Oklahoma State Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

San_Juan_Sun

Professor of Life
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone that knows much about OSU, would you mind telling us what to expect from an interview there? I'm heading there in October. Anything I ought to know as an out-of-state applicant?

One other question: if you buy a home in Oklahoma, are you considered a resident? Some states do this, others don't. Just curious.

Thanks for the responses.

Members don't see this ad.

The Oklahoma interview is very laid back, like most interviews. You start off the day interviewing, then, after everyone is done, you guys eat lunch and get led on the tour.

Unfortunatly, the only way they consider you a resident is if you've lived here for a year AND have worked at least 40 hours a week during that time. I know, strange. This means that if you attend the school, you'll be paying out of state tuition the whole four years.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

What day are you interviewing?

Fenrezz failed to mention that you are considered in state if you marry an Oklahoman ;) (really, it's the only other way I know of).

Let us know what day you are interviewing so we can make sure that we come and say hi! (That goes for any other SDNer interviewing at OSU, too!)

As Fenrezz said, the OSU interview is pretty laid back. They do want to know that you are considering a primary care specialty or rural medicine. (It can be part of a list of specialties you are considering, but don't say that you are only considering neurosurgery or something equivalent!!) Everyone here is quite friendly so don't worry!

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any other questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oooohhh! I forgot if I marry an Okie, I'll be one! Just like being bit by a vampire!

Okay, let's get a list of all the single women in the class!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:D
Out of the eight interviews I had, the OSU one was by far the most laid back and nonconfrontational. In fact, that is one of the main reasons I decided to go there. Everyone is friendly and fairly informal. I discussed baseball and drinking Guinness with one of the professors! The only "real" questions I was asked were: Why doctor? Why DO? Primary care? I am also from out-of-state, so they asked me if I planned on staying in OK after graduation and residency. I think you know the answer to that one.

Let us know when your interview date is so we can answer any questions.

shindog, are you class of 2006?