You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Oklahoma State 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know how likely it is to get off the waitlist?
For in-state? Historically there’s not a lot of movement for in-state. Some, but not nearly as much movement as OOS. But with provisional accreditation and the lack of specialists in the hospital, I could see there potentially being more movement than in previous years if people are choosing to go elsewhere (and I know the hospital situation is slowly improving, I saw recently they hired a dermatologist and I know they have internal med back now too which is great).Does anyone know how likely it is to get off the waitlist?
I am pretty sure that in previous years, they don’t start calling IS waitlist until after spring grades are in (so May, rather than April). I think they usually reassess the wait list with those spring grades in mind. Not sure if they still do that but they used to.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureCowVet!
New Member
That’s wonderful! Congratulations!I got my email! Accepted 🙂
Oklahoma.S
Full Member
IS acceptance. I am truly shocked
FutureCowVet!
New Member
Oh that is so awesome!!!! Congratulations!IS acceptance. I am truly shocked
Yes, the IS waitlist doesn’t typically move much. We are expecting the probationary accreditation to be resolved this fall as the necessary changes have been made. We are interviewing specialists pretty much daily this month. And yes, we have a dermatologist now. She’s great!For in-state? Historically there’s not a lot of movement for in-state. Some, but not nearly as much movement as OOS. But with provisional accreditation and the lack of specialists in the hospital, I could see there potentially being more movement than in previous years if people are choosing to go elsewhere (and I know the hospital situation is slowly improving, I saw recently they hired a dermatologist and I know they have internal med back now too which is great).
I am pretty sure that in previous years, they don’t start calling IS waitlist until after spring grades are in (so May, rather than April). I think they usually reassess the wait list with those spring grades in mind. Not sure if they still do that but they used to.
Congratulations to those that were accepted! And to those waitlisted, it looked like a very competitive cohort this year so be proud of what you’ve accomplished. I hope you get in!
Oklahoma.S
Full Member
Classmates!! Excited to hopefully meet you in the fall 🙂I got my email! Accepted 🙂
going up to 69/37 is wild considering tuition differences. can’t afford to staff specialists to save their life and now losing more money from taking away more OOS that the state isn’t going to reimburse them for??? Plus class size hasn’t changed since my year, despite the larger classroom building. Doesn’t make sense to meThey’re planning to go from 58 IS / 48 OOS up to 69 IS and 37 OOS. Sounded like this will for sure happen for 2026, but they’ve looked at it for the 2025 group too?
futuredogtorccmr
New Member
IS Acceptance! So excited to join the class of 2029 cohort this fall!
Oklahoma.S
Full Member
Yay!! Can't wait to meet you. 🙂IS Acceptance! So excited to join the class of 2029 cohort this fall!
primefox
Hopeful DVM Class of 2029
Anyone have any insight on the OOS waitlist? I emailed them and they said that they would call before April [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]th if spots opened up, but I’m assuming that it usually doesn’t happen until after because people commit to other schools?
Most OOS waitlist movement occurs in the weeks around April 15 because that’s the universal deadline. It’s possible they’d call earlier but I’d probably mentally prepare not to hear anything until in mid-April and then just be pleasantly surprised a call came earlier. But waitlists can technically shift clear up until classes start if people change their minds.
Last year, I called them and they told me approximately where I was on the OOS waitlist. They are not allowed to tell you your exact number, but it gave me some idea.
primefox
Hopeful DVM Class of 2029
Last year, I called them and they told me approximately where I was on the OOS waitlist. They are not allowed to tell you your exact number, but it gave me some idea.
I already emailed them so I don’t want to call too[emoji43][emoji94] I’ve been accepted elsewhere but this is so much closer to home for me that I would love to go there instead! They did not explicitly say where I landed on the waitlist, but did ask me for my phone number lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just declined my OOS seat. Hope someone here gets called off the waitlist soon!
I have no idea, I wish there were more information available. I would like to visit the campus incase I get called off the waitlist because we only have 48 hours to respond. But at the same time, I was on the waitlist last year and never got called so I’m glad I didn’t waste the time and money going to tour it
rottielover12
New Member
what is everybody wearing to admitted students day?
Oklahoma.S
Full Member
I plan on wearing jeans, boots (or maybe my hey dudes), and a plain black shirt. From the past photos I've seen - it has not been too formal!what is everybody wearing to admitted students day?
Declined my OOS waitlist seat today, I was emailed an offer Friday. Hoping someone here gets that offer soon!
primefox
Hopeful DVM Class of 2029
Declined my OOS waitlist seat today, I was emailed an offer Friday. Hoping someone here gets that offer soon!
Did they call you as well? I was under the impression that we got called
I only got an email.Did they call you as well? I was under the impression that we got called
Received a call today for an OOS seat
For anyone still hesitating on Oklahoma State, we got word from our dean this morning that we are no longer on probationary accreditation!
sitstayslay
New Member
Got an OOS acceptance call today & will be declining! Good luck to those on the waitlist! 🙂
What time did you receive your call?Got an OOS acceptance call today & will be declining! Good luck to those on the waitlist! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
animallover632
Full Member
Received a call this morning and declined my OOS seat. Good Luck to everyone.
Oklahoma.S
Full Member
Join the OK State c/o 2029 Facebook! There are several posts about people looking for roommates 🙂