Ohio State MEDPATH 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
didn't get in

same here...you can ask Nikki where you stand (rank) on the alternate list. If you are on the top, I think you can still get in if any rescinds their offer. Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

And congratulations to all who made it!! :bow:

So do they rank everyone who isn't accepted? Or do they accept some, waitlist some, and reject the rest?

Members don't see this ad :)
So do they rank everyone who isn't accepted? Or do they accept some, waitlist some, and reject the rest?

15 goes in; 15 are alternates. the 15 alternates are ranked and that tells who goes in first whenever anybody rescinds the offer...I know that I am fifth so that means 5 spots need to be vacated--which is unlikely:cry:. according to Nikki, there were only 2 spots last year for alternates...but who knows..it can be 10 this year (how I wish!!) Oh well, congrats again to everybody who made it!! For those who didn't make it, what are your plans? Reapply? Privy me if you want :)

\
lol..well i mean.. i would have to wait another weekend.. and at the moment work is getting on my nerves..sooo..i would be mentally rushing the weekend by to slave another week at work.. and then.. on monday.. i would have to fight traffic to get to my parents house after work..meaning i would get there about 7 pm after driving atleast 2 hrs in traffic.. after working alllll day.. thats pretty much the what..lol...

sooo tommorrow would be so ideal! :)

I hope it's good news for you! That would be an awesome weekend surprise...:D

didn't get in

sorry to hear:mad:

same here...you can ask Nikki where you stand (rank) on the alternate list. If you are on the top, I think you can still get in if any rescinds their offer. Good luck everyone!!

not again...:thumbdown:

15 goes in; 15 are alternates. the 15 alternates are ranked and that tells who goes in first whenever anybody rescinds the offer...I know that I am fifth so that means 5 spots need to be vacated--which is unlikely:cry:. according to Nikki, there were only 2 spots last year for alternates...but who knows..it can be 10 this year (how I wish!!) Oh well, congrats again to everybody who made it!! For those who didn't make it, what are your plans? Reapply? Privy me if you want :)

PMing you now...

Hey all, did you look at your status on the portal? Mine says my file closed. Is that a bad thing?

Mine says the same and I did not get in. I am not sure about those who got in though..

Hey all, did you look at your status on the portal? Mine says my file closed. Is that a bad thing?

from what I've read, no. It really just means that the letters are sent, final decisions have been made as it relates to MEDPATH...pretty standard from what I hear...good luck!

Accepted!! Received letter today!:soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS!...you can now breathe your long awaited sigh of relief! Good stuff!

Thank you!! Good luck to everyone else waiting and those who were waitlisted...when one door closes another one opens!! :luck:

CONGRATULATIONS!

well...nothing came in the mail today 4 me... i guess monday it is..hopefully

yeah to clear up the question/comment I had earlier, your file being closed doesn't mean you weren't accepted,i spoke with a current medpath student and she said hers said the same thing...keep hope alive!

**warning: rant**

oook..so at first i felt bad for the USPS because they were taking a big hit because of e-mail and all that.. but now..umm it seems to me that they still cant handle whatever diminished volume they have.. it should not take a week to send a letter halfway across the US....it wouldve gotten here by stage coach or even carrier pigeon by now.... so if the USPS wants more people to use their service they need to get it together!!!

/rant over...

:: deep breath..exhale:: woosah::

in other news im having a great saturday! congratulations to all the lurkers who have gotten in as well! :D

**warning: rant**

oook..so at first i felt bad for the USPS because they were taking a big hit because of e-mail and all that.. but now..umm it seems to me that they still cant handle whatever diminished volume they have.. it should not take a week to send a letter halfway across the US....it wouldve gotten here by stage coach or even carrier pigeon by now.... so if the USPS wants more people to use their service they need to get it together!!!

/rant over...

:: deep breath..exhale:: woosah::

in other news im having a great saturday! congratulations to all the lurkers who have gotten in as well! :D
such a sweet message ha ha

i actually have a feeling that all the letters werent sent out at the same time...because people far have gotten letter and people close havent and ofcourse vice versa... sooo.. if thats the case sorry usps..lol

Congrats to those that made it in! Please add yourself to the facebook group so we can see who made it and start 2 get 2 to know each other!:)

didn't make alternate list

on the 12th I think there were 15? I feel like that day was forever ago and was such a blur!

on the 12th I think there were 15? I feel like that day was forever ago and was such a blur!

I believe there were 17 people on the 12th, I counted. I guess I'm the only one that didn't make any list

Cmon people ...I know sokme of y'all have gotten mail today...I think this has got 2 be a rough year because it seems like were all jacked up.. if you will

nothing in the mail again today... should i call?

Ike, I would email Nikki..it could have been lost in the mail and for sure she will tell you..Good luck!!

oh i see.. what state are you in again? and youve received word correct?

Ike, am in California. Yes i got my not-so-great news through the email which I earlier sent her asking. Good luck Ike :)

oh no im sorry to hear that... :( so she told you via email? you havent received a formal letter yet?

I asked her through email last Friday since I could not wait for the mail and I would not be around for the mail on the next day Saturday. But I did get the mail just this mornig. It is a thin enveople and one-page letter --It was just an official confirmation that I did not make it :cry:... I wish you get a better news than me..Good luck again!

I asked her through email last Friday since I could not wait for the mail and I would not be around for the mail on the next day Saturday. But I did get the mail just this mornig. It is a thin enveople and one-page letter --It was just an official confirmation that I did not make it :cry:... I wish you get a better news than me..Good luck again!

o wow.. im sorry about that...and thank you... i would guess that it would take longer to get to cali than to tx.. i went ahead and emailed her though..

o wow.. im sorry about that...and thank you... i would guess that it would take longer to get to cali than to tx.. i went ahead and emailed her though..

yeah i didn't get my mailed and i emailed her. I am an alternate. my ranking is pretty good...

Hi Guys. I did not make it. I am a little sad but I still have options and I am blessed for that! Congrats to all who made it !!!!!! To those who didn't dont worry I pray God's perfect will for your life!!!! Continue to pursue your dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys. I did not make it. I am a little sad but I still have options and I am blessed for that! Congrats to all who made it !!!!!! To those who didn't dont worry I pray God's perfect will for your life!!!! Continue to pursue your dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even to the alternate list? If not, then what is going on? According to the numbers y'all posted there were 31 interviewees, and that's already 2 people who have not made even the alternate list. So now there could only be upwards of 29 acceptees/alternates. Maybe they only rank 5-10 on the alternate list?

:confused: