2023-2024 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II IS 9/5 as well

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
When do we expect acceptances to be for those who did not do ED? Is there a normal time frame A,R,WL come out?

When do we expect acceptances to be for those who did not do ED? Is there a normal time frame A,R,WL come out?

OU doesn’t do ED (unless it’s been recently implemented).

In typical years, it’s the week before winter break is when the begin to sent As or Rs.

During my interview day last week they said this year they’re doing rolling admissions and we could begin to hear back as soon as a week or 2 after interview, but everyone will hear back by middle of January. So basically I don’t think we can use the past to determine what it’s going to be like this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit your secondary? And congrats!! How did the interview go?
Sept. 1st! & it went well! OU bases their interview questions around the AAMC Core Competencies and the thread linked here about their interview questions/vibe was very accurate. There is about an hour-long informational session, and then the interviews happen after in waves that you are assigned to. The first half is blinded to grades/MCAT/etc. - they ask you seven questions and you have 5 mins each to answer. Then they have you leave, they look over your stats, and you come back and discuss any red flags you might have. My app is consistent, so we just continued with a couple more questions and then I was able to ask them my questions. My interview committee was three physicians and they were all great!

Reactions: 3 users
Currently a second year here, if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out. I helped on last year's boards here as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the call that I was accepted into both campuses!! IS interviewed in mid to late September for both campuses!!

Also, the call was from a private number so if you see one pop up on your phone answer it!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hoping for a second set of calls today even though it’s unlikely

Sept. 1st! & it went well! OU bases their interview questions around the AAMC Core Competencies and the thread linked here about their interview questions/vibe was very accurate. There is about an hour-long informational session, and then the interviews happen after in waves that you are assigned to. The first half is blinded to grades/MCAT/etc. - they ask you seven questions and you have 5 mins each to answer. Then they have you leave, they look over your stats, and you come back and discuss any red flags you might have. My app is consistent, so we just continued with a couple more questions and then I was able to ask them my questions. My interview committee was three physicians and they were all great!
Congrats on finishing the interview!
How did you prepare for it? Did they ask any of the generic questions about why medicine, problems in medicine, or why OU?

How did you prepare for it? Did they ask any of the generic questions about why medicine, problems in medicine, or why OU?
Not original commenter but I had my interview on September 24th. In my experience, they did not ask why medicine, problems in medicine, and not even why OU? I did not get any ethical dilemma questions (which I heard were rare anyway from OU). They just asked me questions based on the AAMC core competencies. In the second half, they asked me if there was anything else they wanted them to know about me. I prepared just using past interview questions from OU SDN page. I practiced with past interview questions and most of my questions were questions I had already practiced for, so I felt pretty good. I practiced with multiple people and I got a good amount of feedback so that I could keep improving my answers.

I have a very similar answer to the commenter above ^ I am out of state, so I did get why OU? in the second part of my interview. I also got asked why medicine but not exactly with that phrasing. A lot of my interest/major are outside of the medical field so they asked me why/how I knew I wanted to be a doctor. Wanted me to walk them through my path. I'm assuming you are interviewing soon - good luck! You've got this. I prepared with the questions on the SDN page as well! Just have an anecdote you can talk about for each of the core competencies.

Thanks everyone! I just did my interview this morning. I'm in-state and they only asked situational questions about the competencies. I was only asked one question after the break and then they opened it up to my questions for them and anything I wanted them to know about me.

• Care
Not original commenter but I had my interview on September 24th. In my experience, they did not ask why medicine, problems in medicine, and not even why OU? I did not get any ethical dilemma questions (which I heard were rare anyway from OU). They just asked me questions based on the AAMC core competencies. In the second half, they asked me if there was anything else they wanted them to know about me. I prepared just using past interview questions from OU SDN page. I practiced with past interview questions and most of my questions were questions I had already practiced for, so I felt pretty good. I practiced with multiple people and I got a good amount of feedback so that I could keep improving my answers.

