Ohio State c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Housing Prices ?
ooooof really depends. My fiancé and I wanted to live close to campus - we basically bike everywhere except the grocery store and it does come at a premium (~$1400 a month w/ water, electricity and WiFi) but we pay nothing for parking passes or gas. Everything is nicely updated and we pay very little for electricity etc because it’s a smart apartment or whatever and in a nice neighborhood with a coffee shop and brewery. When you move further out (upper Arlington, by the airport, marble cliff) it gets cheaper (800-1200 for a studio or one bedroom) but you have to pay a ridiculous amount for a parking pass on campus ($500) and get gas. I’ve also had some friends who live further out have issues with getting their cars broken into etc. In Columbus I would be shocked if you could find a nice one bedroom under 800. Almost all two bedrooms are 1500+ Before utilities so definitely look for a roommate. This makes it sound kind of bad but it’s really not!!! It’s pretty average for cost of living in a really nice city with great things to do - truly can’t say housing prices were a deterrent for me coming to OSU because that’s what the loans are ultimately for.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
While y'all are waiting on decisions and such, consider joining in on a fun activity that has been a staple of the pre-vet forum for many years! It's a great way to connect with other people on the site and distract yourself from the terrible waiting! More info in the first couple posts of this thread :)

Did anyone get an email from them today about interview invites going out Dec 20th? I didn’t get anything but someone on the Facebook page said she got an email from them

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an email from them today about interview invites going out Dec 20th? I didn’t get anything but someone on the Facebook page said she got an email from them
Did it specifically say on December 20th? Because the only email I got from them was on December 1st saying invites would go out between December 20th and January 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
Did it specifically say on December 20th? Because the only email I got from them was on December 1st saying invites would go out between December 20th and January 1st.
Just asked her for clarification and she was referring to the email that went out December 1st about invites going out the week of Dec 20

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone think they'll let us know on December 20th? I really hope so as the waiting is killing me

Housing Prices ?

I graduated from OSU in May…I lived for two years in a 1 bedroom apartment 12 minutes from school and paid $700.

I also lived for two years in a three bedroom house with a yard 5 minutes from school and my rent was $465 after being split three ways ($1345 total).

Just a little perspective from some very different housing situations.

Good luck ya’ll

• Love
Tomorrow is the 20th and they’re probably gonna start sending out emails!! Just wanted to wish everyone good luck again!! We got this 🤍

Reactions: 14 users
Tomorrow is the 20th and they’re probably gonna start sending out emails!! Just wanted to wish everyone good luck again!! We got this 🤍
so nerve-racking I wanna get an interview so bad!!! GOOD LUCK YALL WE GOT THIS!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks for the reminder😭 I knew it was the 20th soon but I think I was blocking it out😂
Good luck eveyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Anything yet? We have officially reached Dec 20th! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here! Anybody have any changes in their portal? Mine still says I'm in review.

Nothing here! Anybody have any changes in their portal? Mine still says I'm in review.
From my experience nothing changes in the portal until long after they make their final decisions on everyone. And last year they sent their interview invites out at 10 pm so we may be in it for the long haul! :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users
THIS JUST IN I GOT MY CREDIT CARD STATEMENT CONFIRMATION THINKING IT WAS OHIO. yup completely lost it at this point

Reactions: 4 users
THIS JUST IN I GOT MY CREDIT CARD STATEMENT CONFIRMATION THINKING IT WAS OHIO. yup completely lost it at this point
Me thinking I got an email from oregon or Ohio but it’s actually just ubereats sending me a coupon😂

• Haha
Me thinking I got an email from oregon or Ohio but it’s actually just ubereats sending me a coupon😂
Can use the coupon to get food to celebrate or if the news isn’t good. I’ll def be eating either way when I hear any news 🙃

• Haha
So I´m 2nd time OOS, now IS applicant and I quite literally got my invite last year at 1030 CST. It´s ridiculous haha. Welcome to everyone who will be checking their emails every time they wake up to pee the next few days.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So I´m 2nd time OOS, now IS applicant and I quite literally got my invite last year at 1030 CST. It´s ridiculous haha. Welcome to everyone who will be checking their emails every time they wake up to pee the next few days.
on which day tho :unsure:

My anxiety is peaked. Been rejected to 3/4 so far. Only have gotten into the most expensive one I applied to. I am grateful but STRESSING. Really hope tosu pulls through

• Care
My anxiety is peaked. Been rejected to 3/4 so far. Only have gotten into the most expensive one I applied to. I am grateful but STRESSING. Really hope tosu pulls through
Oh congrats! Where did you get in??

last year it was late evening just a few days before Christmas.

Attachments

• 64DD4E72-40CC-41AB-ABFC-3165841A58CC.jpeg
    64DD4E72-40CC-41AB-ABFC-3165841A58CC.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 182
i don't think we hear back today or tomorrow tbh. I got a feeling for Wednesday or Thursday.

Reactions: 2 users
DAILY REMINDER THAT WE GOT THIS Y'ALL WE ALL GONNA MAKE IT!! OHIO STATE OR NOT WE ALL GONNA BE DOCTORS!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone know if we need to send in our fall transcripts?
If you get accepted, they will likely ask you to send them in before you’re fully cemented as a student for the fall. They did that for grad school.

Does anyone have any potential insider info as to when we can expect to hear back?😩

Someone take one for the team and call them???? pls :bag: ......

Idk why but my Spidey senses are tingling that we might hear tomorrow 🧐

• Haha
Idk why but my Spidey senses are tingling that we might hear tomorrow 🧐
Replying to this to manifest an ✨IS interview invite✨ after my 4 straight rejections 😩😩😩

• Care
Who knows, maybe it’d be tonight at 10PM like last year🤷🏼‍♀️🥲

I'm so loving everyone's support and wishes for each other ❤️

IS applicant. Got an interview with Missouri and Lmu. But rejected from Purdue and msu. Manifesting an interview with my #1 school Ohio state. 🙏

• Care
per Facebook APVMA - someone just heard from Ohio! Check your emails and portals! Sending you all good vibes and thoughts!

my inner mantra rn as i sit here with no email: NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS

ok well both people that posted about their rejections are oos so maybe ohio state is doing waves???