Oklahoma State c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Uhhhh... honestly, I don't miss Stillwater dining very much. Haha.

I miss Fuzzy's, I miss Main Street Noodle, and I miss Red Rock Bakery. And the original Hideaway, though it's basically a chain now.

Granny's is a good breakfast spot, especially since the ihop is miserable.

Members don't see this ad.

There's a Pie Five and a Noodles&Company that's new. I've thought those were pretty good.

Anyone have any restaurant recommendations for dinner in Stillwater? (Besides Fuzzy's )
I'm currently doing undergrad at okstate.

Granny's is good. Shortcakes is good. Fuzzy's. Panera Bread. McAllister's. 3 different sonics. Noodles & co and Pie 5 is great. We recently got a Zaxby's. Eskimo Joe's and the other two Joe's are pretty good. Also Aspen Coffee is a pretty great coffee chain. I'm trying to think of others, but I'm drawing a blank.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
We ended up doing Hideaway last night because pizza always sounds good. It was decent pizza!

Reactions: 1 user
We ended up doing Hideaway last night because pizza always sounds good. It was decent pizza!
We went there, too. I liked the kites on the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm currently doing undergrad at okstate.

Granny's is good. Shortcakes is good. Fuzzy's. Panera Bread. McAllister's. 3 different sonics. Noodles & co and Pie 5 is great. We recently got a Zaxby's. Eskimo Joe's and the other two Joe's are pretty good. Also Aspen Coffee is a pretty great coffee chain. I'm trying to think of others, but I'm drawing a blank.

The *original* Sonic is there. Oh yeah, Slim Chickens is good, and Aspen was a frequent place for most vet students.

Mexico Joe's is so bad it's downright pathetic...

We went there, too. I liked the kites on the wall.

The owners love to fly kites - it's their hobby. So that's part of their personal collection. Unfortunately, Richard Dermer died a couple of years ago (RIP the Big Kahuna) but his wife still owns the place I think. Really great folks. Had a 21 year old cat that was the sweetest.

The *original* Sonic is there. Oh yeah, Slim Chickens is good, and Aspen was a frequent place for most vet students.

Mexico Joe's is so bad it's downright pathetic...
Oh yeah Mexico Joe's is absolutely terrible. Eskimo Joe's isn't bad, nor is the new one, Mojo's.

There's a neighborhood right behind the vet school. I lived there all four years, five minute walk to the lecture hall. Had dogs, lived alone in a little 2br house, rent was <650. Didn't include utilities though. But unless housing costs have significantly gone up it might be doable
How did you find your rental house?
When I try to look up rentals, I'm finding houses for $1,500. So, I'm probably not looking in the right places (websites).

Giving up my OOS spot! Good luck waitlisters, it's a great school. They made it sound like the OOS waitlist moves a lot each year

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially accepted my seat. :)

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys! Today I gave up my OOS seat to go to a school that was a better fit for me. For those of you still on the wait list have hope and good luck!

Hi! I gave up my OOS seat. Best of luck to those on the wait-list! OK State looks like an awesome school.

In case you're wondering, my choice came down to where my husband is able to further his current career and live in the same place as me. We were looking at living apart 100% of the time if I chose Oklahoma, and that offset most of the differences in tuition (duplicate housing expenses + travel).

Just declined my OOS seat. :( I hope someone here gets it! Good luck to the OSU class of 2020!

Im on the OOS waitlist and really hoping I get off of it! Has anyone heard from them yet?

Historically they begin calling OOS first and start soon after deadline. I am not at the school to ask though. IS gets calls after spring grades come in, so early June if the past holds true.

I have a question for anyone that has taken the animal nutrition class correspondence course: Do the exams really take a full hour? Were they incredibly lengthy or tiresome? I am think about taking one right before I have to head to work.

Thanks!!!

I have a question for anyone that has taken the animal nutrition class correspondence course: Do the exams really take a full hour? Were they incredibly lengthy or tiresome? I am think about taking one right before I have to head to work.

Thanks!!!
No they are multiple choice. I think the first one took me 20min max.

Does anyone know where I can find the OOS cost of attendance breakdown for Oklahoma State's Vet School? I can find the tuition, but not full COA (living expenses, books, etc..)

Does anybody have any idea how long waitlists are at OK State? I have heard a wide range of numbers, from "not very long" to other schools having 100 plus.

Current students.... Is it always IMPOSSIBLE to set up a password for your okey? This process is really frustrating.

lol. Not only is it annoying long and complex, you have to change it all the time for security reasons. Good times.
UGH. It's like every 120 days. It's super frustrating. And you can't use the same password that you've used in the past 4 changes.

lol. Not only is it annoying long and complex, you have to change it all the time for security reasons. Good times.
I finally got it set up... Now I can't log in. Guess I'm never using my email. :laugh:

I just informed admissions that I will be accepting an offer to CSU. I was IS at OSU. Good luck to anyone on the IS waitlist!

Should we have heard anything about financial aid yet, or does that come in the info in June?

Should we have heard anything about financial aid yet, or does that come in the info in June?
I can't remember when I got notified, but if you are in the SIS system, you can go check your financial aid package if it's up. When it is, you simply click accept all or input whatever amount you want and it is disbursed sometime during the first week of school if I recall correctly.

I can't remember when I got notified, but if you are in the SIS system, you can go check your financial aid package if it's up. When it is, you simply click accept all or input whatever amount you want and it is disbursed sometime during the first week of school if I recall correctly.
SIS is actually changing over the summer, it won't be available for anything in the Fall (you know, since SIS looks like it belongs in the 90's). It's going to be:
https://ssb.okstate.edu/OSU/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage

Just so you know! :)

I can't even log into my email right now because something is messed up with my okey thing, and the OSU IT department won't email me back... soooo, hopefully nothing important is getting sent to that email. :rofl:

I can't even log into my email right now because something is messed up with my okey thing, and the OSU IT department won't email me back... soooo, hopefully nothing important is getting sent to that email. :rofl:
I would call them honestly (during business hours). They're really bad at responding to emails

I'm on the waitlist. Today I got the "class is full" email. Its not even June 1st! I suppose the IS students accepted right off all decided to go? Ah well, guess I'll start polishing my application for next year!

Does anyone know when orientation starts / when white coat is? I'm trying to determine moving plans and my parents need to book plane tickets etc for white coat.

^^This reminds me, I need to purchase plane tickets too!

I think we should be getting more info next week- at least I hope so! All I have heard is orientation is during the week of Aug 8th and I am assuming the white coat ceremony is after orientation but prior to the start of classes on Aug 15th? Not sure if that helps at all.