Ohio State MEDPATH 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am still confused about how the decision is going to be sent. Is it through the mail? or through email? Does anyone know? In the past threads, I remember them receiving though the mail, in fact, somebody was chasing the mailman. In some other posts, it is through email with link to the status change..Anyone who have contact with Medpath office recently?

per Aphios5: Update! Ms. Radcliffe states that we'll receive a notification in the mail sometime this week. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Here is her response verbatim, folks:

"Candidates for the MEDPATH program should expect to receive notification before or by the end of this week via mail."

...i'm interpreting this statement to mean that we should receive an envelope in our mailboxes by the end of the week...

...but I am also recalled to the MEDPATH information session where one of the current MP'ers stated that OSU told them they would receive word via postal mail, however, someone from the office called to notify her first instead....

My brain hurts...lol.

Here is her response verbatim, folks:

"Candidates for the MEDPATH program should expect to receive notification before or by the end of this week via mail."

...i'm interpreting this statement to mean that we should receive an envelope in our mailboxes by the end of the week...

...but I am also recalled to the MEDPATH information session where one of the current MP'ers stated that OSU told them they would receive word via postal mail, however, someone from the office called to notify her first instead....

My brain hurts...lol.

And here is some more from Nikki about how we will get notified:

"Your Status Page will be updated and you will receive a letter by U.S. mail indicating a MEDPATH decision. Letters will not be forwarded until the end of this week."

So I guess you get a status change notification first. And then the official letter comes in later. :claps:

Members don't see this ad :)
per Aphios5: Update! Ms. Radcliffe states that we'll receive a notification in the mail sometime this week. :)

Thanks Tortue for the info too!

And here is some more from Nikki about how we will get notified:

"Your Status Page will be updated and you will receive a letter by U.S. mail indicating a MEDPATH decision. Letters will not be forwarded until the end of this week."

So I guess you get a status change notification first. And then the official letter comes in later. :claps:

This response is definitely more specific ...additionally, if letters will not be forwarded until the end of the week, more than likely we wouldn't receive them until the following week, not to mention those that live on the West Coast...

Thanks for asking again, swc12nap1!! Now back to checking my OSU BuckeyeLink, my OSU Status Page, my email, and of course this thread for the latest and greatest updates.......:bang: (Lol)

This response is definitely more specific ...additionally, if letters will not be forwarded until the end of the week, more than likely we wouldn't receive them until the following week, not to mention those that live on the West Coast...

Thanks for asking again, swc12nap1!! Now back to checking my OSU BuckeyeLink, my OSU Status Page, my email, and of course this thread for the latest and greatest updates.......:bang: (Lol)

this......lmao

The wait is killing me :boom:

Still nota-nothing on the status page+pity+. Should be tomorrow Friday..

is the medportal thing typically updated in the morning only?

I think so :oops:, but I keep checking my e-mail and the emptiness of my inbox is driving me crazy...:whistle:

umm..so ive had a really hard, rough day at work today.. and ive refrained from verbally abusing anyone..which was very hard.. :D soo..that usually means something really good is going to happen to me soon..usually within 24 hrs.. so that leads me to believe we should hear some news by this time tomorrow.. and hopefully it will be good!

Que Sera, Sera, :whistle:
Whatever will be, will be :whistle:
The future's not ours, to see :whistle:
Que Sera, Sera :whistle:
What will be, will be. :whistle:

Either I'm gonna sing this one in the shower or do some yoga for tomorrow's verdict.

Members don't see this ad :)
pretty quiet in my inbox... oh and sorry for posting random comments..lol.i. know when you guys see the thread back at the top you scramble to click it to see if there has been any progress..

pretty quiet in my inbox... oh and sorry for posting random comments..lol.i. know when you guys see the thread back at the top you scramble to click it to see if there has been any progress..

yup...my inbox is pretty empty too :eyebrow:

This is going to be a long weekend..:cry:

swc--just the initial of my dog's name :)

wow so is there no chance of getting a status update for the rest of the day?

