisions haven’t gone out yet, your application status probably says “pending” and your application is marked as “complete.” I think it’s just for us to keep track of our documents & status!

It is the supplemental application.

I submitted my VMCAS to OSU a few days ago and haven't received an email at all. Is there a supplemental fee I'm supposed to pay somewhere? I don't see anything about that on their site or on the VMCAS page.

I submitted my VMCAS to OSU a few days ago and haven't received an email at all. Is there a supplemental fee I'm supposed to pay somewhere? I don't see anything about that on their site or on the VMCAS page.

It took a few days after submitting my VMCAS for me to receive an email with the supplemental application too! I think I saw a note on their website somewhere that if you don’t receive the supplemental app by 9/15 (today) then to send them an email.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in the same boat, applied a few days ago but still haven't received an email with the supplemental app. But my VMCAS still just says completed, it isn't verified yet, so I'm wondering if you need to be verified first?

It took a few days after submitting my VMCAS for me to receive an email with the supplemental application too! I think I saw a note on their website somewhere that if you don’t receive the supplemental app by 9/15 (today) then to send them an email.
Thanks, I saw that too so I guess that's what I will do. My application has been verified since before I turned in my app to them, so I don't think that's the cause of the delay. Glad I'm not alone!

Did everyone else get the email to activate your username that gives you access to their peoplesoft? I dont understand what thats for i can't even find my application ir just has class schedules and stuff?

I got an email that stated that all of my required documents were received. However, I did not get an email concerning "PeopleSoft". What exactly is PeopleSoft?

It's like the area where you sign up for classes and pay your bill and stuff. It had me activate a username did anyone else have to do that?

It's like the area where you sign up for classes and pay your bill and stuff. It had me activate a username did anyone else have to do that?
Are you a previous tOSU student? If not, it seems like it wants us to create a new username. My page was “delegated.osu”, not sure where you’re getting PeopleSoft from...

Still not understanding what Peoplesoft is, however, I got an email for the supplemental if that is what you are talking about? Where we go to my.osu.edu, and they send us a unique login ID and then an activation code.

Still not understanding what Peoplesoft is, however, I got an email for the supplemental if that is what you are talking about? Where we go to my.osu.edu, and they send us a unique login ID and then an activation code.

for what it’s worth, I’ve gone to school here for four years and don’t have any idea what that is...

Okay, I think I figured it out - the PeopleSoft/Oracle link you received is for the OSU supplemental app. If you applied to tOSU this year, you need to complete it, and you need to create a NEW username/password/account, even if you have previously attended tOSU. They only send out the supplemental app once they've received your VMCAS. It doesn't automatically pop up with the PeopleSoft/Oracle website name, it's part of a redirect. The site was down for a bit last night, so try clicking the e-mailed link again now.

Last edited:
Okay, I think I figured it out - the PeopleSoft/Oracle link you received is for the OSU supplemental app. If you applied to tOSU this year, you need to complete it, and you need to create a NEW username/password/account, even if you have previously attended tOSU. They only send out the supplemental app once you've been accepted. It doesn't automatically pop up with the PeopleSoft/Oracle website name, it's part of a redirect. The site was down for a bit last night, so try clicking the e-mailed link again now.
Are you saying there is a second supplemental? There is one that is sent out once you have been verified by VMCAS.

Are you saying there is a second supplemental? There is one that is sent out once you have been verified by VMCAS.
No, just the one. For some reason, when you click directly on the link from the e-mail, there's nothing that says "PeopleSoft" or "Oracle". That only popped up when the website was down last night. I have no idea why! But no, only one, at least as far as I can tell.

Did everyone else get the email to activate your username that gives you access to their peoplesoft? I dont understand what thats for i can't even find my application ir just has class schedules and stuff?
I got this too when I submitted my app last month. I made an account, but don’t see anything that I have access to. Unsure of the point ‍♀️

OOS, first time applicant. Submitted VMCAS 8/20. I received an email that they’d received a complete application on 9/16. :claps:

My VMCAS hasn't been verified yet, and I haven't received the supplemental. Should I worry?

My VMCAS hasn't been verified yet, and I haven't received the supplemental. Should I worry?
You won't receive the supplemental until your VMCAS has been verified. I wouldn't stress. A lot of people waited until the deadline to submit their applications, so VMCAS may be backed up. It can take around 2 weeks to be verified. I submitted my VMCAS in early August, so I got verified sooner and got the supplemental done sooner. I didn't receive the supplemental until a few days after verification.

I also emailed admissions because it had been several days since I was verified and I hadn’t received the supplemental and was told it could take up to a week after being verified.

I got the email to complete the supplemental app today! I was wondering if they send the supplemental application to everyone who meets the 3.0 GPA minimum or if the supplemental application means I've passed some additional screening? I'm OOS if that makes any difference

I got the email to complete the supplemental app today! I was wondering if they send the supplemental application to everyone who meets the 3.0 GPA minimum or if the supplemental application means I've passed some additional screening? I'm OOS if that makes any difference
Should be everyone who meets the GPA minimum. I got the supplemental application a month or so ago right after I submitted their application on VMCAS.

Hi everyone, OOS first time applicant! I submitted my application on 9/15 but had been previously verified by VMCAS. Received the email with the supplemental application on 9/17.

Hi all, I just received the email to activate and create my account with OSU. I'm kind of confused if there's anything else I need to do or submit? The website is kind of confusing to me. Thanks!

Hi all, I just received the email to activate and create my account with OSU. I'm kind of confused if there's anything else I need to do or submit? The website is kind of confusing to me. Thanks!
The email you received is most likely referring to the supplemental.

The email you received is most likely referring to the supplemental.
I created my account with OSU, is there anything additional that I need to submit to them through the website such as a supplemental essay or answering any additional questions?

I created my account with OSU, is there anything additional that I need to submit to them through the website such as a supplemental essay or answering any additional questions?
You will get an email with a link to a supplemental application (additional questions and fee) if you haven’t already.

Hey everyone! This is my second time applying, first time got interview.

does anyone know if/how interviews are happening this year? Ohio State is the only school I'm applying to that doesn't seem to have cancelled (or have never required) interviews. I'm an oos first time applicant :)

IS 2nd time applicant! Worked on all of their feedback as much as I could with covid so fingers crossed!

does anyone know if/how interviews are happening this year? Ohio State is the only school I'm applying to that doesn't seem to have cancelled (or have never required) interviews. I'm an oos first time applicant :)

The school has not said one way or another how their interviews will be conducted this year/ if they will hold them. Previously the school does give out interviews to about 300 applicants roughly and they are traditional behavioral based and very impersonal.

They are the only school I have not heard from on their plan for interviews this year if they will be zoom, in person, or removed all together this cycle. My guess would be either they will be held over zoom or in person since they have not said anything and did not require the CASper test (that I can remember).

Is there a portal page to check? I submitted my supplement and tried to login there but it’s very confusing and doesn’t seem to work. Do they communicate via email?

Is there a portal page to check? I submitted my supplement and tried to login there but it’s very confusing and doesn’t seem to work. Do they communicate via email?
I have been very confused by their portal too!!