Okami WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh please Lawpy, you're going to try to shade me over that? You do realize the wink wink people added into their contigency votes had zero chance of fooling wolves that way, especially given from whom they came? And that of any villager in existence I am probably the one most able to be convincing about possibly misyeeting samac? Before that contingency I was very consistent in my samac read after D1. She made it to the ccc list but never back in the POE after D1.

But as a wolf I have given serious thought to what a villager said that might otherwise be taken as a joke, I call it the principle of "wolf hope for misyeets springs eternal". So I thought it worth trying to act like my contingency was real since of any player I had maybe the best shot of selling that hope to wolves.
I’m stating your samacs read wasn’t making sense and were coming across as contradictory.. whether through salt reasoning or through paranoia to wanting to blocc or joining with others in apparently now joke contingency yeeting her.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why did you want to blocc with samacs if you’re paranoid about samacs and even serious voted her?
Lawpy I don't think I can blocc people without voicing concerns on them as an aside.

This is why I will not blame you for expressing concern about the WO wagon. But you are taking it beyond that to a place of la la land.

Concerns are valid and paranoid villagers will voice them. It's where you vote and push that counts.

I think myself creating two lists, my POE I am voting, and my paranoia list on my villagey and neutral reads, is the smartest thing I've done in a long time. This was in response to WZ saying it's hard to know how I feel about people.

we were all trying to keep samac from dying! Are you gonna use the "for realz" as evidence now?
I thought there was a snowball's chance I might give the wolves pause, that they might think they should leave samac a little longer thinking her continued life would stoke paranoia and that I might turn on her. We hoped and worked for this in 10 Ann (nvm it didn't really work) so I thought it was possible that this pack might try for it if given some encouragement.

Has a point. Had a weird vibe from samac. Did anyone answer my post about samac wolf meta???

Btw not caught up on like 10 pages. Gonna just start with the night write up, get current, then go back and look at the 10 pages I missed.
I'm jiving with samac for the most part this game. Yes, I know I voted her earlier. The jiving is relative. Compared to past games we're practically bloccing in a soul mind meld or some nonsense.

Does a samac true pack make sense?

If I read you wolf this just tells me Vis and Zuri aren't wolfing with you. I dunno.

My list is probably not much different though.

Wolf theater on TN's part perhaps?
The whole sequence of events surrounding the Truey and samacs reads is coming across as erratic and inconsistent.

dogs looking GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i think he's kind of shooting himself in the foot by sussing me as AM and i are the only players who have expressed any suspicion of fluff at all. so it's fun that he's got us both in his POE
He doesn't have AM in his POE...

Reactions: 1 user
i think he's kind of shooting himself in the foot by sussing me as AM and i are the only players who have expressed any suspicion of fluff at all. so it's fun that he's got us both in his POE

i didn't say you did.
“Us” must be ambiguous because that post sounded like i have you and AM in POE despite both of you suspecting fluffy as opposed to you and fluffy in my POE

The fact that my POE reads can suspect each other isn’t surprising?

I can't vote woxy, i feel like that's just mean. Dubz seems village. Tempted to vote zenge. i don't really want to yeet anyone today. can i be a conscientious objector today?
genny pls this is noncommittal in a wolfy manner, analogous to saying D1 wasn’t really eventful and I don’t want to vote for a relatively new player for being inactive

This combined with inclination to vote for zenges (and actually doing so (why?)) before last minute unyeeting him in a bizarrely hedgy manner to avoid receiving any blame

Reactions: 1 users
I’m stating your samacs read wasn’t making sense and were coming across as contradictory.. whether through salt reasoning or through paranoia to wanting to blocc or joining with others in apparently now joke contingency yeeting her.
Yeah people are so obsessed with this idea wolves flip flop, that it's ridiculously easy to avoid when wolfing and so I do. Meanwhile not realizing it's next to impossible to avoid when villaging, if you don't claim to have any magic powers reading any other particular players.

The game literally hinges on telling the difference between confused chaotic wrong villager from wolves doing it on purpose for wolfy purposes. Keep trying lawpy

Yeah people are so obsessed with this idea wolves flip flop, that it's ridiculously easy to avoid when wolfing and so I do. Meanwhile not realizing it's next to impossible to avoid when villaging, if you don't claim to have any magic powers reading any other particular players.

