Ohio State c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry in advance for all of these questions šŸ˜… Iā€™m just a little lost at the moment and wanted to see if anyone had any answers. Has anyone received the booklist yet? I do not have experience with student loans and this will my first time using them I completed my FASFA in January and sent it to OSUā€¦. Do I now need to contact OSU or FASFA regarding payment? Finally, where would one find grants to apply to if still applicable. Thank you!!!
I actually just found the financial aid info on OSUs website!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry in advance for all of these questions šŸ˜… Iā€™m just a little lost at the moment and wanted to see if anyone had any answers. Has anyone received the booklist yet? I do not have experience with student loans and this will my first time using them I completed my FASFA in January and sent it to OSUā€¦. Do I now need to contact OSU or FASFA regarding payment? Finally, where would one find grants to apply to if still applicable. Thank you!!!
You wonā€™t get book (or class schedule) information until closer to the start of the year! Probably late July/early August so donā€™t worry too much about that yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I will be attending OSU for medical school and I'm looking for a roommate that is in a graduate/professional program. I know this is the vet school thread, but wanted to post here in case anyone is interested!

I'm looking for a female roommate. I found a townhouse that is a 10 minute walk from the medical campus. It's $700 plus utilities per month for each person. You also get the chance to live with a 25 lb sweet goldendoodle named Boba.

If you know of anyone looking for a roommate or are interested DM me!

Can anyone tell me if we have a particular scrub color we will be wearing or if there will be specific scrubs required for purchase?

Can anyone tell me if we have a particular scrub color we will be wearing or if there will be specific scrubs required for purchase?
Hi there! Youā€™ll need ceil blue scrubs from the OSU book store. Theyā€™ll have information for you sometime this summer, but they come with the OSU logo on the shirt. Youā€™ll have to wear those for clinical skills labs and SOCC clinic shifts. Youā€™ll be able to wear whatever scrubs you want for anatomy lab.

Are rabies vaccines required prior to class?
Theyā€™re usually due around Christmas break of your first year. Some people get them at the student health center on campus during the semester, no rush to do them over the summer. I definitely recommend checking around and calling your insurance to verify coverage. When I got them two years ago the OSU student health center charged ~$520 per shot. Walgreens and CVS usually can do them a bit cheaper.

Hi there! Youā€™ll need ceil blue scrubs from the OSU book store. Theyā€™ll have information for you sometime this summer, but they come with the OSU logo on the shirt. Youā€™ll have to wear those for clinical skills labs and SOCC clinic shifts. Youā€™ll be able to wear whatever scrubs you want for anatomy lab.
Thank you!

Are rabies vaccines required prior to class?
Assuming they follow the same timing as last year, we had to have our rabies series COMPLETED by September 30th. You can definitely get that done once you move to Columbus & get started on the student health insurance - I did not do that and I WAAAAAAAAAAY overpaid for my vaccines. The most popular option was to get it done at Kroger, $40 a shot!

As for books, Iā€™m going to tell you right now, you should have access to free or online copies of virtually all your books - I got the anatomy guides for dog & horse, and thatā€™s it. You can also likely find cheap/free copies of textbooks from upperclassmen, I was able to get a copy of the radiology textbook from my 3rd year roommate. Try to find ways to save money where you can!

Thank you!
Also just FYI if you like the Purple Label brand of scrubs, their ceil blue scrub bottoms are the same shade as the OSU required ones, so getting those are an option if you donā€™t like the bottoms they offer! I, personally, am a SUPER short and curvier woman, and none of the scrub bottoms from the school store really fit me. Purple Label are a little roomier & I already knew they fit me from previous jobs.

Also, the scrubs take a while to come in, which the Clinical Skills team knows, just make sure you have a pair or two of clean matching ones (any color) to wear for your first few weeks!

Assuming they follow the same timing as last year, we had to have our rabies series COMPLETED by September 30th. You can definitely get that done once you move to Columbus & get started on the student health insurance - I did not do that and I WAAAAAAAAAAY overpaid for my vaccines. The most popular option was to get it done at Kroger, $40 a shot!

As for books, Iā€™m going to tell you right now, you should have access to free or online copies of virtually all your books - I got the anatomy guides for dog & horse, and thatā€™s it. You can also likely find cheap/free copies of textbooks from upperclassmen, I was able to get a copy of the radiology textbook from my 3rd year roommate. Try to find ways to save money where you can!
Thank you so much!!!