Ohio State Interviewees - Pl advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I just called up OSU's admissions office, and they told me that they were going in the order of highest MCAT/GPAs first for calling people for interviews.

If you got an OSU interview, do you mind posting or PMing me your MCAT/GPA? I just want to validate that what she said was true. My MCAT was 33/4.0

Thanks for any reassurances

Members don't see this ad.

TripleDegree said:
Hi

I just called up OSU's admissions office, and they told me that they were going in the order of highest MCAT/GPAs first for calling people for interviews.

If you got an OSU interview, do you mind posting or PMing me your MCAT/GPA? I just want to validate that what she said was true. My MCAT was 33/4.0

Thanks for any reassurances

So that explains why I haven't heard from OSU yet...

That does make since. I know for a fact that they use a numbers rating system to screen for interviews. MCAT, GPA and other mystery factors are assigned point values. Anyone over their mystery threshold gets an interview. Not sure if they do invites in order, though. I'm at 28T/3.76 so that probably puts me in the middle of things. Haven't heard, but it's only been a couple of weeks I've been complete (minus letters, which they don't screen for interview purposes).

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't make sense, though. I have stats lower than TripleDegree (32 MCAT, 3.83 GPA), but I got an interview.

chickenpotpie said:
Maybe TripleDegree's letters are not in yet?

OSU does interviews without recommendations. LORs are only used in the post-interview phase.

Jason

number ******! and i thought that they liked me for me...... :(

UCLAstudent said:
It doesn't make sense, though.

I hate when I'm wrong.... :(

But they definitely use a numbers system. That I know.

i'm sure its old news by now, but ohio state's new administration has major penis-envy over UMich's reputation, so now osu is making a huge push for the high GPA/high MCAT applicants.

btw, 35/3.97 OH resident; interview 9/15.

Hey cool! I'll be interviewing with you on the 15th, superdevil. I got my invite 8/23; no LORs yet and I'm out-of-state, so I was surprised, but the stats thing makes sense, since I have high numbers. I'm imagining a room full of low-social-skilled gunners, freaking out over their first interview. I'll be freaking out anyway.

Originally Posted by lorelei
Hey cool! I'll be interviewing with you on the 15th, superdevil. I got my invite 8/23; no LORs yet and I'm out-of-state, so I was surprised, but the stats thing makes sense, since I have high numbers. I'm imagining a room full of low-social-skilled gunners, freaking out over their first interview. I'll be freaking out anyway.
excellent! it always helps to have a fellow SDNer in your corner! :laugh:

yeah, it'll just be us super-gunners w/no social skills (i learned that people with good stats can't communicate well from SDN :confused: ;)), all freaking out at our first interview (except for us ultra-mega-gunners who have already had interviews)! ;)

superdevil said:
excellent! it always helps to have a fellow SDNer in your corner! :laugh:

See, I'm going to know who you are because you're going to be the one with pants up to your armpits and glasses fixed with tape. That's what everyone on the intarweb looks like.

superdevil said:
(i learned that people with good stats can't communicate well from SDN :confused: ;))

SDN is a fount of useful information. And everything we read here is true right?

I'm a tad nervous. I had to reschedule the interview, but the only available date was the very first day that they interview! Do you guys think adcoms are out to get people who interview on the first day? Lol, now I'm being irrational. I think I just have a case of first-interview jitters.

im scared too! i hope nothing stupid comes out of my mouth.....

wends said:
im scared too! i hope nothing stupid comes out of my mouth.....

Yeah, same here. I hope I don't blank out. Is it your first interview?

yeah it is, cause my LORs arent in at any school :oops: ..... wow, you got a jeff interview?! wow.........pls tell me how it goes!

wends said:
yeah it is, cause my LORs arent in at any school :oops: ..... wow, you got a jeff interview?! wow.........pls tell me how it goes!

Will do! I got OSU first thing in the morning yesterday, and Jefferson right before I went to bed. :laugh: What a weird (but good) day!