The game literally hinges on telling the difference between confused chaotic wrong villager from wolves doing it on purpose for wolfy purposes. Keep trying lawpy
That is exactly the point I am trying to make. I don’t think you’re doing this out of genuine confusion. It’s more on the grounds of making a stand and backtracking combined with following certain widely village read players (but still adding suspicion to them to continue following the Trust No One theme) to remain looking like you’re villaging

This also connects to my point about the low accuracy/high error salt read stance. Salt reads by their nature are NAI but to force an affiliation to them is a stretch that can be used for anything (see RNG votes, sheeping votes, and even meta votes). All of these are NAI by their nature so trying to claim credit for overjustifying the Woxy D1 pressure vote is a major stretch

before last minute unyeeting him in a bizarrely hedgy manner to avoid receiving any blame
you've wolfed with me. does that actually sound like something i'd do as a wolf? unyeet a villager to avoid blame, while potentially placing woxy n danger? that vote was so volatile at the end, anything could have happened. i'd stay put as a wolf and go for the easy misyeet.

you've wolfed with me. does that actually sound like something i'd do as a wolf? unyeet a villager to avoid blame, while potentially placing woxy n danger? that vote was so volatile at the end, anything could have happened. i'd stay put as a wolf and go for the easy misyeet.
Or, alternatively, you saw the Woxy wagon disintegrated and thought removing your vote on Zenges would still ensure his yeet.

Actually thanks for bringing that up because I’ve been thinking about it and in both this game and bowling vis made the claim that they wanted to go easy on noobs while casting sus on noobs which I called out as feeling wolfy. In that game I also went down screaming to consider vis sus after people who had listed vis toward the top of their poe were nightkilled and people told me that was too hamfisted for vis but it wasn’t. In this game samac and zenge both had vis toward the top of their poes at their time of dying. So in my experience in all the ways that matter wolf!visc is plent consistent with my last experience of wolf!visc thank you very much.
Except vissy here was village reading you

I’ve liked zuri’s posts. Z’s ~tone~ has bugged me a couple of posts.

Hmmm from the very of zuri that I saw yesterday, I don’t like him being bottom of reads, especially in combo with another lowposting noob

I’m confused by the reading of Zuri’s posts as wolfy. I appreciate samac laying out the reasoning but I just can’t see them the same way. All the things she called out as too-much-inside-knowledge just… don’t look like that to me idk

Actually thanks for bringing that up because I’ve been thinking about it and in both this game and bowling vis made the claim that they wanted to go easy on noobs while casting sus on noobs which I called out as feeling wolfy. In that game I also went down screaming to consider vis sus after people who had listed vis toward the top of their poe were nightkilled and people told me that was too hamfisted for vis but it wasn’t. In this game samac and zenge both had vis toward the top of their poes at their time of dying. So in my experience in all the ways that matter wolf!visc is plent consistent with my last experience of wolf!visc thank you very much.
In BoWWling I voted Vis D1 and was night-killed N2, right after Dubz, who was a mechanics-mandated NK.

Hm.

and how would i see that? how many tallies were posted?

i honestly thought unyeeting zenge made it a tie with him and woxy.
genny pls you were on thread throughout the hour before yeet close, so you were aware of the votes made and could plan accordingly even with a tally not currently available

I have paranoia concerns about TN, genny, SP, and Samac, in that order. But TN is a wide tier above, and genny and SP are much lower on the list. Samac is very bottom.

I think I need something distinct from POE, we could say I have two lists. A POE, and like, Cray's cray cray list. Call it the CCC. The hall of paranoia. I don't know, need something clever.

The paranoia concerns are in the case that we have things wrong and we need to start our list over and if it starts to look like sheeping dead D1 Zenge's reads aren't going to do it for us.
Explain soothingly

I think I said wolves hide behind salt votes, and villagers using them give them cover. And in my world, can make villagers who use them appear to be wolfier than they really are. Doesn't change that my point about wolves hiding behind salt votes was proven correct. If samac is going to be given credit about subconscious symmetrical reads lists having merit, I see no reason to conclude that my point about wolves and salt votes has any less merit than that or say Lupin's rule.

Arguably Lupin's rule could also just be statistics.
Very much an aside but Lupin's rule is totally just statistics given the size of the average game.

I agree, having also scummed with you. This does not seem like something you'd do.

genny pls you were on the thread for an hour before yeet close and then stating RL events prevented you from recasting a vote 3 min before yeet close despite being regularly on thread otherwise. You were likely aware of the events that unfolded even while away so i’m not sure why you’re deferring to RL as preventing you from voting. This isn’t new

yes, i play WW for the boring predictability of it. glad we're on the same page now.
I feel like you’re trying to deflect the vote absence on situational factors and stating you’d be surprised of any ties without any tallies in sight, when really for the time you’ve been on, you already got an idea on what to do and just chose to hedge at the end to avoid the scrutiny. You’d been following the posts and votes in the last hour of D1 so this isn’t really a surprise

This also connects to my point about the low accuracy/high error salt read stance. Salt reads by their nature are NAI but to force an affiliation to them is a stretch that can be used for anything (see RNG votes, sheeping votes, and even meta votes). All of these are NAI by their nature so trying to claim credit for overjustifying the Woxy D1 pressure vote is a major stretch
Lawpy I've been saying those D1 vote styles are wolfy for years. Now what. *Mike drop*