This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Housing Prices ?
ooooof really depends. My fiancé and I wanted to live close to campus - we basically bike everywhere except the grocery store and it does come at a premium (~$1400 a month w/ water, electricity and WiFi) but we pay nothing for parking passes or gas. Everything is nicely updated and we pay very little for electricity etc because it’s a smart apartment or whatever and in a nice neighborhood with a coffee shop and brewery. When you move further out (upper Arlington, by the airport, marble cliff) it gets cheaper (800-1200 for a studio or one bedroom) but you have to pay a ridiculous amount for a parking pass on campus ($500) and get gas. I’ve also had some friends who live further out have issues with getting their cars broken into etc. In Columbus I would be shocked if you could find a nice one bedroom under 800. Almost all two bedrooms are 1500+ Before utilities so definitely look for a roommate. This makes it sound kind of bad but it’s really not!!! It’s pretty average for cost of living in a really nice city with great things to do - truly can’t say housing prices were a deterrent for me coming to OSU because that’s what the loans are ultimately for.
 
Last edited:
While y'all are waiting on decisions and such, consider joining in on a fun activity that has been a staple of the pre-vet forum for many years! It's a great way to connect with other people on the site and distract yourself from the terrible waiting! More info in the first couple posts of this thread 🙂

 
Did anyone get an email from them today about interview invites going out Dec 20th? I didn’t get anything but someone on the Facebook page said she got an email from them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did it specifically say on December 20th? Because the only email I got from them was on December 1st saying invites would go out between December 20th and January 1st.
Just asked her for clarification and she was referring to the email that went out December 1st about invites going out the week of Dec 20
 
Housing Prices ?

I graduated from OSU in May…I lived for two years in a 1 bedroom apartment 12 minutes from school and paid $700.

I also lived for two years in a three bedroom house with a yard 5 minutes from school and my rent was $465 after being split three ways ($1345 total).

Just a little perspective from some very different housing situations.

Good luck ya’ll
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
last year it was late evening just a few days before Christmas.
 

Attachments

  • 64DD4E72-40CC-41AB-ABFC-3165841A58CC.jpeg
    64DD4E72-40CC-41AB-ABFC-3165841A58CC.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 288
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad