-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Oklahoma State c/o 2024
Started by Chowdog
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Woo! Recent grad here, so out of date on some stuff, but I'm available to answer stuffs too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You’re in the pre-vet forum, not sure if you realized that! This is for Oklahoma State’s vet school, not OU!Thank you! Filling out the supplemental application now and the site crashed... I have a Pre-med Academic Advisor, Dentist, A&P Professor, and an Art Professor for my letters of recommendation in AADSAS. Will I need a second science faculty LOR for OU?
When did you hear
When did you hear about your acceptance?I didn't see a thread started for OK State class of 2024 yet! 🙂
I will be an incoming first year (out of state), class of 2023!
Good luck, and feel free to ask me anything!
I heard on February 27th! I know you didn’t ask me, but I’m a third year! It’s around the last of February/ beginning of March.When did you hear
When did you hear about your acceptance?
They’ll send out a timeline later, but yeah you’ll get an interview invitation if you’re an IS student during January (last year they cancelled interviews due to weather so idk)
Thank you!I heard on February 27th! I know you didn’t ask me, but I’m a third year! It’s around the last of February/ beginning of March.
They’ll send out a timeline later, but yeah you’ll get an interview invitation if you’re an IS student during January (last year they cancelled interviews due to weather so idk)
When did you hear
When did you hear about your acceptance?
I didn’t end up attending Oklahoma State, but I received my OOS acceptance on January 25th 2019 by email.
Thank you!I didn’t end up attending Oklahoma State, but I received my OOS acceptance on January 25th 2019 by email.
Just dropping by to wish all the applicants luck! It's gonna be a long wait, but take this time to enjoy the little things and stock up on happy feelings to get through rougher times! 



Hi everyone, I have a question! I received an email from OSU about my Organic 1 and 2 classes not being accepted. I took these courses at a community college over the summer because I was told to do that since its easier. OSU said that my organic classes must be taken at a 4 year institution and I am confused because no other school has had any issues with these two classes being taken at a community college. I emailed them to ask them what I can do but I really don't want to have to take both organics again and over this summer at a 4 year university. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any advice as to what I should do?
You have to take it at a 4 year university if they say you have to. It says it on their admissions requirements page as well. This actually isn’t too uncommon.Hi everyone, I have a question! I received an email from OSU about my Organic 1 and 2 classes not being accepted. I took these courses at a community college over the summer because I was told to do that since its easier. OSU said that my organic classes must be taken at a 4 year institution and I am confused because no other school has had any issues with these two classes being taken at a community college. I emailed them to ask them what I can do but I really don't want to have to take both organics again and over this summer at a 4 year university. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any advice as to what I should do?
Hi everyone, I have a question! I received an email from OSU about my Organic 1 and 2 classes not being accepted. I took these courses at a community college over the summer because I was told to do that since its easier. OSU said that my organic classes must be taken at a 4 year institution and I am confused because no other school has had any issues with these two classes being taken at a community college. I emailed them to ask them what I can do but I really don't want to have to take both organics again and over this summer at a 4 year university. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any advice as to what I should do?
This is common for many vet schools to require higher level classes be taken at a 4-year institution. If you want to apply, you’ll have to comply with the requirements to be eligible
They do state this on their prerequisites web page. This is one of those things that you cannot take anything for granted. Sorry you found out that way. 🙁Hi everyone, I have a question! I received an email from OSU about my Organic 1 and 2 classes not being accepted. I took these courses at a community college over the summer because I was told to do that since its easier. OSU said that my organic classes must be taken at a 4 year institution and I am confused because no other school has had any issues with these two classes being taken at a community college. I emailed them to ask them what I can do but I really don't want to have to take both organics again and over this summer at a 4 year university. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any advice as to what I should do?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks everyone for the info! Worst case scenario I will just have to take it at a 4 year university over the summer which is doable. Thanks again!
Thanks everyone for the info! Worst case scenario I will just have to take it at a 4 year university over the summer which is doable. Thanks again!
Most (all?) schools require all prereqs to be completed by the end of the spring semester. So I would verify a summer course is cool with OSU before spending the time and money.
yeah it’s been a couple years since I applied but I think I had to have all pre-requisites in and to the office by like June 1st of my entry year! If not/ if I didn’t pass the required class, I would’ve automatically forfeited my spotMost (all?) schools require all prereqs to be completed by the end of the spring semester. So I would verify a summer course is cool with OSU before spending the time and money.
milosowner
KSU c/o 2024
Nothing yet!Has any OOS heard back yet? I know they said the 30th but I’m getting anxious!!
Gal2015
Full Member
Haven't heard yet. I saw that IS applicants got interview invites yesterday. If it's like last year, OOS might hear within a few days of that. [emoji1696]
The latest possible time that we can be notified is just a little over a week away. So, hang in there and good luck!
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
The latest possible time that we can be notified is just a little over a week away. So, hang in there and good luck!
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
pizzaandpuppies
Full Member
OOS alternate
stuckintheponyphase
Full Member
OOS acceptance!
I got the same messageOOS Alternate
Did everyone’s email say “ Confidentiality of applicant records prevent us from releasing specific rankings of applicants, but we are pleased to tell you that your records compare favorably with those of students being offered admission”
I wonder if that means we’re higher up or I wonder if everyone got it???I got the same message
milosowner
KSU c/o 2024
OOS alternate :/ I wish they told us our place on the waitlist
milosowner
KSU c/o 2024
Congratulations!!!OOS accepted!!!! 😍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS acceptance! (still sinking in since this was application cycle #3 for me!)
Can any current students/recent grads tell me more about what electives are offered? I found a small list of them (LA therio, ultrasound, ophthalmology, etc.) but noticed there wasn't anything in the way of nutrition. Do you guys get much experience in that?
Can any current students/recent grads tell me more about what electives are offered? I found a small list of them (LA therio, ultrasound, ophthalmology, etc.) but noticed there wasn't anything in the way of nutrition. Do you guys get much experience in that?
congrats!!! Welcome!OOS acceptance!
congrats!!!!OOS accepted!!!! 😍
congrats!!!OOS acceptance! (still sinking in since this was application cycle #3 for me!)
Can any current students/recent grads tell me more about what electives are offered? I found a small list of them (LA therio, ultrasound, ophthalmology, etc.) but noticed there wasn't anything in the way of nutrition. Do you guys get much experience in that?
We get a decent about of nutrition- but they’ve really been trying to change the curriculum and actually add more nutrition! I’m a small animal person, so all of the electives I’ve taken are small animal based, but I’ll try to come up with a comprehensive list
What is the curriculum like?We get a decent about of nutrition- but they’ve really been trying to change the curriculum and actually add more nutrition! I’m a small animal person, so all of the electives I’ve taken are small animal based, but I’ll try to come up with a comprehensive list
I know some schools use a system-based approach where every class you’re taking is studying the same body system.
And how is your exam schedule? Do they try to spread them out (like 1/week) or do you have weeks where you’ll have 3-4?
Is there anything in particular that you really love about OSU?
Thanks 🙂