Program-Specific Info / Q's Ohio State OTD 18-19 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email from OSU last night at 12am stating my application was rejected.. I find this so weird because my interview was last Thursday, and they said it would be 2-3 weeks for them to make a decision. Here we are just a week later and I get an email at 12am, stating their decision. Does anyone find this odd? Should I try contacting them or just let it go?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email from OSU last night at 12am stating my application was rejected.. I find this so weird because my interview was last Thursday, and they said it would be 2-3 weeks for them to make a decision. Here we are just a week later and I get an email at 12am, stating their decision. Does anyone find this odd? Should I try contacting them or just let it go?

I didn’t apply there, but last year I interviewed on a Friday afternoon, and had a rejection email by Monday morning. I think some schools rank their candidates before the interviews and have an idea of who they want.

But I feel the exact same way you do, how does any school reject anyone that fast! Don’t they understand we have feelings!

Reactions: 1 user
does anybody know what the deadline is for those who were accepted to pay their deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know what the deadline is for those who were accepted to pay their deposit?

At the interview day in December they said 3 weeks after they offered, but also that if you contact them they will work with you based on financial need, waiting for other options, etc. My deposit said it was due two weeks after they offered in the BuckeyeLink system but I didn’t question it cuz I planned on paying anyway.

anyone know if they are making a facebook page for the group of students that will be attending? i feel like we haven't gotten much info

anyone know if they are making a facebook page for the group of students that will be attending? i feel like we haven't gotten much info

Hi! Yes, if you’ve been offered and accepted then you can check your OSU email and there’s links to the Facebook groups in a newsletter email!

To anyone who applied for a fellowship they’re starting to notify for them. Will be official around March 5th though

Is anyone still waiting on the waitlist? I was wondering if any more people were planning on leaving their spot. Also, has anyone received an updated spot email yet? I want to go to OSU so bad, but I guess realistically my chances are slim (my number is in the 20s) :(

Is anyone still waiting on the waitlist? I was wondering if any more people were planning on leaving their spot. Also, has anyone received an updated spot email yet? I want to go to OSU so bad, but I guess realistically my chances are slim (my number is in the 20s) :(
Yes still waiting. Idk how long this process takes but it feels like forever!!! lol I think your chances are pretty good

Yes still waiting. Idk how long this process takes but it feels like forever!!! lol I think your chances are pretty good

What number are you? Are you like definitely going to OSU if they accept you? Maybe we'll be classmates!!! The waiting is FOREVER! :p

What number are you? Are you like definitely going to OSU if they accept you? Maybe we'll be classmates!!! The waiting is FOREVER! :p
My number is 40 so my chances are slim to none lol I would def go there if they accept me!

The waitlist closes the Friday before classes begin. I moved a total of 17 spots and did not get in, finished in the top 5.