Oklahoma Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to get into University of Oklahoma? Is there a big difference btw one who is a resident and nonres? What kind of stats and ecs are good? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you're an Oklahoma resident, OU would be a less competitive school to get into. So far, the average MCAT for the incoming class is around 30 and the gpa is around 3.7. Last year, the MCAT average was around 29. OU seems to focus a little more on the hard aspects of your application (numbers) instead of soft factors (ecs), so you don't need to do anything spectacular. Some shadowing and basic hospital volunteering should be fine. Research is definitely not needed, but I'm sure it can't hurt.

As far I know, OU doesn't accept out of state students who don't have ties to the state. In fact, the oos secondary asks you to write a letter about those ties, so if there are none, you won't have anything to say. :) Even with strong ties, I think they're a little pickier with numbers for oos students -- for example and totally anecdotally, I can't think of an oos student with lower than 30 MCAT who got an interview. OU's nice to out of staters, though, in that they do the main screening for them pre-interview. If you get an invited to an interview, your chances of acceptance should be as good as an instater's chances would be.

If you're an Oklahoma resident, OU would be a less competitive school to get into. So far, the average MCAT for the incoming class is around 30 and the gpa is around 3.7. Last year, the MCAT average was around 29. OU seems to focus a little more on the hard aspects of your application (numbers) instead of soft factors (ecs), so you don't need to do anything spectacular. Some shadowing and basic hospital volunteering should be fine. Research is definitely not needed, but I'm sure it can't hurt.

As far I know, OU doesn't accept out of state students who don't have ties to the state. In fact, the oos secondary asks you to write a letter about those ties, so if there are none, you won't have anything to say. :) Even with strong ties, I think they're a little pickier with numbers for oos students -- for example and totally anecdotally, I can't think of an oos student with lower than 30 MCAT who got an interview. OU's nice to out of staters, though, in that they do the main screening for them pre-interview. If you get an invited to an interview, your chances of acceptance should be as good as an instater's chances would be.

I got an OOS interview with a 29Q and a 3.50 gpa. I do have much family in OKC and my father is an alumnnus of OU COM.
Me ... Waitlisted.