I should have mentioned that I am IS

I have a question about using AP credit to fulfill OU's prereq requirements. I used my AP physics C credit to fulfill the first two installments of my schools introductory physics series (my university is on the trimester system). I took the third and final installment of this series for a grade as well as each installments corresponding lab course for a grade. OU's policy regarding AP credit is "Pass/Fail grading, advanced placement and CLEP courses are accepted if a subsequent higher course is taken for a grade." I am unsure if taking the final installment of my school's introductory physics course is considered a "subsequent higher course". Can anyone provide some clarification?

I have a question about using AP credit to fulfill OU's prereq requirements. I used my AP physics C credit to fulfill the first two installments of my schools introductory physics series (my university is on the trimester system). I took the third and final installment of this series for a grade as well as each installments corresponding lab course for a grade. OU's policy regarding AP credit is "Pass/Fail grading, advanced placement and CLEP courses are accepted if a subsequent higher course is taken for a grade." I am unsure if taking the final installment of my school's introductory physics course is considered a "subsequent higher course". Can anyone provide some clarification?

I would contact them to be sure, but the 3rd course you took SHOULD be the “subsequent higher course” and you should be good!

I would contact them to be sure, but the 3rd course you took SHOULD be the “subsequent higher course” and you should be good!
I hope so. I'd really love to drop the extra physics course that I'm in. Thanks for your clarification.

As an OOS with strong ties, is it worth sending them a LOI before IIs? I've heard LOIs don't really factor in after interviews for OU, so it seems that if there's a time to do it, it's now.

Anyone else not able to see their acceptance letter or pay the deposit on the portal after being accepted. I seen the other forms and accepted the offer on OU's website. I just can't click into the offer response tab in the portal. Anyone know what's going on?

Anyone else not able to see their acceptance letter or pay the deposit on the portal after being accepted. I seen the other forms and accepted the offer on OU's website. I just can't click into the offer response tab in the portal. Anyone know what's going on?
@Rayneman_11 I had the same issue initially, but by the next day when I logged I could view the correct letter. Also, even though it said there was a $500 deposit on the AMP login site, when I went to actually accept the offer through the other link, it said the deposit was $0, so I did not have to pay anything. So, I think some of these issues are vestiges of the AMP software template that they have not completely eradicated or updated.

@Rayneman_11 I had the same issue initially, but by the next day when I logged I could view the correct letter. Also, even though it said there was a $500 deposit on the AMP login site, when I went to actually accept the offer through the other link, it said the deposit was $0, so I did not have to pay anything. So, I think some of these issues are vestiges of the AMP software template that they have not completely eradicated or updated.
Mine was updated as well but it says class of 2023. It let me accept it though in the portal

Bruh, I emailed them asking about if my AP credit would count and they responded by rejecting me 💀

• Haha
Current M1 here. If you have any questions feel free to reach out. Also I've heard this year they are trying to fill their class by december, but idk the exact details of that.

If they're trying to fill the class by Dec does that mean they're likely cutting off interviews by early Dec?

If they're trying to fill the class by Dec does that mean they're likely cutting off interviews by early Dec?

That won’t happen- there are a couple scheduled in early January. It’s possible they could want to send out 165 acceptances by then (I have no idea if it’s true), but some people will turn them down so the class will be far from finalized in December.

That won’t happen- there are a couple scheduled in early January. It’s possible they could want to send out 165 acceptances by then (I have no idea if it’s true), but some people will turn them down so the class will be far from finalized in December.
gotcha, thanks for the clarification!

Has anyone received any II lately?
Also does anyone know if they accept letters of intent?

Oh definitly not. Like Meta said ppl will drop out. They need a waitlist. They just want at least accept as many will fill a whole class by december.

OOS II on 10/23. Interviewed on 10/25. LM 73 with close ties to OK. They said we should get a decision in early December.

A question, does matriculation rate on AAMC website include student totals from both campuses or it is just from the HSC campus?

Hi. Has anyone gotten an II after being complete by 9/7? Feel like I've heard nothing but radio silence since I submitted.

The anxiety has been killing me. Has anyone heard about anyone getting accepted this week or last week? If so, when did they interview?

The last batch of As I heard of happened on 10/30. My friend who interviewed 10/15 was accepted to both campuses.