You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Ohio State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
fireandice19
New Member
6/28When did you submit
I had the exact same question, I have looked ant other websites and they all have it the same way. Why would it say family medicine on the community medicine track? But even if we substitute family medicine with community medicine for that question, I’m having trouble seeing how it would be different to the other CMT question.is that community medicine prompt correct? why would it ask the same exact question as the family medicine track?
Does anyone have any input on this? The help will be greatly appreciated!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SoftPotatoKing
Full Member
Has anyone still not received their application processed email? I paid and submitted on 7/5, received the acknowledgment email but I keep getting the application incomplete email.
eggfriedrice
Full Member
I got an email about my application being complete the day after I submitted. Did you get some emails afterward asking you to activate your student portal? If not, I might reach out to themHas anyone still not received their application processed email? I paid and submitted on 7/5, received the acknowledgment email but I keep getting the application incomplete email.
SoftPotatoKing
Full Member
Nope, I only got the receipt for my payment and an acknowledgment email. I'm going to call tomorrow and try to sort it out.I got an email about my application being complete the day after I submitted. Did you get some emails afterward asking you to activate your student portal? If not, I might reach out to them
Last edited:
D
deleted1194271
where do you see this?is anyone else's application "under review"
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
+1 II OOS Recieved 8/7, complete 7/9
LM?
efficientnet_b0
Full Member
First interview! OOS 8/7, complete 7/22, LM 78
barca2eth
Full Member
D
deleted1125342
did anyoen try to call to reschedule interview? i did but was just asked to leave voicemail
pedropedropedro
Full Member
+1 II, OOS, complete 7/19, LM 83!
Last edited:
Same, but I haven't heard back today. Not sure if I should email them tomorrow morning since we only have 72 hours to get back to them?did anyoen try to call to reschedule interview? i did but was just asked to leave voicemail
+1 II, OOS, complete 7/10, LM 81
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1125342
Yeah this is my exact concern as well. I think I’ll email tomorrow afternoon if I get no response and then I’ll just confirm it for whatever date on Friday if there’s still nothingSame, but I haven't heard back today. Not sure if I should email them tomorrow morning since we only have 72 hours to get back to them?
+1 II, OOS, complete 7/10, LM 81
yeah I submitted the same day. Its alright, schools generally target the most competitive applicants first. I hope by applying broadly and keeping busy an II invite will eventually come my way. You have already done the hard work, you got this. SDN literally only brings me more stress, yet I keep checking it for some reason.Anyone else submitted pretty early (7/12) with no response yet?
Last edited:
II from 8/7 (complete 7/9)
athleticdoc
Full Member
i put mine into text edit (mac) and still got question marksAm i toast? Their application portal is so glitchy and it warned me to check my essays after saving them in the portal so that it wouldn't accidentally insert ??? in place of other punctuation marks, and I did/everything was fine, but then after I submitted my secondary, I went back to look at it and it was RIDDLED with question marks. Should I email their adcom to politely be like, "these punctuation errors do not represent me" or something? I am so frustrated that the portal did that, makes my responses look like jokes...
lean.idler
Full Member
Is anyone else's Vitals page completely blank in the Evaluations section?
My application was marked complete but my school's committee letter hasn't been submitted; does Ohio State evaluate the application without letters of rec?
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
The OSU account that we make, as instructed in the email after submitting the secondary - what is it for? do we just make it and thats all? like what is the point of making it?
Mine is, but I have no idea what is supposed to be there insteadIs anyone else's Vitals page completely blank in the Evaluations section?
lazilyncalmly
Full Member
So, uh, MSTP prompt anyone?
banananabread
Full Member
why are there so many accounts and portals and emails 😭
virgil-hawkins
Full Member
+1 II!
OOS, secondary submitted 8/1, LM 80
OOS, secondary submitted 8/1, LM 80
Last edited:
+1 II, IS, complete 7/25, LM 82
congrats! what time did u receive it?+1 II, IS, complete 7/25, LM 82
artetaball
New Member
Im pretty sure I did the same and got an II if that makes you feel better. I submitted very early though 🙂 like early july-ishhow bad is it if i answered last years secondary question instead of this years? it showed me last years instead of this years new updated reasons for health equities question and its making me nervous
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About 8:45 AM.congrats! what time did u receive it?
lazilyncalmly
Full Member
Genuinely one of the worstSubmitted. I was NOT a fan of their secondary portal. 😵
indeterminateorigin
New Member
Why are there like 3 portals for this school 🤔
Because the 4th one still under developmentWhy are there like 3 portals for this school 🤔
congrats! compelte date?+1 II IS
7/11congrats! compelte date?
Are y'all doing thank you letters? I got my interviewers' names but I don't see a place to upload one and I didn't see anything about thank you letters in the emails.
they sent an attachment in the followup email with everyone's emails so you can send a thank you note to interviewers directly!Are y'all doing thank you letters? I got my interviewers' names but I don't see a place to upload one and I didn't see anything about thank you letters in the emails.
TheHelper74
Full Member
II just now from THE Ohio State. LM 83. Submitted 7/15
Congratulations! Happy Monday indeed!!!
No its not gonna look 'bad'I'm an OOS resident, for the "Please indicate any affiliations with Ohio or Ohio State University that would not otherwise be apparent from your application." prompt, will it look bad if I put N/A? does anyone know?
robot_soup
Full Member
if it doesn't apply to you then don't fill it out 🙂I'm an OOS resident, for the "Please indicate any affiliations with Ohio or Ohio State University that would not otherwise be apparent from your application." prompt, will it look bad if I put N/A? does anyone know?
adcoms read so many of these things that I feel like it would be annoying reading an answer to a question that doesn't pertain to an applicant
Anytime from now to April. Welcome to the grindHow late can July submitters hear back? 7/16 submission date, LM 78 still no news back :[
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tibial.Tuberosity
Full Member
Is it normal to receive interview later for July submitters?Anytime from now to April. Welcome to the grind
yes! most schools do not go in order of submission date for interview invites. as long if you havent been sent a formal rejection letter you are still under consideration for an interviewIs it normal to receive interview later for July submitters?
robot_soup
Full Member
Anyone interview here and have any last-minute advice? This is my first non-MMI and I'm getting a bit nervous... 
I’m not interviewing, but I’m a M1 at OSUCOM.Anyone interview here and have any last-minute advice? This is my first non-MMI and I'm getting a bit nervous...![]()
The only advice I have is the cliche stuff: be personable, try not to brag, just be a human being. The interviewers are not there to focus on your negatives; they are there to find out what makes you special and highlight that to the committee. Best of luck!
gudeggtama
Full Member
these promotional emails are gonna drive me insane