I lost hope of getting an update today...but even if we get an update, the status does not show their decision, right? It just lets us know that letters have been mailed out? :eek:

wow so is there no chance of getting a status update for the rest of the day?

yes i think status notification happens only in the morning - I remember when we got our notice for Medpath referral and also the interview notice it was all in the am. But I could be wrong..

yes i think status notification happens only in the morning - I remember when we got our notice for Medpath referral and also the interview notice it was all in the am. But I could be wrong..

yeah all that stuff happend in the morning.. well.. ..so..answers are atleast a whole weekend away..maybe longer...i wish she would email us and let us know whats going on.. and a definite time frame..because its gone from monday to..the end of the week.. and then all the days inbetween.. but it seems weve gone passed all of those..

so what does your name mean? and the rest of you? aphios and swc...

..some guy wrote me a poem in middle school and this was the name of the poem...the number 5 has been somewhat of a common number in my life...

I lost hope of getting an update today...but even if we get an update, the status does not show their decision, right? It just lets us know that letters have been mailed out? :eek:

...and the plot thickens! So, really there's no need to even check the status page anymore...great.

Have an incredible weekend, folks!

"Thank you for your patience as our staff completes the selection process for the 2010 MEDPATH Post Baccalaureate Program Entering Class. A formal letter communicating the College of Medicine Admissions Committee decision will be mailed during the early part of next week.

We apologize for any inconvenience or anxiety that this delay has caused and we thank you for your understanding."

...maybe they're reading these boards, too.:)

"Thank you for your patience as our staff completes the selection process for the 2010 MEDPATH Post Baccalaureate Program Entering Class. A formal letter communicating the College of Medicine Admissions Committee decision will be mailed during the early part of next week.

We apologize for any inconvenience or anxiety that this delay has caused and we thank you for your understanding."

What?? OMG...I guess I have to reset my brain to Wednesday next week then. Between then, I am gonna go shopping, watch movies, strolling in the beach...do lots of yoga....ughhh..just to take the anxiety away..

What?? OMG...I guess I have to reset my brain to Wednesday next week then. Between then, I am gonna go shopping, watch movies, strolling in the beach...do lots of yoga....ughhh..just to take the anxiety away..

..side note...for those of you who interviewed on Wednesday, do any of you remember the name of the man who came in and said, 'man, yall are sooo quiet', loosen up...? random i know!

right she just might be..lol.. thanks nikki! :D

So I take it that your not able to direct your application to med-path. I would like to apply just to OSU for medpath but I guess thats not possible. :(

You kinda can. I just wrote a letter of intent to the medpath program and they emailed me back saying I could apply

K people weeek 2 officially starts.. however I till need clarity.. so our status updates will only say that a decision has been made.. not whether or not we were accepted? Is that the general consensus?

You kinda can. I just wrote a letter of intent to the medpath program and they emailed me back saying I could apply
:wow::barf:I never even thought of that. And it's the only reason I applied to OSU. Oh, well. Everything happens for a reason. :cry:

K people weeek 2 officially starts.. however I till need clarity.. so our status updates will only say that a decision has been made.. not whether or not we were accepted? Is that the general consensus?

Based on Nikki's letter she sent us last Friday,

"A formal letter communicating the College of Medicine Admissions Committee decision will be mailed during the early part of next week.",

and based on this, my understanding is that they are going to mail the decision through the postal system. She did not mention anything about the change of status email which she mentioned earlier...

Oh well, however they let us know, I hope it will come so soon!!!!!

So well, it is time to chase the postman!

Does thick envelope = accepted

and

Thin envelope = rejected (or laternate)?

What do you guys think? :lock:

So well, it is time to chase the postman!

Does thick envelope = accepted

and

Thin envelope = rejected (or laternate)?

What do you guys think? :lock:

lol..umm.. i would think thin for both.. or maybe accepted means 1 extra page which will still be a thin envelope... i dont know... :)

Nothing today..maybe manyana..:poke: