Oklahoma State c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't for the life of me figure out why they always have interviews when first years have their first major anatomy exam. Don't be too skeered by the drawn faces wandering through the school and lobby. haha

Or by the fact that we all currently smell like formaldehyde mixed with rotting death. By Friday interviews we will hopefully be semi-human again since the exam is Thursday. [emoji4]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thursday afternoon! It's only a couple days away. Holy crap! I'm ready but also so not ready. When is yours?
Friday afternoon! I feel like I need to get quite a bit of "prep" in these next few days before I'll feel remotely ready. I may or may not have been procrastinating because that's how I roll.
 
Does anyone know how interviews are set up? I'm interviewing Friday and can't remember if I saw anything earlier in the thread about how interviews go.
 
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! I'm OOS and Oklahoma is the last school I'm waiting on and I've been flat out rejected by everyone else, so I'm really REALLY hoping for good news in a few weeks.
 
Does anyone know how interviews are set up? I'm interviewing Friday and can't remember if I saw anything earlier in the thread about how interviews go.
They have a current faculty member, a local vet, and a 4th year student. They ask you questions ranging from what you like and dislike about vet med, stuff from your personal statement and application, to current events. Mine was pretty easy going, just be yourself.
 
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! I'm OOS and Oklahoma is the last school I'm waiting on and I've been flat out rejected by everyone else, so I'm really REALLY hoping for good news in a few weeks.
Same here Red! Ahhh it's so nerve wracking!

If the pattern for the past couple of years stays, they interview this week, deliberate/ wait a week, and then they tell us that Monday (would be February 27th). Hopefully it stays to schedule (or goes out earlier, that would be cool!)
 
LESS THAN 24 HOURS! I've went to an interview at Ok State last year, waitlisted and then they filled the class. So, I've been through the interview before, but that doesn't stop me from being nervous. Last year my interview was as stated above, one faculty, one practicing vet and a 4th year student. It was also very casual and the interviewers were very nice. Overall a good experience. Good luck to all else applying!
 
Same here Red! Ahhh it's so nerve wracking!

If the pattern for the past couple of years stays, they interview this week, deliberate/ wait a week, and then they tell us that Monday (would be February 27th). Hopefully it stays to schedule (or goes out earlier, that would be cool!)

Well. Because I've had time to kill I've done a bit of obsessing. Here is the data I have gathered:

c/o: 2020
Interviews: Thursday February 11th and Friday February 12th
Official Decisions: Tuesday February 23rd beginning at 12:05 pm

c/o 2019
Interviews: Thursday February 12th and Friday February 13th
Official Decisions: Tuesday February 24th beginning at 9:53 am

Inferences drawn:
For the last two cycles, interviews fell on Thursdays and Fridays. This is consistent with the current cycle.
Official decisions were released eleven days after the Friday interview day.
Official decisions were released on a Tuesday.
If this data continues toward this trend we can expect to know our official status on Tuesday, February 28th around 11:00 am.
 
Well. Because I've had time to kill I've done a bit of obsessing. Here is the data I have gathered:

c/o: 2020
Interviews: Thursday February 11th and Friday February 12th
Official Decisions: Tuesday February 23rd beginning at 12:05 pm

c/o 2019
Interviews: Thursday February 12th and Friday February 13th
Official Decisions: Tuesday February 24th beginning at 9:53 am

Inferences drawn:
For the last two cycles, interviews fell on Thursdays and Fridays. This is consistent with the current cycle.
Official decisions were released eleven days after the Friday interview day.
Official decisions were released on a Tuesday.
If this data continues toward this trend we can expect to know our official status on Tuesday, February 28th around 11:00 am.
Oh yiiiikes. I'm supposed to be in McElroy at that time to be in the lab haha. No pressure or anything 🤣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! Do you in-staters have any idea when we are supposed to hear about acceptances? I am out of state and feel so out of the loop =P
 
Hey! Do you in-staters have any idea when we are supposed to hear about acceptances? I am out of state and feel so out of the loop =P
here you go! Red had a pretty good post a little further up that explains how it's been the past couple years/ what we *might* expect to see
Well. Because I've had time to kill I've done a bit of obsessing. Here is the data I have gathered:

c/o: 2020
Interviews: Thursday February 11th and Friday February 12th
Official Decisions: Tuesday February 23rd beginning at 12:05 pm

c/o 2019
Interviews: Thursday February 12th and Friday February 13th
Official Decisions: Tuesday February 24th beginning at 9:53 am

Inferences drawn:
For the last two cycles, interviews fell on Thursdays and Fridays. This is consistent with the current cycle.
Official decisions were released eleven days after the Friday interview day.
Official decisions were released on a Tuesday.
If this data continues toward this trend we can expect to know our official status on Tuesday, February 28th around 11:00 am.
 
I survived my interview! Thankfully I was prepared for 90% of the questions they asked me and was able to think of an answer to the rest. There were points when I caught myself talking in circles but was able to shut it down relatively quickly. One of my interviewers was very stoic and didn't respond much to what I was saying, but the other two were very friendly and encouraging so it made up for it. The information sheet they gave us says that we should receive emailed decisions either February 27 or 28th. So close, people, so close!
 
I survived my interview! Thankfully I was prepared for 90% of the questions they asked me and was able to think of an answer to the rest. There were points when I caught myself talking in circles but was able to shut it down relatively quickly. One of my interviewers was very stoic and didn't respond much to what I was saying, but the other two were very friendly and encouraging so it made up for it. The information sheet they gave us says that we should receive emailed decisions either February 27 or 28th. So close, people, so close!
Glad it went well!!! Ahhh! So close! So many emotions!
 
I survived my interview! Thankfully I was prepared for 90% of the questions they asked me and was able to think of an answer to the rest. There were points when I caught myself talking in circles but was able to shut it down relatively quickly. One of my interviewers was very stoic and didn't respond much to what I was saying, but the other two were very friendly and encouraging so it made up for it. The information sheet they gave us says that we should receive emailed decisions either February 27 or 28th. So close, people, so close!
Yay! I also felt like two people were more responsive and the third was sorta quiet. AND THAT INFO SHEET! Holy crap. It has been forever since we sent in the applications and now decisions are right around the corner.😱:barf::xf:Nervously crossing my fingers for good news for everybody! :highfive:
 
Glad it went well!!! Ahhh! So close! So many emotions!
Yay! I also felt like two people were more responsive and the third was sorta quiet. AND THAT INFO SHEET! Holy crap. It has been forever since we sent in the applications and now decisions are right around the corner.😱:barf::xf:Nervously crossing my fingers for good news for everybody! :highfive:

I know, right!? So excited for all of us! :happy:
 
I know, right!? So excited for all of us! :happy:
I work nights and I don't know how I'm going to sleep on those days. I'm gonna get off work and just stare at my phone. It's nice to know when to expect to hear but it's also not nice to know, ya know?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work nights and I don't know how I'm going to sleep on those days. I'm gonna get off work and just stare at my phone. It's nice to know when to expect to hear but it's also not nice to know, ya know?
I didn't think they did phone calls? I think they only did it one year because there was a mistake in the email, so they called instead to clarify something.
 
Good Luck random people! :luck::luck::luck::luck:

I didn't apply hear but I'm waiting for @cdoconn to get in so I'm stalking this thread. Just remember to breath and put it out of your mind. I find decisions come when I finally stop thinking about it.
Thanks Coopah!!! Super nervous.

Me too me too! 😛
Hopefully we both get in and we don't have to be long distance twlovers anymore!

Wow ski I feel bad, of course I'm seriously pulling for you! I didn't know you applied here, my bad :laugh:. Hey you two kick butt ok?:punch:
@SkiOtter Coopah just loves me more. Sucks being forgotten to her, huh?
 
I didn't think they did phone calls? I think they only did it one year because there was a mistake in the email, so they called instead to clarify something.
Oh no. Can you imagine if the mistake was that they accidentally sent acceptance emails to people who were supposed to be rejected? That would be bad.
 
There's only 11 whole days left in Feb. You are SO close!!!!
11 days.
office-dwight-mad.gif
 
I didn't think they did phone calls? I think they only did it one year because there was a mistake in the email, so they called instead to clarify something.

Oh no. Can you imagine if the mistake was that they accidentally sent acceptance emails to people who were supposed to be rejected? That would be bad.

No, I don't have internet at my house so my source of email is my phone. Waiting on a phone call would be terrible!

I really can't imagine the emails getting mixed up. I really can't. There is no, like, what would they do? Those people would be so crushed when they find they are actually being rejected.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Back in my day...

*taps cane against floor*

We had to wait for mail to come. So you were stalking the mailman. Sitting around waiting for the sound of the mail truck.

And then we realized that thin letters were bad and thick letters (with stickers) were good.

Now, just an email? Hmmph.
I hope we get mail too. I have a sentimental love of snail mail. 😍

Unless, of course, it's a rejection. That puppy is going in the trash.
 
I work nights and I don't know how I'm going to sleep on those days. I'm gonna get off work and just stare at my phone. It's nice to know when to expect to hear but it's also not nice to know, ya know?
Oh, I agree. Seems so far away. I'm currently trying to snap my focus back to undergrad. I get to study Spanish this weekend. Yaaaay.
 
Back in my day...

*taps cane against floor*

We had to wait for mail to come. So you were stalking the mailman. Sitting around waiting for the sound of the mail truck.

And then we realized that thin letters were bad and thick letters (with stickers) were good.

Now, just an email? Hmmph.

A vet I used to work for was telling me about this. She said you could always tell if you got in depending on if it was certified mail or not. How nerve-wracking.
 
Back in my day...

*taps cane against floor*

We had to wait for mail to come. So you were stalking the mailman. Sitting around waiting for the sound of the mail truck.

And then we realized that thin letters were bad and thick letters (with stickers) were good.

Now, just an email? Hmmph.
If you would've told me this a year ago, I would've died. The mailing services on campus are the worst. September 2015 my mom sent both me and my brother (in Austin) gift card in the mail. He got his in a couple days later, I never got mine. I went to the mailing services, the post office- nothing. I finally got it, as it was finally returned to the sender in MAY- 8 months later.

I don't have good experience with mailing services hahaa